TAPE PIRACY

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
www.playps2.net
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re:TAPE PIRACY ON EBAY!

Post by www.playps2.net »

Just because one method “isn’t taken that seriously” does that make it more acceptable? As you’ve admitted, it’s just as illegal and trying to justify it by saying subscription fees have been paid, therefore you’re entitled to copy whatever you want and store it in your own personal collection is completely wrong.

Forums are for discussion. If this thread is considered arguing, then you can count one person less from contributing.

The truth is, there are two sides to every argument and the subject of piracy will never go away. Both sides have expressed their opinions over the subject, but it does really seem a tad bullish that I’ve become the enemy. I’ve merely raised points from a business perspective in terms of taking Knightmare as a BRAND, further.

In all honesty, do you really want to watch a show where other players are solving puzzles? We’ve now got the technology to put the viewer in control. Even a DVD Knightmare game might work. And it all comes down to whether or not there is a large enough market.

I never disagreed with respecting the producers’ wishes. In fact, It’s a compliment that something he has created lives on.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Last edited by Anonymous on 30 Jul 2005, 13:23, edited 1 time in total.
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

This is a legit auction. There are a few games out there (an arcade game, an MSX game, and a PC game) which are all called 'Knightmare', yet have nothing to do with the show.

Here's another illegal DVD auction, though:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 60230&rd=1

Also, this is interesting. It's a CD with a collection of TV themes on it, one of which being the Knightmare theme. Again, though, I strongly doubt that this is genuine, and is most probably a CD with lots of songs downloaded off the internet.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 42992&rd=1
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

BillyH wrote: Here's another illegal DVD auction, though:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 60230&rd=1

Also, this is interesting. It's a CD with a collection of TV themes on it, one of which being the Knightmare theme. Again, though, I strongly doubt that this is genuine, and is most probably a CD with lots of songs downloaded off the internet.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 42992&rd=1
::) *Sigh* It's people like that who give Honest Themesters like me a bad reputation & give the imprestion we're only out to profit from it. :(

There's plenty of us who just collect and swap themes free for our own personal fun and enjoyment.
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY
SlimAdey
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re:DVD on Ebay

Post by SlimAdey »

I'm surprised it's not been brought out on DVD offically yet. If bloody trap door can get an offical release, along with dogtannian and heman et al, why not knightmare? The mind boggles. :'(
Time out has gone, the quest is on.
AquaZ90
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by AquaZ90 »

Exactly. Even though generally, game shows won't be released on Video or DVD, It is more an interactive adventure and really should.
www.playps2.net
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by www.playps2.net »

A “nice to have in your collection” isn’t enough to justify an official release.

Shame really, because I’m still waiting for the unlikely Gamemaster to be released. That show was the blueprint for all videogame shows that followed, and inspired me to look at things in a wider picture and lighthearted way.

If you read the other thread in Knews discussion, you’ll see a “pirate DVD = bad / good argument”.
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Snowcat »

I pray that this ain't gonna cause yet another long thread on the same subject as we have had several times before but may I make a request? :)

It's already been established that many people out there are trying to cash in on the current retro-trends by selling pirate copies of Knightmare along with a multitude of other programs. We all know where E-Bay can be found and Knightmare memoribilia (such as it is) etc can be easily tracked down through this service. Because of this, is it possible for us to stop these "AArrgh! aaarggh! Pirate DVD's!" threads here on the forum?

By all means, make your point known to Ebay and the individuals concerned (IMHO, so long as we stay polite and professional, I encourage doing this) but there is little point in this forum being filled with anti-pirate war-cries. Although the sentiment is a good one, it's telling the wrong people of what's going on!

Although this is an unofficial site, it has become (through size, longevity and hard work on the part of the webmasters) the closest we're gonna get to an official Home! Due to this, the stance is and always will be anti-pirate. Tim Child himself and members of the cast have been known to frequent this very forum and have contributed to the site on more than one occasion. It is only right that we consider the copyright that THEY hold.

The story of the NKTP 'Robin Hood' tape-traders gone overboard is now legendary and is the main reason why the majority of older users are against wholesale piracy with the tenacity of Lord F's Blockers.

Thanks for listening, this is just my £10 (should be 2p but inflation can be hellish at times...... ;) ).
There are but 2 rules in this realm:-
1) He who sees first is the winner...
2) He who is seen first is toast...
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Ok I think a bit of rearranging is required here.

Whilst I appreciate this is a hot debate at the moment, and indeed an important issue, I would like it to be kept to one thread, if possible, and therefore I shall merge the two threads so we can keep all ebayness in the same place.

Thank yous. :)
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Fru
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Knightmare DVD's on ebay

Post by Fru »

I'm sure this has probably already been mentioned on here, but has anyone seen these?

http://i9.ebayimg.com/01/i/05/91/a9/b6_1_b.JPG

Does anyone own it? Or know if it's any good?

Fru x
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Re:Knightmare DVD's on ebay

Post by TheBrollachan »

No idea, just someone putting a bit of effort to on the cover to hide the fact that it is an unauthorised copy and therefore illegal.

Until recently Knightmare.com was suffering from ebay sellers hotlinking to images on this site, but that's since been fixed.

:)
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
Naitch
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Naitch »

Looks quite well made.

I wouldn't bid for it though as it is a fake.

Oh I do wish an official DVD release would happen.

Just think, September 2007!

Imagine a 20th anniversary boxed set.

All the series.
Think of the extras, CITV links, Knightmare characters on CITV, outtakes and a retrospective documentary featuring interviews with cast, crew and 'brave bands of youngsters'...
Fru
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Fru »

Just recieved it this morning and its absoloutly brilliant, the episodes are all divided perfectly, the quality is top notch and the menu screens are brilliant too. It's like a professional dvd production, what a find!
Becxsmagic
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Becxsmagic »

Yes, but it's still a fake and I don't know about the rest of you but I'd never buy anything unless it was official.
September 2007 would be a good date for a release, let's hope it happens!
Whereever you go, there you are
sammy22
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Is this allowed?

Post by sammy22 »

Just seen this on ebay

Basically someone is selling series 1-4 of knightmare. They have quite a few copies 7 at the moment, and have sold alot more as well. This is the 2nd time that I know of that the seller has offered this package.

I suggested in this forum that we could have used our collections to make a set which could be sold to the fans for a reasonable price. I got told in no uncertain terms this was illegal. However this guy is making a hell of a lot of money on knightmare £21(inc p+p) on each one sold and he can make as many of these as he likes.

Is this right? I thought I would just run it by you, i;m sure you will all be interested. No doubt if this is allowed 1 or 2 of you will even purchase one yourself, but it seems a little unfair how he is making so much money out of knightmare, when real fans would love for such a set but will no doubt be priced out of buying buy the seller.

For example I could purchase 1 for £21 to acquire the footage and simply do what hes doing. I have the right equiptment it wouldn;t take long. However I regard this as illegal and not the done thing.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KNIGHTMARE-COMPLE ... dZViewItem