That damned life force....

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:That damned life force....

Post by Kieran »

If you read the interview with Tim Child, he kinda explains why the Life Force became less of a priority, hence the pie.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
SkipTheDreadnort
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by SkipTheDreadnort »

Hi everyone,

You folks are just what I need to help me out of a creative rut I'm stuck in. I'm working on a Knightmare game, and there has been considerable deate about how to implement the Life Force Clock.

I'd really appreciate it if you could head over to the Here's a mad idea... thread and lay down some ideas.

http://www.talkknightmare.co.uk/yabbse/ ... eadid=1153

Thanks a lot!
Skip
Knightmare: The Deeper Dungeons (working title) - Coming Soon
Arcengal
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Arcengal »

Nowadays, I'm getting better (I started this topic!) with the life force clock. I'm ok looking just until it hits condition red, then I just look away and wait for the "oooh Nasty" or equivalent.
4 line sigs yada yada yada
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by knightmaredave »

that stupid cake it really annoyed me(as it did with all other people i know!)
i hated it when i watxched s 8 i say alweays to my friends "that bloody cake thing"
the 2nd lfe force was gos whern it was put into action for deaths though!!!! especially series 6 team 2 drednaught death!
knightmaredave
TomDread
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by TomDread »

I agree that life force was crap. Not scary at all. And i think there's a very good reason why it wasnt show when someone died- imagine it- someone dead; a plate fills up the screen. That dunt show a death. :-X

The first life force is best. I think for a new series it should be modified by making more movements- eyes blinking and face movements- & the frame on condition green (where that face opens his mouth really wide) should have a blood curling scream also there shud be ripping sounds on condition amber when skin peels of. extreme HORROR the way i imagine it but would put suspense bak into the show.
TomDread
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by TomDread »

I think the face was based on that knight in the 1-5 opening titles. Both faces are purple and the life force face has a helmet which makes me think it is a knight.
Last edited by TomDread on 16 Jul 2006, 16:20, edited 1 time in total.
Ironlord
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Ironlord »

Ye gods... an old thread.

Definitely one more vote for the original life force clock - and not just because I never* saw the second or third first time round, either.

* For certain values of "Never", that is. I saw a couple of clips of series 6 first time round, at least one containing the walking knight clock - which I thought was unmemorable at the time, but since then when I've seen it on Challenge it does have a very impressive CLANG! every time a bit of armour drops off.

The main problem with the S6-7 clock, though, is the same problem that the S1-2 clock had - it ran far too quickly, and there are a number of rooms where the clock could have started at full power and the dungeoneer would have been dead by the end of it. (Examples: every single level one clue room...) Did anyone ever manage to piece together how long the S6-7 clock ran out? I reckon that one was the shortest of the lot.
I am Granitas of legend. MY NAME IS NOT AMUSING!
Naitch
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Naitch »

I really liked the original life force.

I mean it was creepy, but that added to it in my opinion.

Esp. when it got to life force red, and the skull was disintergrating and the eyes would be spinning around. 8)

I quite liked the walking life force as well. Not as much as the original face, but I liked the way that too disintergrated at the end.

The pie I was neither here or there with it. I thought it was a bit silly at first, but it didn't get me hot under the collar.

Well, not as much as Majida anyway ;)
darkDescender
Knight
Knight

Post by darkDescender »

Steady now.
"Welcome to one of Mogdred's little playpens, dungeoneer. Play awhile...Play forever! Mwahahahahaha! Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!"
TomDread
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by TomDread »

dark Descender wrote: Steady now.
Who's this aimed at?
Ironlord
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Ironlord »

TomDread wrote: Who's this aimed at?
Naitch, presumably. Strangely enough, I imagined Dark Descender's comment narrated by the dog from the Churchill adverts.
TomDread
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by TomDread »

You think 1-5 life force was based on knight in 1-5 opening titles, Ironlord?
Last edited by TomDread on 22 Jul 2006, 07:26, edited 1 time in total.
Ironlord
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Ironlord »

It had never occurred to me before... but it would (possibly) have made sense if there was any way to use the same graphics.
TomDread
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by TomDread »

If they did, i think a great opening title sequence would be a similar knight riding to a castle/fortress and on the way his helmet disintegrates and his skin starts to peel of.
chrysalis
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by chrysalis »

The first lifeforce with the head was defenitly the best, interesting that they slowed it down in the latter part of its use. When watching nightmare as a kid I never noticed that the lifeforce was actually way too fast to be real time, but now watching the repeats it was noticeble quickly but I am watching season 6 which has a faster draining lifeforce animation.

My question is this tho, if the lifeforce wasnt relevant in scenes where there was no food and the team wasnt been rushed, does it have an affect if the teams lifeforce is damaged (not destroyed) by a monster or something?