Mystara's Secret Project: KMV/Ægis Quest

The online live-action fantasy RPG produced by Alan Boyd
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Mystara's Secret Project: KMV/Ægis Quest

Post by Mystara »

[UPDATE: 08/09/2009]: The project has now assumed its full title of "Ægis Quest" and is in the process of discarding the working title of "KMV". For historical reasons, I won't rename all the individual posts, but put one update here.

So over the last few months, I've been working on a new project (named KMV) as a potential replacement for the now rather defunct Knightmare RPG.

The project is now production-ready and almost totally completed. Except for requiring a little content :)

I'll hold off with all the details for a little while. But will leave you with a couple of screenshots:

DJones
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re:Mystara's Secret Project: KMV

Post by DJones »

ooooh, pretty.
Schrödinger's cat is dead; long live Schrödinger's cat
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Runs well too :)
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

I've tested it! And it does run well!
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

:D
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Will it have a Level Two? ;D

Seriously, no one could accuse you of not giving plenty back to the world of Knightmare. I look forward to learning more about KMV, and hope that we will all be in on the secret before long. Keep up the good work, as they say.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Blimey, that's not looking bad at all, very nice work indeed!

My only worry is that this would seem that the original RPG is now officially abandoned, which would be an extreme shame given five whole years of work amounting to absolutely nothing. But this looks pretty good indeed!
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

That does look very pleasant to the eyes.

In terms of the actual RPG itself, there is nothing 'official' about it's current status beyond that no work is currently being done for it (to the best of my knowledge, anyhow, unless someone is secretly working away at the footage). However, there is a little hope if a few things can be sorted out.

Anyhow, good luck with the project, Mystara.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Snowcat »

Perhaps I'm jumping the gun here but Mystara DID say that 'content' was needed...

We DO have at least 2 (Possibly 3) years of blue Screen RPG footage without a home right now. Maybe 1+1 = ? :)

Even though I haven't seen them move, the screenshots look extremely impressive. Please for more! ;D
There are but 2 rules in this realm:-
1) He who sees first is the winner...
2) He who is seen first is toast...
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

A level two could be added...for those not good enough to skip it out and jump directly to level 3! ;D

Unfortunaely, the old RPG footage isn't going to be particularly usable in this instance., sorry :(

As for making it move...soooon :)

EDIT: Weird, I've just noticed that the sad smiley is a skull. That makes me look so much more evil than infact I am.
Last edited by Mystara on 15 May 2007, 14:43, edited 1 time in total.
sozboz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by sozboz »

Sorry for being thick, but what is the nature of the curious thing called KMV?
Malice's loyal subject
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

The pic's easy on the eye, but I'd like to see a moving version of it before I make a judgement. It'd look more KM-like if the portals were darkened by the way.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

I think I'll allow you all to speculate amongst yourselves as to its nature...for now. I'll hopefully give more of an update in due course. I don't want to disappoint by showing anything that I'm not satisfied with!

HStorm - it's actually not a portal, so no worries :)

Incidentally, these screenshots are in compressed JPEG format. They look better here. Next screenshots will have a high and low res version :)
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

(Brief foray off topic coming up...)
BillyH wrote:My only worry is that this would seem that the original RPG is now officially abandoned, which would be an extreme shame given five whole years of work amounting to absolutely nothing.
Billy, I understand your disappointment, but if I may say so, it wasn't 'absolutely nothing' for those of us involved! Unfortunately, as I see it, the fruits of our labour can't really be shared with the wider Knightmare fan community without a very considerable amount of post-production work being done willingly by a sizeable team of volunteers. (And that's assuming that a decent portion of the community would then be interested.) It simply doesn't seem possible at the moment. I have my reasons for currently being unable to help, and others have their reasons. Nevertheless, I do feel apologetic about the matter.
mystara wrote:I've been working on a new project (named KMV) as a potential replacement for the now rather defunct Knightmare RPG.
If the outward lack of progress on the Knightmare RPG is part of what inspired KMV, fair enough. But other than that, I'm not sure that the status of one should be linked to the other. I concur with Kieran's opinion that the RPG is not officially defunct: to quote the creator of Knightmare - our ultimate inspiration - 'maybe it's just sleeping?'
Last edited by Drassil on 15 May 2007, 15:31, edited 1 time in total.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

I probably didn't phrase it so well :)

I rather meant that from the view of an outsider, it seems to be "missing presumed dead". That's not to say it's officially gone - just that it's hard to see it coming back.

I also probably shouldn't have implied there was any link between KMV and the lack of progress on the RPG. Rather that those interested in the RPG would be likely to find an interest in this and see it as some kind of potential "fix" for missing their beloved RPGness!