TAPE PIRACY

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Re:knightmare dvd

Post by Illusion »

The only thing we can do is report it. Often eBay close the auction before it ends. It's happens a lot.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Its money made easy, I couldn't buy anything with channel logos in the corners...
I'm wondering why people don't realise that.

Then again I'm thinking about the episodes upon YouTube. Doesn't that contraveine the rules a bit too?
(I'm trying not to ruin the fun BTW :))
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Yes, the YouTube episodes are illegal too, and people shouldn't really do it because it'll discourage TV channels from buying the broadcast rights. But at least the YouTube users don't charge money for them. It's piracy-profits that are the real evil.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

True and true, GaryGarrett is doing it for the good of Knightmare fans and not for the wealth.

People should rot for bypassing the rules of piracy. They could be sued for thousands can't they?
Mangamad
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Mangamad »

Fidjit wrote: True and true, GaryGarrett is doing it for the good of Knightmare fans and not for the wealth.
I agree. Thanks to Gary it brings back the memories of the game and give me ideas for my comics I've been doodling. XD
GOLDIAN HAMMER!!
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

He's uploaded the start of Series 3, cool... :D
Mangamad
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Mangamad »

Fidjit wrote: He's uploaded the start of Series 3, cool... :D
Yeah, I know! ;D
GOLDIAN HAMMER!!
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

If Tim Child were to get the DVDs he would become a very wealthier man won't he?

Look at the Red Dwarf DVDs... The amount of people seething in to buy and collect them!
VanZan
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re:TAPE PIRACY

Post by VanZan »

I can't believe the members of this forum who have nothing better to do than report eBayer sellers. What losers. Now I'm looking for Knightmare on DVD and can't find any items on eBay. If there was an official release I'd buy that but since there isn't I'm left with scouring the internet for copies with no luck on eBay.

Please find something to do with your lives rather than spoiling things for hard core fans who now have to go without. I'm very angry about this.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Sorry, VanZan, but I'm afraid that there were serious problems with the law over this matter around six or seven years ago, and since then it's become a no-go area. People nearly got into very serious trouble about profiteering from piracy, and those running websites about the series, many of whom had nothing to do with tape-trading, were among them. This is why we all tend to avoid the issue.

You mention an official release, but that's precisely what won't happen if pirate copies become abundant. This is why we tend to report the profiteers.

Sorry if this 'angers' you (whoever you are), but I suggest you take it up with Granada Media. If they say that they don't mind it, please let us know. If they don't say so, I for one will carry on reporting the eBay pirates.

Can I recommend you please read this...
http://www.knightmare.com/forum/http:// ... eadid=2098

... and also read the rest of this thread, as you aren't saying anything that hasn't been gone over many times before.
Last edited by HStorm on 01 Jan 2009, 18:03, edited 1 time in total.
VanZan
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by VanZan »

OK didn't know about any trouble a few years back. Looks like I'll just have to go without. Thanks Granada Media...or not :(
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Well, it's really the pirates who were charging a lot for copies of the tapes who are to blame. Like I say, we'll always report them, as they're not only making cash they ill-deserve, but they're also reducing the chances of an official release; if the market is flooded with pirate copies of the series, GM will assume there's no point in going to the expense of putting it out on DVD.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

My dates might be a little rusty. But I believe the Granada petition/response occured before Challenge? started showing Knightmare on TV.

Since there has been quite a provable upsurge in the interest in Knightmare since that time, I wonder whether it might be worth sending them some more letters encouraging them to reconsider a Knightmare DVD release.
chrysalis
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by chrysalis »

Personally I think enforcing copyright when there is no commercial legal version been sold anymore is petty, people here argue piracy will only lower the chance of proper dvd's been released but its a catch 22. Piracy of knightmare is thriving on the lack of a legal version.

If I see someone selling it on ebay I will turn a blind eye its as simple as that reporting it is very petty. If people are willing to pay £50 for one season then its the copyright holders fault for not taking advantage of that.
keeds
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by keeds »

To be quite honest, the argument is long over.

The chances of a commercial release of KM DVDs are zero, it would have happened by now. A few people buying illegitimate copies has not caused this.

Whilst watching, recording and buying knock-off copies is illegal, so is recording songs from the radio, downloading ROMs of old video games and being drunk in a public house (Who can say they haven't?)

The demand for a proper release of KM DVDs would have been suficient to justify a release (Kids programes such as Rainbow and the Dreamstone were released on DVD after all!) but it never has and never will happen.

Unfortunately...