Re:Interview with Rob from season 4 team 8

Questions for the cast and crew of Knightmare
Darren
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Interview with Rob from season 4 team 8

Post by Darren »

I've recently been able to contact Rob from season 4 team 8 (The last team in that season) and he's agreed that I can interview him! I've already got a few questions I could ask him, thanks to a few of the knightmare community. He is also going to contact others from the team to maybe contact me! This is a fantastic and rare oppotunity!

If anyone else would like to contribute some questions, please post your questions here and we can choose the best ones to ask him!
Last edited by Darren on 02 Nov 2005, 22:17, edited 1 time in total.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re:Interview with Rob from S4 Team 8

Post by Drassil »

Fantastic news. In my opinion, one of the best teams, and one of the best quests. There is potential for some particularly interesting answers. Great work, Darren - thank you! Please pass on our thanks to Rob and co as well.

I suppose the big, big question is about the infamous and controversial end-of-series scene. So the question could be something along the lines of: How did you feel about the way your quest was cut short in Level 3, in favour of Merlin sending you "home for Christmas" (a scene which many Knightmare fans look upon as farcical, insulting and unfair towards your team)?

Other question suggestions:

Which actors/characters did you most enjoy encountering during your time on Knightmare?

Once you'd appeared on Knightmare, did you find yourself comparing other quests to yours? e.g. having thoughts such as: 'That team was rather lucky!' or 'We were much better on the Corridor of Blades!'?

Knightmare fans sometimes enjoy speculating about what spells that were never cast would have done, had they been used. Your team had a TINY spell when the quest ended - what do you think it was intended for?

Was playing Knightmare more scary than watching it, or less scary?

What are your thoughts on Knightmare VR?
Last edited by Drassil on 05 Nov 2005, 18:09, edited 1 time in total.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

These are really good questions, Drassil - I thought of the Christmas one myself but couldn't think of how to word it! Will be good to hear Rob's answers :)
Last edited by Anonymous on 05 Nov 2005, 16:46, edited 1 time in total.
Darren
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Darren »

Well i've managed to ask him a fair few questions already and I have the answers, I have a fair few more to ask him, but I shall try and add these ones, so keep em coming!
Becxsmagic
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Becxsmagic »

I can't wait to see this interview, this is probably my favourite team in the series if not the show. ;D

Those are really good questions Drassil, I can't really think of any, but for sure we have to know the answer to the Christmas question! I'd also like to thank Darren and Rob for doing the interview.
Whereever you go, there you are
ross
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by ross »

I suppose the obvious question is about the Christmas. To be fair to Merlin though he was only doing his job, and as the show was showed the week before Christmas he was right to say what he did (although it was filmed in the summer, so I'm sure the boys would have got home for Christmas.)

What my question is relating to the Christmas post is what did the cast and Tim Child say to them about it (if anything.) Also did they get on well with the previous team before them.

Also tell them I enjoyed their quest, and thought they were a good team.
keeds
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by keeds »

One of the few quests I enjoyed watching in series 4, along with the winning quest and the first quest of the series. My question, if it is still possible to pose one, is what the team felt about the changes between series 3 and 4? It must have surely been a shock, as whilst they knew they would experience a unique quest, they experienced a quest completely changed to series 3.
ross
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by ross »

Some more questions I've thought of:

Are they still in contact with each other?

What was the reaction when they got back to school?
Darren
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Darren »

Thanks for all the questions everyone! Rob hasn't been in contact with me, so I am going to have to e-mail him and ask him, and hope he will answer all the questions asked

He already answered a few of them, but I want a complete interview with him before I post them all up here somewhere
frieza
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by frieza »

This isn't really a question, but if you speak to Rob again, could you tell him that I (and probably most of the knightmare community) think that he and his team did ****ing well on their quest. For a team to reach level 3 is one thing, but to successfully tackle the corridor of blades, the crumbling wall, the block and tackle and (attempt) the telepad trial all in one row is really excellent. It's one of Knightmare's biggest travesties that they couldn't win. They really deserved better!
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Please could you let us know the status of the interview, and share what you managed to find out? I'm really interested to learn how Rob's thoughts about the quest sit alongside Giles'.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

To my knowledge Darren currently doesn't have internet access, and doesn't know when he'll be back online.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
Darren
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Darren »

I am currently at the library reading this, i'm sorry it took so long for me to reply

When I last checked, I had not seen rob online for quite some time, I e-mailed him many times asking if he could finish the interview, I managed to get some answers from him for a couple of the questions, but they are on the computer at home.

So far this is on hold until I can get back online, and get him to contact me. If that doesnt work, then maybe I will have to re-think things

Sorry about that
37Herbie
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by 37Herbie »

If your still asking questions I'd like to know what their team thought about the Eye Shield as this was the first season it was used. Did they like the way it gave a transistion between different areas and elven paths or did they just want to exit one room and go straight into the next like previous seasons?
"Oh Dear, What a Pity, Never Mind"
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: Re:Interview with Rob from season 4 team 8

Post by Drassil »

If you still have Rob's answers stored somewhere, and are willing to share them, I expect they'd be very welcome. Come on, make an old fan happy. ;)