Knightmare Audio Series: Series 1

Knightmare inspired creations from the community.
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Knightmare Audio Series: Series 1

Post by GranitasIsCute »

Myself and Jake Collins have scripted our own series of Knightmare and got various people to record parts - it's basically a series of Knightmare portrayed through audio!
Episode 1 has already been uplooaded! The website for the project is http://knightmareaudioseries.webs.com/ - please have a listen and let us know what you think!
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Knightmare Audio Series

Post by HStorm »

The download link isn't working. You seem to have put in too many http://'s in the address.
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by GranitasIsCute »

Oops, sorry about that, I've corrected it now :)
GéZ
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by GéZ »

I'm on it! :D I'd love to do more episodes and voice different characters in the future, it was fun doing episode 1 :P I loved Jake's Treguard, and Rosey's Gretel was spot on, sounded so much like the real thing ;)
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by GranitasIsCute »

Excluding cast members, we've only had 2 downloads so far. I'm desperate to hear what you think, so if you've already listened to it please let me know either here or in the guestbook on the site, and if you haven't already listened to it, please give it a listen :)
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

It's not bad, although it works strictly as a parody only. If the audience tries to take it seriously while listening to it, they'll cringe.

I like Rosey's performances as Gretel and the advisor - especially the advisor's habit of prolonging the final syllablllllllllllllle. Not quite so sure about Jake's version of Treguard, he seems to be making him sound more like Derek Nimmo to me. The other advisors sound a bit like they're taking the p*ss.

Some work does need doing on the sound balance. The different mics being used are very obvious (this is ground we've been over a few times making the audio plays), there are a few moments of 'breathing-microphone', while some of the sound effects seem to cut off in the middle rather abruptly. And it would've helped if you'd added some vocal effects to Granitas' voice. A phasing echo at the very least.

A small legal point; this is certainly not the only fan-project guilty of this, and it's very unlikely that anything will come of it, but strictly speaking you are breaking the law by using the original KM theme. Ed Welch does still have exclusive copyright on the original recording.
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by GranitasIsCute »

I've added a mailing list to the site, and by adding your email address to it I can update you when new episodes have been uploaded.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

What a tremendously fun Knightmare tribute project this has turned out to be. Ross, you wrote and edited this with love and care, and acted with gusto. Rosey, you brought Gretel to life with just the right mix of naivety and annoying-ness, and plucked Katie right out of Sir John Lawes School, Harpenden in the late '90s - I really was taken back in time! GeZ, your dungeoneer would slot nicely into a real episode of Knightmare, and your horse impression is - simply and undeniably - brilliant! Greg, you made the perfect "stupid-advisor-the-other-two-hate" character - everything you did with your voice to bring George to life was excellent!

I really enjoyed scripting and recording my own modest contributions to this, but all the credit for getting the project off the ground (and thinking it up in the first place) should go to Ross "Raven's Eye" "Granitas Is Cute" Thompson, who is always full of great ideas to help us express our appreciation and love for Knightmare and Raven. Roll on the next episode - there's plenty more fun to come!
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by GranitasIsCute »

Episode 2 is now up at http://knightmareaudioseries.webs.com ! Feedback appreciated!
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

Well done again, everyone, we've produced another feast of audio fun! Special thanks to our two debutant cast members - Andy does an excellent job, really bringing the character of Josh to life, while Jacob's voice is an excellent one for a dungeoneer!
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by GranitasIsCute »

I'm happy to say that Episode 3 has now been released at http://knightmareaudioseries.webs.com
Please, please have a listen and feedback would be greatly appreciated because we didn't get any for Episode 2. Thanks :)
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

Technically (i.e. editorially) this is the best episode yet. Well done, everyone, for some truly grin-worthy performances. Even though I shouldn't really single out one actor for special praise, there can be no denying that Andy makes the whole thing rather better than it would be without him. Get in your lines for the next episode quickly, cast - I want more!
DarkComet
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DarkComet »

Just listened to episode 3. For some terrible reason, I started hearing Hansel as The League of Gentlemen's Herr Lip. Couldn't unhear. I am a horrible, horrible human being. ;)

Fun performances and excellent writing, definitely an increasing level of quality present, although I'm surprised by the use of .wma as the type of audio file you've gone for. You'd get a better audio quality out of .mp3 or .wav, it's well worth the extra megs in download.
The Dunshelm Players
Audios plays and commentaries with a Knightmare flavour

The neighing and braying of farmyard animals follows
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

Thank you, Andy, for your comments as well as your work on the series. :)
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by GranitasIsCute »

Episode 4 has now been released at http://knightmareaudioseries.webs.com - any feedback is greatly appreciated!