Knightmare isn't that good

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Knightmare isn't that good

Post by HStorm »

Any particular reason?
DarkComet
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DarkComet »

Mmm, topic necrophelia, my second favourite flavour of necrophelia!
The Dunshelm Players
Audios plays and commentaries with a Knightmare flavour

The neighing and braying of farmyard animals follows
Rich
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Rich »

OP = Fail.

Trolling has never been, and never will be, cool.
DarkComet
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DarkComet »

Trolling is a art.

Also:

The Dunshelm Players

Rich
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Rich »

Above, you FAIL so hard it's not even funny.

Now kindly GTFO, STFU and generally sod off.
KaM
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by KaM »

Rich wrote:Above, you FAIL so hard it's not even funny.

Now kindly GTFO, STFU and generally sod off.
Chill. Please appreciate that you may not have been around here long enough to appreciate various members' variety of humour.

I’m not sure why this was thread was revived, but perhaps it serves a purpose. This is like the forum equivalent of a praeiunctio, and it is an embarrassment. Our original poster flavours an opinion in a more negative way (whilst still conceding that Knightmare was good in 1994), and all manner of vitriol breaks loose. It's still not put to bed either. This has to stand as testimony to the scattered weight of opinion, and to the maturity we should show in the face of it.

Sorry for repeating the point from elsewhere, but KM has c. 10,000 across the various Facebook groups. The percentage of these fans actively involved in the community or having declared interest in the episodes being released officially is very low. Hence, it is actually quite realistic that many fans feel this way. They watched KM; they enjoyed it at the time; they are not cult-fanatical; and perhaps believe that it does not belong in this age. How could we not assume that opinions like that are the majority? It does not serve any purpose well to alienate that. To not expand this community is surely to lose the goals that the rest of us still have in mind.

Tolerance, friends. Anyone with me here?
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

It's become difficult to tell who's responding to whom here! Andy/Dark Comet's posts can be highly esoteric, but I think he knows that. ;D We can only hope that one day they will come with footnotes, but until then, it's safe to assume that all his forum activity, and indeed KM community activity, is benign, and we'd be poorer without it.

Over the years, our forum has seen many unpleasant incidents of trolling. The chap who started this thread seemed to do so to provoke other users in a negative way. He is the same guy who posted solutions to Ali Everett's KM adventures, twice, against Ali's wishes. And yet he also made several civilised posts under the name Adzee, and was evidently a genuine fan. He clearly had an unusual take on forum and community membership, and I'd recommend not paying too much attention to anything he has said, or may say in some dystopian future. As Dan said earlier in this thread, 'do not feed the troll': this one or any other.

Having said that, the identification of trolling can be subjective, and there've been too many shameful 'villagers with pitchforks' incidents of users taking standpoints that are not so much troublemaking as controversial, but being aggressively pilloried for doing so. Here's one example that particularly bothered me at the time. I agree with Keith (if I've interpreted him correctly) that contrasting viewpoints and approaches can be good for the forum and for the community, if handled properly.

To renew a request that the old boss Illusion made more than once: should any user feel that another user is out of order, please report your concerns to the Moderators, rather than taking matters into your own hands. Phrases like 'GTFO, STFU and generally sod off' are not the right path.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

My sentiments lie with KaM.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility that the original poster was trolling. But they did express an valid, albeit unpopular opinion regarding Knightmare. Unless they did so offensively, or unless they were deliberately trying to stir up trouble, their viewpoints are valid and I certainly wouldn't tolerate any kind of viciousness towards such visitors.
DarkComet
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DarkComet »

Drassil wrote:Andy/Dark Comet's posts can be highly esoteric, but I think he knows that. ;D We can only hope that one day they will come with footnotes.
Best not, chief. Such sources would be from people who conduct strange, hedonsitic rituals involving apples and see the number 23 in everything.

Including the previous sentence. Be honest, you counted, didn't you? And look, you were right. What does it mean? Look into it. You'll catch on to some pretty mindblowing truths.
The Dunshelm Players

Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Well, been away for a long time and a topic gets bumped, an argument occurs and its not even started by me. Knightmare wasn't that good? You're in the wrong place aren't you? This whole place is about likers of Knightmare ???
DarkComet
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DarkComet »

Methinks the OP has long since fled. Either that or he's witnessing the trouble that he's started on the double in his fancy leather chair whilst he strokes his manly stubble.
The Dunshelm Players

Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Dark Comet wrote:Methinks the OP has long since fled. Either that or he's witnessing the trouble that he's started on the double in his fancy leather chair whilst he strokes his manly stubble.
Or bumfluff :D Makes you wonder why people sign up here, just to start a row and then run away. What cowardice! And WHAT a waste of time ::)
DarkComet
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DarkComet »

Well, we ARE still posting in this thread. Still, I can understand why. It's like sneaking up to a sleeping Jason Vorhees and gently prodding his scrotum with a kebab knife - everyone knows full well they shouldn't and Bad Times Will Follow Shortly as a result, but when presented with the opportunity you JUST CAN'T STOP YOURSELF
The Dunshelm Players

Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

We don't know why the original poster made his (or her) post. It could have easily spawned a patient debate, but in the event it aggravated other members, and they showed it. After all, it was the responses that Illusion felt he had to delete, not the original post.

We don't know why he stopped posting (under this particular alias). Forum users do so for all sorts of reasons, and cowardice is a strong accusation. When his Grandmaster Pickle posts stopped, he immediately returned as (DJ)Adzee and interacted, for the most part, in a less inflammatory way.

And as for 'bumfluff :D': that seems a bit unnecessary. You're better than that, Glenn. :) And wittier.

I wonder if I'm alone in thinking that this thread may be getting a little out of hand. Its revival may have given us one of history's few reassuring spelling mistakes, but that aside, I'm not sure it's worth feeding, in seriousness or in jest, when there are so many more deserving topics around.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Drassil wrote: I wonder if I'm alone in thinking that this thread may be getting a little out of hand. Its revival may have given us one of history's few reassuring spelling mistakes, but that aside, I'm not sure it's worth feeding, in seriousness or in jest, when there are so many more deserving topics around.
I think I've come to the same conclusion. Should such a thread be started again in the future, I would expect people to respond with respect, even if the original poster presents a contentious viewpoint.

If you think someone is trolling, alert a moderator.

Thread locked.