Site updates

Announcements regarding the Knightmare community and website.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Site updates

Post by Mystara »

AFAIK, nothing has changed with respect to IKM links
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

Well, maybe that's true, but as knightmaredave just pointed out to me, there isn't a link to IKM anywhere other than the links page!
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

I'll add it to the list.
DarkComet
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DarkComet »

/logs into forum after months of oriental exile

/prepares long winded tribute to everyone involved in shiny shininess

/notices above outstanding issues and assorted frustrations

/decides to keep schtum until more appropriate time to dispense jammie dodgers and Winterfell Harlots
The Dunshelm Players
Audios plays and commentaries with a Knightmare flavour

The neighing and braying of farmyard animals follows
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

What hurts the most is that nobody has commented on the little helmets of justice in the forums list.

They took 5 hours to make :(
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Mystara wrote:What hurts the most is that nobody has commented on the little helmets of justice in the forums list.

They are definitely the best thing about the new-look forum. (I also like the 'post a reply' box not being annoyingly glitchy any more.)
DarkComet
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DarkComet »

Mystara wrote:What hurts the most is that nobody has commented on the little helmets of justice in the forums list.

Don't worry sir, I've already made a booking with Roz in honour of said shiny decoration.

YES I'VE DISCOVERED GAME OF THRONES AND IT IS AWESOME DON'T JUDGE ME
The Dunshelm Players
Audios plays and commentaries with a Knightmare flavour

The neighing and braying of farmyard animals follows
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

Hey...I love the new look to the site and forum :) Sorry to hear about the slight problems you've been having with it in here though - typical internet!
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Julia wrote:typical internet!
Now there's a phrase to ponder. ;)

A small problem I've encountered: none of the checkboxes seems to be working. Those that are ticked by default can't be unticked, and vice versa.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Drassil wrote:A small problem I've encountered: none of the checkboxes seems to be working. Those that are ticked by default can't be unticked, and vice versa.
If you mean the checkboxes under the 'Post a reply' box, I too noticed that they don't appear to work when you click on them, but in fact they do. Try enabling/disabling smilies and you can see in the preview that it works. Slightly weird/annoying, but at least you can still use those options.

Any ideas on how to get round the character limit problem, Alan? I find myself having to look up ancient archived versions of the website because so much is missing from the current one. :/
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

It looks like something relating to the problem has been fixed in the developer's version of the code.

However, I need to wait for them to release an update. They haven't had one for quite a while, so hopefully it will be soon.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: Cut-off category pages

Post by Drassil »

Mystara wrote:Oh dear.

It looks like the newer version of Joomla now limits the size of a category description to 5120 characters.

It's not clear whether the developers have any intention of changing this or not.

And of course, Joomla doesn't warn you if you've exceeded the character limit and no mention of this limit is made within the upgrade process <sigh>.

I'll need to see if I can find some answers
It would appear that the character limits that caused cut-off category pages are no longer in force, meaning that content can be readded as the Webmaster and Publisher see fit. :) The Series 5 and Series 8 category pages seem to be the ones in most urgent need, having lost significant quantities of both text and images.
On 19/12/12, I wrote:We can surely expect a surge in visitors (some from the media) to Knightmare.com over the next few weeks, and we want it to represent Knightmare and the fandom as well as possible. The coincidence of anniversaries, plus the cinematic return of Knightmare's godfather Tolkien to the limelight, makes this a very special Knightmare flag-waving opportunity that may never come again. If ever there were a time to get Knightmare.com looking its best, I would suggest that that time is now.