Ooh nasty, another introduction

New members are very welcome to introduce themselves here.
EvelynMason
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Ooh nasty, another introduction

Post by EvelynMason »

I wish we could of had these things when the series was actually on 20 years ago, discussions forums for the series I mean

Former watcher of the series, read some of the books, sad it's no longer on TV, I used to get home as quick as I could to see the original broadcasts back in the day, they were great entertainment even for young adults, not just children

It used to be on Challenge TV a few years ago I remember, but could not get the channel at the time, have to make do with Youtube things now more often than not

Even if they made another series, it could never be like it used to on TV 25 years ago, Hugo Myatt IS Treguard of Dunshelm, nobody could ever replace him

I really hope they put it back on cable TV like years ago, and I could find time to watch it again, I never missed an episode when it was on originally if I could help it

Does anyone know where I can get some more of the books they made about the series, I've only read The Labyrinths Of Fear all the way through and bits of the second, they don't have them available in the library and would like to get some more copies to read when able

I've never used a Knightmare forum before. As said, this would of been great 20 years ago at the time if we could of had them when the series was still on

Looking forward to some discussions and all
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Ooh nasty, another introduction

Post by HStorm »

Welcome aboard.

The books often pop up for sale second-hand on eBay and Amazon Marketplace. Keep looking and sooner or later you'll get an opportunity.

The Labyrinths Of Fear actually is the second book. The first was sub-titled Can You Beat The Challenge? The third was Fortress Of Assassins, and the fourth was The Sorcerer's Isle.

There are also the Yearling titles to look out for; The Forbidden Gate, The Dragon's Lair and Lord Fear's Domain. They're very much aimed at younger readers though.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Welcome to the forum Evelyn!

I too would recommend Amazon Marketplace for the books, I got them all last year for about a penny each, and there were plenty of copies available. :)
shadow6162
Knight
Knight

Post by shadow6162 »

Welcome to the forums! :D

I just bought The Forbidden Gate the other day on eBay but Amazon does sell some other books at good prices.
Many years ago I wrote fanfictions. Now I attempt to write sanely.
EvelynMason
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by EvelynMason »

Said I only have one post although adamant I did two submissions on my first visit, one has vanished somewhere 8-o

I'm not really one for online book things, I'd much rather go into a dependable retail establishment and purchase one from there, I'm sure there are copies out there, without need for Amazon and E Bay and things, but may have to visit if the need arises

I was also amazed at the depth of the forum, there was like dozens of areas and hundreds of categories, I wasn't really expecting that, It's not something people would expect from a Kinghtmare forum if you understand, it was a bit of a surprise at first, going to take some time to navigate around all the different areas :-/ There was so much more on offer than I really anticipated, going to take some time to find my way around the pages etc. So much more to this than I expected
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Well, the books are all out of print these days so you'd have to try your luck with second-hand shops, I think.

Yep, the amount of stuff on the website and forum is quite overwhelming at first, but in a good way - there is loads to explore and enjoy! (Unfortunately there are some technical issues at the moment with broken links and incomplete pages, but that will hopefully be fixed in the not-too-distant future.)
darkDescender
Knight
Knight

Post by darkDescender »

Yes, hello and welcome. I am dark Descender, romanticist, femenist and I'ma firin' mah lazor.

But yeah, charity shops and car boot sales are your best bet.

Enjoy yourself.