Timebusters

Other shows or games that remind you of Knightmare but aren't official derivatives.
itsmyyard
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Timebusters

Post by itsmyyard »

Seeing as this was done by Tim Child as well, I was wondering if there is any clips anywhere of it, because ive been looking everywhere for years and still havnt found a single thing. I used to love it as a kid (as with knightmare), and while it wasnt as popular as its counterpart, there must be some footage of it still somewhere on the interwebs?

Oh and im not a newbie persay, I just cant remember what my old username was, but was on here a long time ago.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Time busters

Post by Canadanne »

I wish Challenge would show TimeBusters like they did with Knightmare. Has it ever been suggested to them? Is there any reason why they couldn't show it?
besbvesdy

Re: Time busters

Post by besbvesdy »

someone must know where there are some episodes available to view, surely?
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: Timebusters

Post by Drassil »

It may only comprise a few seconds of 'coming up' continuity and fleeting glimpses of the intro and the closing credits, but at long last there is {some audiovisual record of Timebusters online} (05:04, 09:46).
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Wow, I don't remember all that CGI stuff in TimeBusters - though I guess I shouldn't be surprised!

The Moomins, Bitsa and Prince Valiant all bring back memories for me. :)

LOL at Chris Jarvis reading out the email address - "Childrens at-sign BBC stop Co stop UK"!
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Cheers Drassil! Used to like this, obviously not as much as Knightmare of course! Would be good to see this on Challenge but sadly can't see that happening.
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

Nice find. I was one of the unlucky ones - I never actually saw Timebusters. I'd like to see it now though!

Have taken a screencap just so we have a memory if the video gets removed (although that's not very likely).

Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Rhea
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Rhea »

Not sure what protocol is on "bumping" threads, but I was wondering if anyone ever found more clips? I searched through all my old VHS tapes, but unfortunately nothing :(
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

I found someone who promised to upload an episode... and then his account got terminated before he could do so. :(
fivegoldstars
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by fivegoldstars »

Is anybody still interested in this?
I was in an episode on season one and still have the video/still pictures/letters from Broadsword etc.
Official Timebuster
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Welcome to the forum, fivegoldstars. There's so little about TimeBusters online and some of us completely missed it at the time. It would be very interesting to find out more out your experience and to see whatever material you can supply.
fivegoldstars
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by fivegoldstars »

Ok. The video is in the loft and will need digitising, so that won't be straight away.
I can upload photos/letters/production notes - is there a way to do this directly on the site rather than using imagrhosting?
Official Timebuster
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

fivegoldstars wrote:Is anybody still interested in this?
I was in an episode on season one and still have the video/still pictures/letters from Broadsword etc.
I am massively interested! My memories of the show are very hazy and I don't think I recognised any of the Knightmare actors who were in it, so I'd love to see it again or at least hear some more details.
TheOldenDays
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by TheOldenDays »

I've been desperate to see a full episode for more than 20 years, so I am definitely interested. ;D
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Hello, fivegoldstars. I too am interested in any Timebusters material that you would be willing to share with us.

I remember seeing both Mark Knight and David Learner making appearances in the show when it was on back in the day. Michael Cule was on it too and in my KM 25th Anniversary Documentary he mentioned that he even wrote one of the episodes for Timebusters as well.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary