Challenge secures rights to Fun House... and Knightmare?

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Knightmare Possibly coming back to Challenge

Post by Mystara »

I don't think Challenge would. As long as people think there's a possibility of something being shown, Challenge will keep getting attention. I've never heard of Challenge admitting to being unable to secure a TV show - and I'm sure it's happened before now.

I'm just treating the whole situation with "I'll believe it when I see it".
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Mystara wrote:Well, it might be Knightmare.
But we know they're trying to acquire several children's TV shows at the moment. It could be any of them - although Knightmare makes the most sense.
So, what are these other children's shows they are trying to acquire? I haven't seen them mention any except Knightmare.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

No idea.

Challenge are constantly acquiring new shows. Being gameshows, many of them are aimed at children. If you have a look at their facebook page, you'll see what shows they've purchased recently.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Oh right. You said "we know" so I thought you had heard something beyond the various updates posted in this thread. I look at their Facebook and Twitter quite frequently so I'm pretty sure they haven't dropped the Knightmare plan in favour of something else. They usually respond quite openly to questions about which shows they are and aren't attempting to acquire.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Just to also put all of this into perspective...

It's been almost a year since Challenge said they were trying to acquire the rights to Knightmare. That gives me the distinct impression that someone is dragging their feet.
It's been almost two months since Challenge acquired the rights to Fun House, and stated that they intended to pair it with Knightmare.

The rights to Fun House only last a limited period of time, and that time is ticking away. At a certain point, they'll *have* to pair Fun House up with something. If Knightmare is taking longer to acquire than they originally thought, there's every chance that they've changed their plans about what to pair Fun House with, in order to allow them to show it more quickly.

Do I think Challenge would announce a change to their plans? No, for the simple reason that as long as we think that Challenge are going to show Knightmare imminently, we're paying attention to them. If Challenge were ever to report that the deal has fallen through, we'll go away and stop paying attention to them.

So I remain of the opinion that it could be true and they could be right on the verge of acquiring Knightmare and pairing it with Fun House. But I don't see anything more definitive than I did 12 months ago when they were saying exactly the same thing.
Melusina
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Melusina »

Funhouse is something I would rather forget...that mullet! 8-o ...

Is Challenge available on Freeview?
"It'll look good in Ruislip"
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Melusina wrote:Is Challenge available on Freeview?
Yes, channel 46!
Melusina
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Melusina »

Canadanne wrote:
Melusina wrote:Is Challenge available on Freeview?
Yes, channel 46!
Thanks!
(Sorry, just gone back through this topic and noticed it's already been mentioned :-[ )
I see The Crystal Maze is on Challenge at the moment... :green:
"It'll look good in Ruislip"
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

*Now* it sounds like they've given up on Knightmare. :( Fun House start date has been announced, with no word of pairing it up with anything. They do say on Facebook that they are "Still waiting on Knightmare", but they obviously no longer believe a deal is imminent.
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

At least they are still trying to acquire Knightmare. Gotta keep our fingers crossed. I guess they had to announce a date to show Funhouse as they only have the rights for so long. I still feel they will do a deal sooner or later.
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
EvelynMason
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by EvelynMason »

Why is it they can put on rubbish such as Wheel of Fortune or Play your cards right, and Knightmare never gets a screening ? >:(

Going for Gold is back on now, and while not a bad show, they could of put us on instead, as I really want to see the show back on TV again, but it seems Knightmare won't be featured again, any time soon. It really is a pity. Maybe they think no-one would watch ? I don't know, but it really should of been put back again before now. Losing hope for a return maybe. :'(

I would love to see some hour long broadcasts and double bill showings, but it seems they can't even fit in the show anymore in any capacity. Maybe I'm just frustrated that they won't, or can't, show it again.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

I don't think it's a lack of enthusiasm on Challenge's part (they were awfully keen on having a children's hour of Fun House & Knightmare); they just seem to be having trouble acquiring the rights. Whether it's a money issue or something else, we can only guess.
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

I don't think Challenge have given up on acquiring Knightmare, i don't know what stumbling blocks there is but they haven't said they have given up on it. I know how popular it was when it got shown first time around on Challenge TV, and I think there still is an audience for it now.
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
SpectralScorpion
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by SpectralScorpion »

The demand is definitely there given the poll result amongst other things, and I'm pretty sure Challenge will have picked up on that. I doubt they've given up on it, I just hope a breakthrough comes before their interest wanes.
SpectralScorpion (n) - One who is forever condemned to eat his words by his own brash arrogance. XD