Series 1 - Episode 2

Fishsta
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re:Series 1 Episode 2

Post by Fishsta »

Weird... I've just been watching that episode, too...

Looked like Mave's team could have done really well, they were quite intelligent... apart from the taking ONE object... D'oh!
keke
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by keke »

i dunno if they were even informed. not like treguard told them even once to take 2. they took the soap and he went "QUICK BEFORE ANOTHER WALL MONSTER APPEARS"???. mave moved quicker than most which was nice as when they're like "MOVE FORWARD" and they take a whole step its soo annoying
Last edited by keke on 06 May 2005, 22:11, edited 1 time in total.
Knightmare game completion:
Level 1: 100%
Level 2: 8%
Level 3: 1%
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by knightmaredave »

This team did not surprise me the siulliness of them, fair enough knightma
re was a new concept then butnthey should have followed treguards advice and also read the ule book mre carefully, if youre allowed to take 2 objects surely you would???
Oh well they were from my hom town so , well their intelligence didnt surprise me (sarcastic tone there lol)
knightmaredave
HobGoblin
Staff
Staff

Re: Series 1 - Episode 2

Post by HobGoblin »

Some thoughts (aided by a few JD & cokes):

Team 2: there has been some discussion about whether Treguard hurried them out of the clue room, therefore the taking of only one item. I think they'd already decided to just take the soap when Treguard gave his wall monster spiel but he certainly didn't help. A latter day Treguard would surely have pointed out that they could take two items.

Also, they gave me a lol: "I can see the table" (guide dungeoneer to table in convoluted manner).

Team 3: glad the whole remembering symbols nonsense has been sorted - you use what you take!

Now, with the level 1 clue room appearing for the third time in two episodes, the show is becoming dangerously repetitive. If I was the producer, I'd be pretty desperate for team 3 to make it to level 2, lest ratings fall off and KM go down as an interesting failed experiment...

Was the future of KM in the hands of 4 lads from Yorkshire?
Extreme warning team, a Hobgoblin in the level!
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

I've only just noticed that when Maeve arrives in the clue room, her advisor describes it as "a green room with a table". Eh?? Were they accidentally shown the studio without the background image? (Even if they were, wouldn't it be blue rather than green?) Most odd!
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

HobGoblin wrote:Some thoughts (aided by a few JD & cokes):

Team 2: there has been some discussion about whether Treguard hurried them out of the clue room, therefore the taking of only one item. I think they'd already decided to just take the soap when Treguard gave his wall monster spiel but he certainly didn't help. A latter day Treguard would surely have pointed out that they could take two items.

Also, they gave me a lol: "I can see the table" (guide dungeoneer to table in convoluted manner).

Team 3: glad the whole remembering symbols nonsense has been sorted - you use what you take!

Now, with the level 1 clue room appearing for the third time in two episodes, the show is becoming dangerously repetitive. If I was the producer, I'd be pretty desperate for team 3 to make it to level 2, lest ratings fall off and KM go down as an interesting failed experiment...

Was the future of KM in the hands of 4 lads from Yorkshire?
I understand what your saying. I thought is was a bit harsh Treguard not mentioning you can take 2 objects. It was still early days though and I guess the producers were still getting to grip with things. Plus Treguard was portrayed as a menacing character to begin with.
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

But team 1 almost left without taking an item and were told they must take something. Maybe team 2 didn't read the rule book.

There's that symbol again, and this time they were clued to take it.

Also, that snake was pathetic lol.

Bomb rooms seem quite frequent also.

If you can see the table then tell him to walk over to it, not guild him around the room like a robot.

Ah Season 1, frustrating, slow but clearly proves the show has load of potential but still needs work. Good job they did stick with it.
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

I do like Treguard's speeches in this episode, and the way Hugo Myatt delivers them with such relish, particularly the remark about trouble with the cleaners. He must have had to take on housekeeping (or keepkeeping?) duties himself; because in Series 3, Mogdred calls him a cleaner of cells. ;)

It should be clear by now that the Knightmare Dungeon is no typical prison. It's not so much a case of "don't drop the soap" as "don't get dropped into a chasm with the soap".

It's been said in earlier posts that sidestepping was pioneered in Quest 4 of this series. But it turns out that the first step sideways was in this episode, in Quest 3 (during the exiting of the Giant's chamber). Direction: to the left. Dungeoneer's name: Simon.
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Challenge +1 ratings for the week this ep aired:

1 TNA IMPACT (SUN 2200) 35
2 KNIGHTMARE (SUN 2030) 27
3 POINTLESS (MON 2000) 26
4 BRAINIAC: SCIENCE ABUSE (THU 1800) 25
5 PRICE IS RIGHT (SUN 1901) 25
6 FUN HOUSE (SUN 2001) 24
7 CLASSIC WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE S1 (FRI 2200 22
8 TOTAL WIPEOUT USA (THU 1900) 21
9 TAKESHIS CASTLE (THU 1730) 21
10 POINTLESS (THU 2000) 20

That's the highest ranking Knightmare's ever been in the ratings in Challenge TV's history, beating the 6th place it got in October 2003. Think it's safe to say we'll be seeing these repeats for a while :D
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Porsmond wrote:The Death - It was an unfortunuate death, but they only had themselves to blame. First They were told they could pick up 2 items when they started the quest, and also one of the girls was clearly heard saying

" I'm sure that relates to picking up the comb, so shall we pick up the comb"

How sad when they quickly ditched that idea, and picked up the soap, but if they picked up the comb as well, they would have survived. Also trying to think what the soap would be used for, but it could be used in the serpants stomach to escape?????
Reading the quest plan in David Rowe's book, I get the impression there was more than one possible solution in Maeve's quest. There's a note stating that Lillith wants the comb, but "gold may work". (Granitas hints that they should take the soap and the comb, telling them Lillith "values her appearance more than base metal".) If Maeve had given Lillith the comb, she would have been rewarded with the YUCK spell to escape from the monster's stomach. I would guess that if they took the gold instead of the comb, Lillith would have accepted this instead, but wouldn't have given them the spell. In that case they could still use the soap to escape from the stomach. (If I'm interpreting it correctly, this implies that Maeve couldn't possibly have made a fatal choice of clue objects... except by foolishly taking only one!!)

After the stomach, they would have met Folly in the wellway room and solved his riddle to reveal the hidden wellway, as we eventually saw in Richard's quest.
Morghanna
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Morghanna »

A very strange blunder from Team 2.
They seemed clever enough at the riddles, but obviously weren't as clever at reading/understanding the adventurer's code. They got a perfect score, but why did they ruin it by only taking one item? One advisor actually said that they should take the soap & comb....
A great example of what happens when Lillith is displeased: "So boulders crack and that ledge crumble!" 8-o
Team 3 made a steady start tho, also with a perfect score.
So Treguard couldn't distinguish between Granitas & Olgarth. At least it wasn't only me that couldn't! ;D
"I think it's about time you got wise to the ways of real magic. The kind that is borne on the dark side." >:D