Series 1 - Episode 6

Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Series 1 - Episode 6

Post by Malefact »

I love how the fire was used like that. A very effective device, imo.
Subject to change.
beamrider2600
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by beamrider2600 »

Good episode, probably the most enjoyable so far this series - nice to see them trying new stuff.
..........................lets go ride some BEAMS!!
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Tom41 wrote: Also encounter the Giant "Fee Fie Foe Fum, I smell the blood of a... stumblebum!" What's a stumblebum? ;)
A blunderer. The Giant could not have truthfully said that he smelt the blood of an Englishman, on account of the dungeoneer being from Wales and being a girl. ;)
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Series 1 - Episode 6

Post by Canadanne »

In the room where the bridge comes down, does anyone else find that "DUN DUN DAAHHHH!" fanfare ridiculously inappropriate? Most of the sound effects in Knightmare are really well chosen, but that one is just so random and OTT! Surely something else would have worked better - maybe a creaking or whooshing sound as it moved into place?
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

It's never bothered me, particularly.
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

Bomb room death was one of the all time best... really looked looked like the blew up.. lol Follys riddle could be anymore obvious.

But the other team got a really raw deal, killed off for only getting two questions right? When other teams get a pass? And a locked door in the bomb room was a nice touch.. I wonder had they not picked up the key if the same room would have been giving? Really thought they were giving a tough time, unless HAD they guessed the correct room they would be let off.

Why on earth they keep going left I don't know, everyone knows you keep right unless told otherwise.

Great to see the scorpion, better than the dodgy looking snake they had been using.
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
HobGoblin
Staff
Staff

Post by HobGoblin »

Yes, nice to see a Welsh team but I think their death was v harsh. I know they should have followed the code in the absence of clues but still, after last week's level two walkthrough it seemed a tad unfair. Throw in an extra obstacle for going left, sure, but don't end the quest.

Smacks of the producers intentionally mixing things up. Perhaps they were deemed not good television. I did like they way they tried to race past the giant before anyone had a chance to say 'script'!

I wonder if they would have found the exact same room via the right hand door, but with the spell working?
Extreme warning team, a Hobgoblin in the level!
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

My fav episode of series 1! 2 deaths's as well! Correct me if I'm wrong but is this the only episode in the whole 8 series of Knightmare that 2 teams die?

Yes the 2nd team's death might have been the harshest of all the series. In series 2 Neil's team only get 1 riddle right yet they reach level 2. A little bit unfair!

The sound when the 3rd team have to cross the bridge is so epic and rousing!
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

Probs due to time, isn't next weeks the last of series 1? Be silly to start a new quest if they died during that episode. And the final team were giving that new opening room as a 'time killer' no way they would die but would certainly waste time trying to solve it.

Sorry if I posed this twice, my first attempt didn't appear to work.
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

There are 2 episodes left. There are 8 in series 1.
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

This thread kicked off after Challenge showed Series 1 Episode 6 on 14th June 2004; and here we are, having watched it on Challenge exactly 9 years later. :)
Purgatory wrote:Folly's riddle wasn't all clear..as already said the depends which way you face.
Before Folly departed, he advised Danny, "Don't follow me, follow your nose", making it clear which perspective was correct. Danny's nose was even pointed towards the right door at the time, which makes the eventual choice even more unfortunate.
HobGoblin wrote:Nice to see a Welsh team
Even nicer to hear one, and I'd have liked them to have got (or been allowed to get) to Level 2. In the event, we had a Welsh team who fatally went left and whose lack of Welsh wizardry was bemoaned after dismissal: who says that lightning never strikes twice? (Apart from Huey Lewis and the News.)

This episode is the only time I've noticed human eyes behind the wall monster mask.
pjmlfc05 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but is this the only episode in the whole 8 series of Knightmare that 2 teams die?
Already confirmed by Malefact earlier in the thread. :) This was also one of only two mid-series episodes (i.e. not Episode 1) to contain an entire quest. The other one is coming up in Series 2.
Billy wrote:Something I've just noticed is that the room in which Team 5 died in is the same room in which Team 6 started- they just changed the lighting and added the symbol, drawbridge and gap.
And the same room in which we saw Team 4 at the beginning of the episode.
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

Drassil wrote:This thread kicked off after Challenge showed Series 1 Episode 6 on 14th June 2004; and here we are, having watched it on Challenge exactly 9 years later. :)
Purgatory wrote:Folly's riddle wasn't all clear..as already said the depends which way you face.
Before Folly departed, he advised Danny, "Don't follow me, follow your nose", making it clear which perspective was correct. Danny's nose was even pointed towards the right door at the time, which makes the eventual choice even more unfortunate.
hahhaha, that's one of my old accounts. Nothings really changed much in those 9 years.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

wombstar wrote:
Drassil wrote:This thread kicked off after Challenge showed Series 1 Episode 6 on 14th June 2004; and here we are, having watched it on Challenge exactly 9 years later. :)
hahhaha, that's one of my old accounts. Nothings really changed much in those 9 years.
So, wombstar, you posted as Purgatory? In that case, welcome back and may we direct your attention to the third Forum Rule?
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Episode 6 was the 10th most watched programme on Challenge that week, with an audience of 118,000. :)

1 CLASSIC WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE S1 (MON 2100) 178,000
2 TNA IMPACT (SUN 2102) 171,000
3 CLASSIC WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE S1 (WED 2102) 164,000
4 CLASSIC WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE S1 (FRI 2101) 145,000
5 CLASSIC WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE S1 (TUE 2103) 142,000
6 FAMILY FORTUNES (TUE 2000) 130,000
7 BULLSEYE (SAT 2120) 129,000
8 BULLSEYE (WED 2201) 123,000
9 FAMILY FORTUNES (TUE 2031) 119,000
10 KNIGHTMARE (FRI 2230) 118,000
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer