props

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

props

Post by wombstar »

I wonder what happened to the props made for the show?
No doubt some lucky bugger has an eye shield stuffed in a box. lol
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: props

Post by HStorm »

The Helmets of Justice from the series were used for filming several seasons of the RPG, although the seasons in question look unlikely ever to be released.
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

Nice, id love to get my hands on an original prop.
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

I've seen more than one tweet from Stuart Ashen referring to the original Helmet of Justice as lost. It isn't: Tim Child himself entrusted it and other props to a member of the Knightmare.com community who tweeted photos of them as recently as 7 months ago and presumably still has them safe and sound. I could understand if the Geek Week Knightmare crew had consciously opted for Knightmare Live's adult-sized helm over the original child-sized one, but it really troubles me to think that Tim Child may have written off the original helmet, his helmet, as missing.
haymansafc
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by haymansafc »

It’s good to know that the old props are still around. I’d hate to think of them as simply heading for a skip after the show ended…

As I mentioned when giving my own review of the YouTube Geek Week episode, I noticed what I think was an old prop that Motley used to use.

Did anyone else notice Sylvester carrying that red and yellow jester’s head on a stick…? It even had a look of being slightly dulled/dirtied with age, too. Obviously I’ll stand corrected if I’m wrong but it looked very familiar to me.
fluttermoth
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by fluttermoth »

I don't think it is the same prop; Motley's had a bell(?) on top of it's head, whereas this one has a cloth spike/horn headdress thing.
Debz_g
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Debz_g »

I thought it was Motley's as well! I need to watch the new episode again, and some Motley episodes to compare. Life is such a chore...!! ;)
Gundrada
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Gundrada »

haymansafc wrote: Did anyone else notice Sylvester carrying that red and yellow jester’s head on a stick…?
You mean a marotte/folderal (one of the many things Knightmare taught me as a kid)? ;)
Debz_g
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Debz_g »

I am almost 31 and I never knew what that was called!! 8)
Insider
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Insider »

Drassil wrote:I've seen more than one tweet from Stuart Ashen referring to the original Helmet of Justice as lost. It isn't: Tim Child himself entrusted it and other props to a member of the Knightmare.com community who tweeted photos of them as recently as 7 months ago and presumably still has them safe and sound. I could understand if the Geek Week Knightmare crew had consciously opted for Knightmare Live's adult-sized helm over the original child-sized one, but it really troubles me to think that Tim Child may have written off the original helmet, his helmet, as missing.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A_2viqXCMAAqgbV.jpg:large
Debz_g
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Debz_g »

Either they are quite safe, or this is the start of a ransom demand!! ;D
Gundrada
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Gundrada »

I see both helmets are there *squee*
WhiteFloatingSkull
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WhiteFloatingSkull »

That's both kinda hilarious and thought-provoking to me.

The two iconic helmets of justice, the dungeoneers one true protection from the forces of the unreality and confusion in the dungeons...a running constant throughout and one of the few items that has seen many quests start and end in various ways, and which have been worn by countless challengers with mixed levels of worthiness...side by side on top of a cupboard, as far away from the adventure and dungeoneering as can possibly be.

Quite a thing when you think about it.
Gundrada
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Gundrada »

The White Floating Skull wrote:That's both kinda hilarious and thought-provoking to me.

The two iconic helmets of justice, the dungeoneers one true protection from the forces of the unreality and confusion in the dungeons...a running constant throughout and one of the few items that has seen many quests start and end in various ways, and which have been worn by countless challengers with mixed levels of worthiness...side by side on top of a cupboard, as far away from the adventure and dungeoneering as can possibly be.

Quite a thing when you think about it.
There's also a fright knight trophy sandwiched in between the two :)
Insider
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Insider »

The owner of said items is very lucky indeed, there's alotta history on top of that there cupboard! :D