Re:Series 1 Episode 1

EvelynMason
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re: Re:Series 1 Episode 1

Post by EvelynMason »

So they'll be starting at the very beginning for tonights show then ?

Best place to start of course, and does this mean we'll get to see every episode now until the end of the original series, or am I getting my hopes up too much ? ???

I'm just excited to have it back above all else. That means no pickle if they start from the very beginning, and it's a shame, as I thought he was a fun character, and Treguard always worked better when he had assistants around him or some other fun characters.
Gretel
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Gretel »

Been a while since anyone posted but since I'm here....

am I the only one who still jumps about 40 ft in the air at the smash right from the show into Lilith's laugh? (I mean, I love that laugh but my GOD it startled the hell out of me every damn time it's used...)

Also, I think the team kinda walked into a bit of stone in Lilith's room too.
"you should be able to hear from my voice that I'm terribly pretty, now DO you think I'm pretty?"
rachelesque
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by rachelesque »

Having not watched Knightmare in a while (and being more familiar with the later series), I completely forgot how harsh the beginning was. They really don't mess around! Level 1 is incredibly difficult compared to the later series where level 1 was more like a tutorial!

Not sure if they survived the first bomb room to be honest, was a bit touch and go. That on top of having to be told to take a second object and trying to put it in the knapsack, it is entirely possible that somewhere down the line they were put into losing status. But to be charitable, this was the first team with no idea what to expect. They had learnt to go quickly by the second bomb room!

(Also, did the wall monsters always mumble that much or am I old?)
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Series 1 Episode 1

Post by Canadanne »

Drassil wrote:
HobGoblin wrote:My interpretation is that the production team were caught off guard by this justification to go left and so later had to feed Treguard the line about it being enough to remember the symbol.
In the Knightmare pilot script, Treguard tells the team in the clue room itself that 'one of these present [objects] is merely a symbol. It is enough to merely remember it'.
I wonder why the team in episode 1 weren't given this vital hint before choosing their objects. The quest notes do mention 'Corridor puzzle - symbol', implying that the talisman was indeed key to the choice of door, so I still don't understand the significance of "Justice lies on the right". What's the point of a wall monster clue that tells you nothing about which objects to take and nothing about which way to go? (The idea of "lies" being a play on words suggesting falsehood seems awfully obscure even for Knightmare.) It could be that the right-hand symbol was used in the pilot so there was no contradiction.

The pilot script also mentions them needing "agility - not wits" to dodge past the sword guarding the wellway, so presumably that's what the clue "he who seeks it must be fleet of foot" referred to. And yet the notes for David's quest indicate that the wellway would be "unguarded" this time. Huh. Perhaps that whole clue of Olgarth's was mistakenly left in the script even though changes had been made since the pilot! If that line had been scrapped, and instead the wall monster had given them the clue about "One of these present is merely a symbol", then everything would have made sense...
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

I wonder why the team in episode 1 weren't given this vital hint before choosing their objects
Maybe they were but it was edited out of the broadcast, but they still made the mistake and took it.
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Series 1 Episode 1

Post by Canadanne »

Re: "Justice lies on the right, but he who seeks it must be fleet of foot" - I suppose it's possible that Olgarth wasn't giving them a clue about the Great Corridor at all, but was merely warning them about the bomb rooms they would face upon exiting the clue room via the door on the right-hand side?
Morghanna
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Morghanna »

A great opening episode, altho the pace was very slow, with an extra long explanatory intro, then the team were very slow at the floor puzzle. They seemed to improve after that.
They were a little unlucky as they had to guess between the lamp & the talisman and their wrong choice brought about their doom in the well-room.
They went the correct way (left) in the corridor of the catacomb, following the talisman symbol, but without all three correct answers there was no way they could have known that the talisman was only a guide symbol. Knightmare was very harsh in those early days....

Really liked the way Treguard took that kid down a peg or three when he said he sought knighthood. ;D
"I think it's about time you got wise to the ways of real magic. The kind that is borne on the dark side." >:D