Thanks

Discussion and posts relating to the 2014 Knightmare Convention in Norwich
dugeoneerborne
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Thanks

Post by dugeoneerborne »

the convention was great, talking to the legend David Rowe about his work and what I'd like to do for drawing and animation and being given some good tips ( & accidentally giving Rowe 1 or 2 ideas for traps in the km dungeon rooms if the series comes back).

Got My programme signed by Rowe, asked Hugo, Lona, and fear a few questions at q and a (a bit gutted I didn't get to do My impression of treguard but I guess I was there for a bit longer then I should've been so needed to be hurried up), one of the members on our team for play a room in the dungeon did some sort of put up your dukes western pose when he played the corridor of blades (had Me and My brother in stitches). Didn't get to be a dungeoneer but it was still good fun guiding the dungeoneers.

I've tried to contact Mark as well reg the fan art I did of his character (wish I had a paper and pen) I was given an address but due to the excitement throughout the week My mind just went blank when I got back, I've pmd Mark (think I found his page) and asked if he could send Me the link when he can.

I gave Hugo a copy of his fan art, seemed very pleased with it (& when I spoke about art and animation Hugo directed Me to David after that, I also handed out a few business cards as well).

I Wish I got the name of the woman I spoke to later in the bar upstairs, she's in acting and I gave her My business card as she may know someone but if I knew her name I could atleast put her down as a contact as I did the artist I saw at last years nor-con.

..I forgot that the woman in the black clothes was a villain in series 5 (almost thought she was a cosplayer until you guys pointed it out on the fb page, I'm really surprised I didn't make the connection, I guess since she wasn't mentioned when the campaign was up I just assumed it was Cliff, Hugo, Lona, Tim, Mark & Rowe.

It was great having a talk with Tim as well.
Sidestep to your left simon style, simon style..whoop...whoop...whoop...whoop.. sidestep to your left simon style.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

My actual birthday coincides with Mashibinbin's third-of-a-birthday, so can I have the birthday wishes instead? :D
Gretel
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Gretel »

If it pleases you of course you may!

(and now you see why I use Gretel's name... albeit slightly mangled at the moment)
"you should be able to hear from my voice that I'm terribly pretty, now DO you think I'm pretty?"
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

Now a week on and I'm still at times not 100% sure that the Knightmare Convention did actually take place and that I actually attended. :)

What a fantastic event, I have to echo the thanks and applause given to all those who organised and ran the convention.

It's hard to pick out some moments to highlight the whole experience itself was amazing. Kicking off on the Friday with the Knightmare Live performance, absolutely hilarious, enjoyable and nostalgic all rolled into one and then the post-show meet up at the Plasterers arms....what a fantastic way to spend a birthday. :)

The viewing of Lords of The Game and Geek Week The Extended Cut were both highlights, seeing new KM Material was so good it really took me back to those friday evenings watching CITV. Meeting Hugo, Iona, Cliff & Mark all of them great and genuinely friendly people with no big headedness or stand offishness to be found in any of them. Meeting and talking with David Rowe another genuinely great guy and getting both his signature on my Fortress of Assassins Game book and buying from him a print of the "Egyptian Room" (Which is now residing in a frame hung on my bedroom wall) where great.

The Q&A sessions were all informative and enjoyable (Kudos to David for being able to do all that back and forth without ever seeming to be out of breath), Playing the Corridor of Blades and getting to wear one of the original helmets (even if it was the inferior second version) was amazing (once I got it the right way round ::) ;D )

And meeting fellow Knightmare fans including ones I've known through this forum in person was a highlight all of its own. I met some really wonderful people at this con. Some I knew and had met in person already such as David (Drassil), Roz (Gretel, obviously) and Andy K (Snowcat). But I also met others for the first time such as Dark Comet/Deviant Gent, FoxyLF, James Aukett, Mogdred2k14, Mashibinbin, Kieren, Rachelesque & Gundrada as well as others all great and friendly people who really enhanced the experience 10 fold.

All in all a great event, I hope a second one takes place somewhere down the line and if I had to sum the event up in just one word....

Well....what else would it be but

LOVELY!

;)
Gretel
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Gretel »

Skarkill wrote: Playing the Corridor of Blades and getting to wear one of the original helmets (even if it was the inferior second version) was amazing (once I got it the right way round ::) ;D )
That better be on the DVD! Dozy lad!
"you should be able to hear from my voice that I'm terribly pretty, now DO you think I'm pretty?"
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

Gretl wrote:
Skarkill wrote: Playing the Corridor of Blades and getting to wear one of the original helmets (even if it was the inferior second version) was amazing (once I got it the right way round ::) ;D )
That better be on the DVD! Dozy lad!

LOL hey what do you expect I'm Opposition not Powers That Be. I'm normally trying to stop the people wearing that helmet not trying to put it on.
Gretel
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Gretel »

True but still, much laughter to be had dear boy! :P :P

Poor old Skarky-bottom!
Greystagg
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Greystagg »

Well, I want to echo what everyone else has said: what a fantastic weekend it was. I was really nervous beforehand about going to a convention on my own, but that just seems strange now because everyone - guests, fans and crew - was so friendly! Actually being in the original studios and trying out a dungeon room there was pretty special, and there were lots of other great memorable moments too. Massive thanks to everyone who made the convention happen.

Here's to the next one... ;)
Sisterfairgame
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: Knightmare Convention

Post by Sisterfairgame »

Are there any tapes/recordings or photos from this convention? I'm only asking as I heard that there might be something available..
I would like to know if there is something out there and that it has been done, I'm curious..
Hope someone can pitch in and help me with this. Thanks

Amy
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

There are some leftover DVDs that will be made available for sale soon.

I am struggling to find the time to put a site together to sell them at the moment, but With so many projects on, I am struggling to find the time.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Alan wrote:I am struggling to find the time to put a site together to sell them at the moment, but With so many projects on, I am struggling to find the time.
Imagine the time you could save if you didn't repeat yourself. Or if they still let you take outrageous short cuts.

;)

A lot of the photos taken at the convention in 2014 have since become buried on social media. There are plans to put together a belated convention review for the website, which would be a good opportunity to dig those photos up.

For those who haven't seen the pre-filmed dungeoneer appeal video shown during the convention, you can watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7V9DYtGASM
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

Not to mention the COB footage from Epic Studios, although it's been a few years now i'm not sure if that'll ever see the light of day. :(

Thinking back to the event always puts a smile on my face, such good fun.
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
Picklemyfav
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Picklemyfav »

Trying to picture Skarkill with the helmet on and rolling around with laughter. ;D Anyone know where that picture of Skarkill with the helmet on is.
Thinking of making a mocked up picture with the caption [It was Lord Fear's birthday party and Skarkill was playing blind man's bluff. ;D ] If Skarkill is ok with that idea.
Is there one happening near me [scotland] anytime soon. Sounds so cool.
Cedric kneed down close to my helmet so i could see him and told me.
"You're not witless. You're just nice. Too nice really for your own good. That's your main problem."