Colourblind dogs?

Disucssion of topics that are not directly related to Knightmare.
Picklemyfav
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Colourblind dogs?

Post by Picklemyfav »

Really. I thought that dogs could see a more limited range of colours than humans can. Mostly yellow and blue.
Also thought that they could see things that are moving easier than things that are still.
I know that dogs have a strong sense of smell.

Does anyone on the forum have a dog?

I'll need to look this up. Are dogs really only able to see in black and white or is that a myth that is not true? Or a falsehood in dungeon terms.
Cedric kneed down close to my helmet so i could see him and told me.
"You're not witless. You're just nice. Too nice really for your own good. That's your main problem."
Picklemyfav
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Colourblind dogs?

Post by Picklemyfav »

Found this online. Quite interesting. All copyright of this article belongs to the writer of the article Stanley Coren. I have posted the full article as it seemed too interesting just to post a snippet of it. This is just one of many sources that I clicked on while searching for the truth.

This text has been deleted by the moderators, because it violates the forum rules relating to copyrighted material.

Wonder if goblins see in a similar way to dogs. If that is the case...... Is it possible to sneak past them?
"You're not witless. You're just nice. Too nice really for your own good. That's your main problem."
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

From what I've read (or the last time I checked anyway) only human and chimpanzees (I think) can register colours. But who knows??

Its's like bulls. People assume that they go for the matadors' cape because it's red. But they are supposedly colourblind and it's merely the movement of the cape that ticks them off and not the colour.

Yeah, I could he wrong given the fact that these facts alone are a few years old. And it kind of raises the operative question of how they know that nearly all animals have greyscale vision?? But hey, I'm a sparky by trade, not a bioligist so what the hell do I know :)
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Picklemyfav
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Picklemyfav »

Picklemyfav wrote:Found this online. Quite interesting. All copyright of this article belongs to the writer of the article Stanley Coren. I have posted the full article as it seemed too interesting just to post a snippet of it. This is just one of many sources that I clicked on while searching for the truth.

This text has been deleted by the moderators, because it violates the forum rules relating to copyrighted material.

Wonder if goblins see in a similar way to dogs. If that is the case...... Is it possible to sneak past them?
:'( :'( :'( :'(
I'm really sorry about this post. :'( I thought it was an ok thing to post at the time as it related to a conversion and that it was ok to show this article. :'( I hope i'm not in too much trouble. :'(
For future reference would a snippet of an article found that relates to a conversion be ok to post or not? I'm going to in future for logical reasons [I don't want sued or to be any trouble] assume that its not unless otherwises stated by yous.
Picklemyfav
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Picklemyfav »

Fidjit wrote:From what I've read (or the last time I checked anyway) only human and chimpanzees (I think) can register colours. But who knows??

Its's like bulls. People assume that they go for the matadors' cape because it's red. But they are supposedly colourblind and it's merely the movement of the cape that ticks them off and not the colour.

Yeah, I could he wrong given the fact that these facts alone are a few years old. And it kind of raises the operative question of how they know that nearly all animals have greyscale vision?? But hey, I'm a sparky by trade, not a bioligist so what the hell do I know :)
I read online that dogs can see in blue and yellow and posted it to show you. Now I'm in trouble. As I can hear the goblins horns I'm going to run and hide and hope they haven't got my scent. If they find me I will beg for mercy.
On a interesting note I was dreaming about the goblins last night. I dreamt they were hunting me so I hid in a clue room and when they found me. They found me crying my heart out with real tears. It turned out they were just trying to make sure I was ok as they had heard me crying earlier.
Picklemyfav
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Picklemyfav »

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
It was an article on a blog. :'( :-[ Well the website had months of the year down one side like a blog. :-[ :'( You're not in trouble pal. :'( I don't blame you for what's happened. :'( I thought that because it was from a blog that it was ok to share. :-[ :'( That's my big mess up not yours. :'( :-[

I hid in a level one clue room for an hour until the goblins lost my scent. Took the gold and a magic key that might be useful. Used the gold to pay for a room in the Crazed Heifer for the night. :'( I am now hiding in the forest typing this and

OOOHHHHH NNNNOOOOOOO NOT AGAIN! MORE GOBLINS!
They have my scent. I need to climb this huge tree. Easier said then done.

They're getting closer......... and closer...........

I'll use this branch to pull myself up. [pops laptop in strange looking basket then grabs branch.]
Picklemyfav
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Picklemyfav »

Well that was a shock the branch pulled me up the long straight slippery trunk.
The even bigger shock. There is an elf on the other end of the branch.
Its not Pickle before anyone asks. This elf has long blond hair and blue eyes as well as a hooked nose. He is dressed in a tunic made of leaves. I don't know who this elf is. so I will talk to him in the nicest possible way.
"Hello mr elf. What is your name?"
Strange..... There's no answer from him...... He's just staring at me.
A well known phrase about a frying pan and fire comes in mind. Do elves really....... no........ elves don't eat people right.
Maybe he just doesn't speak English.