Unintended Knightmare references on TV: Doctor Who

Other shows or games that remind you of Knightmare but aren't official derivatives.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Unintended Knightmare references on TV: Doctor Who

Post by JamesA »

For those of you who watch Doctor Who, there was a moment in episode 11 of the most recent series (The Lodger), where Matt Smith (a.k.a The Doctor) was in bed then all of sudden said "Ooooh, Nasty...."
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Knightmare references

Post by Canadanne »

Amusingly, about a dozen people on Twitter were all reminded of Knightmare by the heartbeat sound in between songs on Eurovision this evening. ;D
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

And before Eurovision was Doctor Who... featuring Idris the confused. ;)

(Was it a coincidence that a trailer featuring actor Idris Elba was shown afterwards?)
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Drassil wrote:And before Eurovision was Doctor Who... featuring Idris the confused. ;)
Yeah, I was trying to re-imagine that episode with Sidriss instead, but... couldn't quite picture her as the TARDIS personified, somehow! :D
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Drassil wrote:And I did enjoy seeing the Doctor blinded by a "silly" helmet in tonight's Doctor Who episode. Followed by four people going home for Christmas.
The bit that reminded me of Knightmare was at 37:00 and several times thereafter. :)

OT: can't for the life of me think who the female tree thing reminded me of! Anyone?
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

The bit where the Doctor was slowly guiding Clara towards the Ice Warrior, and she was all "What should I say?", was very dungeoneer-like. ;D
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Some of the locations in tonight's Doctor Who episode looked very familiar indeed!
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Unintended Knightmare references on TV

Post by Canadanne »

When the Doctor and Clara time-travelled in search of Robin Hood & co, my first thought was "I hope they bump into Treguard!", so it was quite funny that they ended up visiting Knightmare Castle. ;D
johnamendall
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by johnamendall »

Before Doctor Who tonight, there was a trailer for Casualty. Standard stuff, vehicle crash with no sound and a woman's voice singing. Except I'm positive that at one point, the words she was singing were "Oooooh Naaaaasty".
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

After last weekend's Doctor Who, people are wondering who the Timeless Child is. Until we know more, I'm happy to treat it as a nod to Knightmare. You just have to remove the eless.
Mashibinbin
Staff
Staff

Post by Mashibinbin »

In this case eless is more. :)
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Drassil wrote: 20 Oct 2018, 15:27 After last weekend's Doctor Who, people are wondering who the Timeless Child is. Until we know more, I'm happy to treat it as a nod to Knightmare. You just have to remove the eless.

It seemed appropriate to learn of the Doctor's creative influence in an episode whose title includes the Knightmare creator's name.

Doctor Who TC title card.jpg
Doctor Who TC title card.jpg (17.14 KiB) Viewed 7366 times
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: Unintended Knightmare references on TV: Doctor Who

Post by Drassil »

In Chapter 6 of Doctor Who: Flux, hearing the name Kragar reminded me of a certain Knightmare character. (Kragar was played by Dan Starkey, who has been a Knightmare Live advisor.)

The same episode had a scene that reminded me of Knightmare Series 2.

Knightmare Doctor Who Flux.jpg
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.