Castle locations/forest scenes

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
AriadnesLayer
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Castle locations/forest scenes

Post by AriadnesLayer »

I'm really impressed with your photos and how you have managed to capture the exact same filming angles and positions for different rooms/locations.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

AriadnesLayer wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 23:52 I'm really impressed with your photos and how you have managed to capture the exact same filming angles and positions for different rooms/locations.

Thanks. :) I took some photos at Framlingham Castle and Kentwell Hall last year:
http://www.canadanne.co.uk/kmlocations/framlingham.html
http://www.canadanne.co.uk/kmlocations/kentwell.html
Not an easy task when they turn the room into a gift shop!!

Was meant to be visiting a couple more locations earlier this year, but.... yeah.
AriadnesLayer
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by AriadnesLayer »

These are great. That gift shop must be the biggest change to a KM location out of them all.

The shot of those tall standing stones (where the dungeoneer first appears before entering the antechamber) was quite eye-opening. I had always thought they were gravestones and the shot was inside a graveyard (quite macabre even for this show). Seems I was wrong!
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

AriadnesLayer wrote: 23 Sep 2020, 18:48 These are great. That gift shop must be the biggest change to a KM location out of them all.

Yeah, I think so. Unless you count the 'flower girl' building from Series 5 which has been moved to a different part of the museum!

The shot of those tall standing stones (where the dungeoneer first appears before entering the antechamber) was quite eye-opening. I had always thought they were gravestones and the shot was inside a graveyard (quite macabre even for this show). Seems I was wrong!

Haha, that never occurred to me! They're actually the remains of a bridge.
Greystagg
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Greystagg »

These are great photos! Very interesting to see the comparison, thanks for sharing them.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Canadanne wrote: 23 Sep 2020, 18:22 Was meant to be visiting a couple more locations earlier this year, but.... yeah.
Well, I finally made it to Castle Rising (the Castle of Doom) and Castle Acre Priory (Dungarth). My attempts to recreate scenes from Knightmare, with varying degrees of success:
http://www.canadanne.co.uk/kmlocations/rising.html
http://www.canadanne.co.uk/kmlocations/acre.html

Some scenes I couldn't fit into a single shot, so there are multiple angles. (I had particular difficulty with the prior's study, where even putting my camera on the windowsill would only capture part of the room.) One Eyeshield sequence at the priory is currently inaccessible due to maintenance work so I couldn't quite replicate it, though I did my best to take some zoomed photos through the fence. Anyway, it was fun to explore these locations at long last, seeing what's changed and what still looks exactly the same all these decades later!
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Thank you for posting these, Annie. It's very enjoyable to see how much care you put into matching up Knightmare's shots with yours.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Awesome photos and loved the comparison with the real life and Knightmare shots. Thank you for sharing.
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
AriadnesLayer
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by AriadnesLayer »

Thank you once again for those amazing photos and comparisons
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Thank you for the comments!