Unintended Knightmare references in the news

Other shows or games that remind you of Knightmare but aren't official derivatives.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: Unintended Knightmare references in the news

Post by Drassil »

Article in The Times on 8 January:

Vikings were ‘too trendy’ for helmets with horns

Too trendy or not trendy enough?
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Mashibinbin
Staff
Staff

Post by Mashibinbin »

In a recent Metro letters page Tony Blair's controversial peerage has been described as the pinnacle of Children's tv programmes.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

The front page of The Times today (15/1/22) has a photograph of a face on a door. The door of 10 Downing Street is ajar and is reflecting a portrait of the Queen, to whom Number 10 recently apologised.

This reminded me of the Weeping Doors in Knightmare Series 4. Among their recurring phrases were "The bitter pill of self-delusion" and "Truth will out and so will you".
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

I'd never even heard of this before reading the article, but the Oxford word of the year is "goblin mode"!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63857329

(Series 5's Christopher: "Don't talk to me about goblin mode...")
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Meanwhile, the Cambridge Dictionary Word of the Year is homer: seemingly because a large number of the UK's Wordle players don't remember Barry and his team's potion choices on Level 3 (or the first Lurleen Lumpkin episode of The Simpsons).
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

A weather forecast including the phrase "bringing wintriness to the lower levels" immediately brought to mind Aesandre in Series 5!
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Mystic Meg has died. I couldn't help thinking she looks like Lord Fear's mum in the first photo.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

I opened an old Italian newspaper article with the headline "TRE GUARDIE PER LA DIETA DI PAVAROTTI?", and with another browser window in front of it, all I could see was "TRE GUARD PAVAROTTI?" which momentarily confused and then amused me!