Temporal Discussion, A KM podcast

Knightmare inspired creations from the community.
TemporalDiscussion

Re: Temporal Discussion, A KM podcast

Post by TemporalDiscussion »

I've just finished editing HStorm's interview with Alec Westwood. It'll be released to Patreon supporters tomorrow, with an extended edition being made available for higher-tier supporters. It'll be released on the free feed the following week at the usual time :)
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

I noticed that the pronunciation of the valley appeared to be "Banburn" a few years before that spelling appeared in David Rowe's book or anywhere else:
Canadanne wrote: 22 Oct 2012, 22:04You know what, I hate to say it, but I don't think the Vale of Vanburn is the right name... I've just watched this episode again and it sounds like Velda actually calls it the Vale of Banburn! The second time in particular it's quite a clear 'B' sound, at least through these headphones.
I have wondered if the name was inspired by the Irish goddess Banba (one of the people of Danu who became the Shee). Alternatively the prefix "ban-" in Gaelic gives words a female form, so Banburn could mean something like "she-stream".
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Thoroughly enjoyed the Scott episodes - I've always loved his quest and it's been brilliant hearing his thoughts on everything!
TemporalDiscussion

Scott was absolutely excellent to work with! The big "coming clean" moment was a complete surprise to me - although I'd heard about it happening on occasion, I had no idea it happened here!

I have a feeling we'll be hearing from Scott on the podcast again 🙂
TemporalDiscussion

Hey folks!

Sorry for not posting for so long. We're still working hard on the podcast, and Series 4 Episode 1 is due for release on the free feed tomorrow.

The Podfollow link should take you to your preferred podcast listening service: https://podfollow.com/temporal-discussi ... dcast/home
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Yay, great to have the podcast back!

FYI, the Hockering Wood information came directly from the Series 4 location cameraman Leigh Grey, who gave me these filming dates from his 1990 diary:

"11/6/90 Castle Acre and Castle Rising
12/6 Orford Castle
13/6 Leeds Castle Maidstone
14/6 Hockering Woods near East Dereham and Oxburgh Hall
15/6 Framlingham Castle Suffolk"

I would say that counts as official confirmation - can't get much more reliable than the guy who actually captured the footage!
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Framlingham Castle for the path home! (Later reused for Winteria.)
016_PrisonTower.jpg
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Fantastic, thanks, Annie!
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

After listening to the S4 E11 podcast, Jake is correct in his recollection that the Crazed Heifer exterior is somewhere in Suffolk - I'm not entirely certain if it's an airbrushed photograph or a painting, but it perfectly matches the 14th century Little Hall in Lavenham, which was originally a house and is now a museum.
https://suffolkmuseums.org/wp-content/u ... Hall-2.jpg
https://www.shutterstock.com/image-phot ... 905033.jpg
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

The face shown in the end credits of S4 E12 is also real, as described here by Ross:
GranitasIsCute wrote: 14 Jul 2012, 18:29
Canadanne wrote:I'm also now wondering where the end credits of Series 4 episode 12 were filmed? It looks like some sort of face carved out of stone or wood, with water running down one side. Weird. Any ideas?
Canadanne - Jake and I can solve that mystery for you. The stone face is taken from Leeds Castle. There is a maze and in the middle of the maze is an underground grotto, where you can find that face. Here is a photo I took on our visit to the castle yesterday:

You can see my photograph of it at the bottom of this page:
http://www.canadanne.co.uk/kmlocations/leeds.html