Series 4 Episode 10

Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Series 4 Episode 10

Post by Porsmond »

Discuss

A very interesting episode this one. Team 5 were good but kept panicing an awful lot which almost kept getting them into trouble and at one point almost dying.

For example In the Episode before this one, I thought it was funny when they told Vicky to jump in the hole in Oakleys Glenn but of course she doesnt have a clue what to do as she cant see can she, lol

Then they encounter the First Guard, Vicky clearly panics and almost wonders round as to what to do, even the advisors dont know what to do for a while.

They dont panic when the meet Fatilla which was good, but I thought it was quite funny when they told her to say Goodbye to him when they went down the well, I dunno why but It gave me a little laugh(even Treguard laughed at it)

They also panic when they meet Gundrada, infact they panic so much, she almost went over the edge of the pool killing her(ooopppsss)

And now to Merlins Opposite riddles(Can someone explain this to me) It was very confusing that I still cant work it out, Were they meant to answer the questions correctly or wrongly and if Merlin had said Falsehood Would'nt that have actually mean truth?? ??Obviously not because they seemed to  get the magic even though they actually didnt. Very Very Confusing

Well the Winning Quest has now started, cant wait for the next few episodes as it will be great to see a team win :)
DerbyGem
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: Series 4 Episode 10

Post by DerbyGem »

I think they were meant to answer correctly - i.e. "Who was the daughter of Uther Pendragon" = Arthur.

Still confusing though, not very fair on the team.  :-[
"There's nothing more terrifying than adolescent humanity"
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

That 'STOP!' as dungeoneer Vicki almost falls into the pool has to be the most panicked 'STOP!' I've seen so far in the first 4 series.

As for the opposites thing, it appeared simple at first but then it almost got nigh on impossible to understand what on earth Merlin was talking about. Someone pointed out a few months ago that at one point he says "If you get the answers wrong then I will reward you with magic". Does that mean if you get the answers right then he won't reward you with magic? Surely that means you can just say three completely random answers thus getting three 'Falsehoods' and winning the maximum prize. Obviously that was the case.

I'd misremembered the way they died, I thought they were given a SLOW spell that they spellcast in the block&tackle that, because of the opposites, made the blocks immensly speed up. So the advisors made the dungeoneer do a mad sprint for the door but it didn't work and they were killed. Either I'm confusing it with another episode from a different series or it's just something completely knocked up in my imagination.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

And now to Merlins Opposite riddles(Can someone explain this to me) It was very confusing that I still cant work it out, Were they meant to answer the questions correctly or wrongly and if Merlin had said Falsehood Would'nt that have actually mean truth?? ??
I still think this was all a bit unfair. They really had no idea what they were supposed to be doing, and I can see why someone might have thought the correct thing to do was to give deliberately incorrect answers, although they didn't seem to really decide one way or another what they were supposed to be doing. I'm still confused about why Merlin calls "Falsehood"- I'd have thought "Truth Accepted" might have been more logical, especially as he says he is giving them magic, though he really isn't.  The first question was hard, I thought, but their "God" response still makes me laugh. They should have probably guessed the Ides of March one. Vicky gives an amusingly disbelieving "What?" when asked to reply "March of Ides". She was on the right track with the Cinderella one, too.

When they left Merlin's room they seem to have thought they had the spell. But they don't even try to cast it in the Block and Tackle, despite Treguard's very obvious hint. So either there's been some editing (either they were told they didn't have the spell, or they did indeed try to cast it and it's been edited out) or they failed to even try it. So perhaps they would have died even if they had got the magic, for failing to cast.  

"Quickly, run Vicky... into the hole... shout!" made me laugh a lot too. The poor girl had no idea how to respond- and quite often she was rather sneakily tunring around with the helmet half up to try to see what was around her.

I wonder if they did walk into the pit in the room with  Gundrada but were let off. It cut away to the advisors very quickly, just like a few times in S3 when people veered into the quicksand. I didn't think Treguard was very helpful there either- they'd started to try to convince her that Vicky wasn't a dwarf but he kept interrupting their efforts.

I loved Gundrada's comments, something like: "You're a rather slow walker, aren't you... You're rather wobbly as well, aren't you?" And why oh why couldn't Mellymoos have lifted the stocks up herself? It wasn't as if her hands were tied. (Or am I missing something?) Lazy little wench.  
Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 12 Jun 2003, 15:10, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Werewolf
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Werewolf »

Heh, this team had great comedy value  ;D

They must have made some sort of pact before they came on..."Sod puzzle solving, we're going to get through this by running away from everyone and shouting madly until something happens". I felt sorry for Vicky in fact; she genuinely looked scared, in the way she kept jumping and hopping around without being told (especially in the pool room). The block and tackle was just awful...thats some of the worst guidance that I've ever seen! Granted, she did walk into the room at an odd angle, but it looked like the advisors were trying to get her to line dance!

Ah well, at least we have Dickon's team to cheer on now...
Last edited by Werewolf on 12 Jun 2003, 15:48, edited 1 time in total.
Assassins do it from behind
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

They must have made some sort of pact before they came on..."Sod puzzle solving, we're going to get through this by running away from everyone and shouting madly until something happens".
LOL. If in doubt, "Run, Vicky!"
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Leggy1210
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Leggy1210 »

I know I'm a little late with the post...  ::)

Episode 10 now available for download (http://www.legs-world.co.uk/nostalgia/k ... ries4.html)

The team of girls have to be one of my all-time fave teams ever on Knightmare! Very unfair for them to get the backwards thing from Merlin... and I loved it when she scampered past that lizard! Top notch!
"Side-foot to your right...!"
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Porsmond »

She was on the right track with the Cinderella one, too.
For the Cinderella one, I would have said It Turns into a Pumpkin. If the riddles were all opposite, It would have been what would have happened to Cinderella's Coach at Midnight???? However It would have been interesting to see if this would have been correct, Would Merlin have called out Truth Accpeted because if he did, surely it would have meant falsehood. And surely if he has said Falsehood here, it would have meant Truth.

I still think it was terribly unfair on the team, the whole affair was still awfully confusing and quite frankly it was very clear the girls simply didnt know what to do(even I would not have known what to do) Also I think the team were told they didnt have the magic otherwise they would have tryed to use it in the Block and Tackle because of the obvious hint from Treguard. Also I do feel sorry for Vicky though, she really did panic quite a few times throughout the quest especially when being told to jump into the hole in Oakley's Glenn which is obviously hard because you cant see can you.
I wonder if they did walk into the pit in the room with  Gundrada but were let off. It cut away to the advisors very quickly, just like a few times in S3 when people veered into the quicksand.
humn, I'm not so sure. Lets remember they were quite far into their quest and into Level 2 so not sure why they would have been given a good reason to be let off if it did happen. Also lets not forget Team 1 in Series 3 who died very quicky in Level 1 by accidently walking into Quicksand(they were not let off lightly were they)
Dan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Dan »

Also lets not forget Team 1 in Series 3 who died very quicky in Level 1 by accidently walking into Quicksand(they were not let off lightly were they)
Er, yes, they were - at least according to http://knightmare.v21hosting.co.uk/series/3/teams.htm anyway.  They actually died by falling off the serpent's tongue, but since that was only about four seconds into their quest the next team hadn't yet arrived. ;-)
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

im sorry but she was well on her way to stepping when it cut away...my verdict, sorta let off, coz of unobservant advisors...bleh

opposite room...tell me, did that ever feature again? if not, we know why dont we. i seriously think i'd need a transcript if i wanted to fully unclog it. even as i was listening i heard merlin make mistakes or say some things the right way round which just confused things more....sigh. they should have just cast sprint and saw what would happen? i mean, even if they didn't have it it couldnt have hurt :(

erm...GO DICKON...and prav
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
PunmiesterWhiteley
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Today's riddles (13/7/03)

Post by PunmiesterWhiteley »

That was the most confusing thing ever.  The first one about Uther Pendragon's daughter was Arthur.  But the other two are really tough.  Anyone know the answers?

Merlin gave them a SPRINT spell or did he?
You remind me of all the other men I've met in my life. All helmet and no brains.

(Stiletta to Mike)
drut001
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: Today's riddles (13/7/03)

Post by drut001 »

bah this room always bugged me... i gould never get the answers.

I hate not being able to answer the questions, even now im 23 and i still find some of the questions tough....i loved that about KnightMare.
OOOOOOOOOOOOO.............................LETTER OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
WhiteDevil
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WhiteDevil »

hiya,
The man said that he would give them a spell called "Sprint" but since everything was the opposite that means they didnt get it...

But then when they were answering the questions the man said "Falsehood" 3 times, now since this is a room of opposites shouldnt that mean they got them right?

Confusing  ???
Those Who Live In The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It
Dungeoneer2k3
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

,Re: Today's riddles (13/7/03)

Post by Dungeoneer2k3 »

::)Don't worry i'll explain. It took me a while to get. When that Team first entered the room, Merlin was saying everything opposite. For example "Don't sit down" meaning do sit down. When he was asking the questions, the team had to reverse the idea of the question. So when Merlin asked "Who was the daughter of Uther Pendragon?" he was really asking for the 'son' which was Arther. The team said "God". Now this is where this got confusing but i'll try my best to explain. The team had to answer the questions correctly to get their magic but they answered all their questions incorrectly. Merlin did not confirm the wrong answer with an opposite. The second question was "What happened to Cinderella's coach at mid-day?". The answer is disappeared as he meant mid-night. The Team got confused and said it appeared. The last question was "Who didn't have to worry about the Ides of March?" The answer is Julius Caesar as Merlin meant who did have to worry about the Ides of March. Sneaky huh! Anyway, hope you get it now. ;) If you still don't get it just ask me and i'll do my best to explain. (again!)
Knightmare lives forever!
WhiteDevil
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WhiteDevil »

well i taped it so ill be able to watch it again and try and get it  ;D

Thanks for the explanation Knightshadow  ;)
Those Who Live In The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It