Time Gate

Other shows or games that remind you of Knightmare but aren't official derivatives.
Debz_g
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Time Gate

Post by Debz_g »

Just a little bit of info, but I found out on Monday that Time Gate is not planned to be shown on Channel Four anymore because of something to do with the shake up of staff/directors working at the station. However, it is now planned to be shown on BBC, likely to be BBC 2. But there is no scheduled date for broadcast at the moment, so it could be a while! From what I heard it should definately be on terrestrial, but it may be shown on the BBC's digital channels as well.
"You think maybe a girl can't do this? Ha!! Like camel I spit on you!!"
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Re: Time Gate

Post by Purgatory »

isnt this fourm based on knightmare knews?  :-X
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Debz_g
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Debz_g »

Ooh well hark at you!! If you point me in the direction of a relevant forum, I shall then post there! So ner!  :P I just thought that people might be interested, I will shuddup in future!
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Its okay  :D ... considering TimeGate will probably be the 'next Knightmare', made by the same team, and has featured previously on the Knightmare Knews page on the site, its very relavant.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
Debz_g
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Debz_g »

Cheers Nic!! Phew!! :)
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

Well, let's face it, one could put anything here and pass it off as Knightmare Knews... ;)
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

Im listerning to Apocalyptica, does this pass as knightmare??

lol okay, i never seen or heard this time gate so it have no idear whats it about..   does it have Kmare actors in it?
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Debz_g
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Debz_g »

Its Tim Child's latest project, a role playing fantasy game that resembles a futuristic looking Knightmare, but with a CGI interpretation of the 'dungeoneer' playing the game. If it is anything like its trailer, then it will be very good.
It is going to be interactive via the internet so the viewers can play along. It is now planned to be shown on BBC, but there is no scheduled broadcast date as of yet.
As far as I know no KM actors are going to be in it. Hugo Myatt thinks that this is because Tim Child does not want it to be too much like Knightmare. Although considering Tim's most notable work is KM, there are bound to be comparisions made.
Last edited by Debz_g on 23 Nov 2002, 23:41, edited 1 time in total.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

I remember another Broadsword programme "Timebusters" as that had KM actors in it, such as Mark Knight, Michael Cule and David Learner. I especially remember David's role as a villain in that programme!  ;D
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

MK spoke to me about his time on...TimeBusters.  He seemed to enjoy it (he didnt exactly do very much however), but not quite as much as his KM enjoyment.

Also I think both rate higher than his walk-on in EastEnders :)
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Debz_g
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Debz_g »

So does Michael Cule with "great fondness!" Apparently his time at Time Busters is clouded by the memory of a scene where he was stuck in a gloomy dungeon covered in green slime, waiting for over half an hour until the team came to rescue him! Sounds like fun!! ;D
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I'm interested to hear that KM actors probably won't feature in TG. I thought at one stage Tim Child was said to be keen to get Hugo Myatt and Mark Knight involved (but the latter had other commitments or something?). I can't even remember my source for that, but what you say was probably always going to be the result. I just hope what Hugo says about making it purposely different from Knightmare doesn't extend to making things different just for the sake of it. Tim Child has admitted himself that some of his other projects haven't gone that well because of trying to make them too different from KM.

I guess for all actors/programme makers it's difficult to escape the shackles of that which made you successful.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Debz_g
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Debz_g »

What I have seen of Time Gate it is very Knightmare, but then maybe that is what comes of being a Tim Child production.
The defining moment in the trailer which made me see it as being a new KM was a tree stump of clue objects, one of which was a bar of gold, call me silly but...
Maybe that is what series 9 would have looked like, as Tim said, going the whole hog and going full VR.
Last edited by Debz_g on 24 Nov 2002, 00:38, edited 1 time in total.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Oh, that sound very promising, thanks. I guess TC himself can't make too many overt comparisons to Knightmare, but the "Season 9" comment that we all hang on to is encouraging. I suppose if and when it gets an airing the critics will make enough comparisons with KM for everyone. I just hope people don't expect it to be a KM copy and give it a fair chance in its own right.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Debz_g
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Debz_g »

Definately, it would be a shame for peeps to do that. I know that we are all desperate to see KM return, but the thing is Time Gate isnt KM and although it may be hard not to think of it as an entirely different programme in its own right, I guess we're gonna have to watch it with an open mind.
At the end of the day, although we havent got a new series of KM yet, Time Gate should be a good substitute until then. When you think about it, it is made by Tim Child so it should be good!  :)