Challenge TV

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Challenge TV

Post by JamesA »

Good idea!  :D
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
PERSAUD
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by PERSAUD »

So far series 3 has been secured by challenge tv, even though it's only half the series they are showing. But is there anything in the pipeline suggesting further guaranteed series. Sure, it all depends on ratings but anything set in stone apart from series 3?  :-/
Last edited by PERSAUD on 10 Dec 2002, 16:48, edited 1 time in total.
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

As far as I know, nothing's been set totally in stone, but there are some rumours....
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Yes, they are only committed to show the first half of Series 3 for now. What rumours? Do tell. :)
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Hmmm, I've just realised its a bit silly to show only half a series  ::)

They really need to secure the rights to the entire series as Martin's quest (Team 11) is a classic   ;D
James Aukett
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Hmmm, I've just realised its a bit silly to show only half a series  ::)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought they'd secured the rights to the whole of Series 3. It's just that they've only scheduled the first half. Scheduling the rest depends, as ever, on ratings. If that's true then it's not silly to only show (well, schedule) half of it in this case. If it gets good ratings, they'll surely show the rest of the series (I guess straight after the first half, so long as they indeed do have the rights to the whole of Series 3). If it doesn't get good (or at least promising) ratings after several episodes, then it's surely fair of them to pull the plug after the half a series they've scheduled. Perhaps it would be hasty, but it's a cruel old world of ratings-grabbing out there.

"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

And on another topic running through this thread, thanks to everyone who went to the Challenge? site and voted in their Cult Christmas poll thingymajig.

I think the results are announced on Challenge on New Years Day, though we might hear whispers before then.

Cheers again. :)
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

There better be some decent ratings for the show because I don't want another clone of all that Pop Idol malarky :o
James Aukett
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

There better be some decent ratings for the show because I don't want another clone of all that Pop Idol malarky :o
Well, we've been saying for years that if it was repeated again the ratings would be good. Okay, so Challenge? might not be the best channel as far as media exposure and advertising are concerned, but I guess now our claim will be put to the test.