Series 9

How might you change Knightmare if a new series were to be made?
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Series 9

Post by Malefact »

Right, since the chances of a series 9 happening have increased slightly, I thought I'd stick my nose in a bit!

I'd like it to have catacombites, Ariadne, skeletrons, armies of goblins (like in films where thousands of people marching in rank are computer-generated and added to the background), scorpions and snakes.

With the new technology, they could move anywhere any way - imagine a rune-lock puzzle on the first door in the Corridor of the Catacombs and a massive catacombite clunking forward out of the darkness...

Bring back bomb rooms - but with a knice knew refinement: motion-sensitive fuses. If you move any faster than a snail's pace the fuse lights. How's that for a test of nerve?

Introduce "Blind Spots" where the dungeoneer won't be able to see and will have to be guided - useful as it means there can still be floor puzzles.

Introduce "Time Tunnels" - series 3 style dwarf tunnels. However, they zoom by ten times faster than the dungeoneer is walking, allowing vast distances to be crossed in a few seconds (a la worm holes). If a real-life antechamber is made, then a brief Time Tunnel sequence can be displayed after the dungeoneer has walked through the Dungeon Door - giving them time to get to the console (or whatever it is). Do a similar thing for a winning dungeoneer to give them time to get back.

Introduce a new, improved mine cart ride but this time have the track running through a series of massive caves, going up and down like a rollercoaster.

btw, if they decide to go on safari again after three series, how about introducing Wolfenden City?

The possibilities are endless!
Subject to change.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Series 9

Post by Malefact »

btw, it MUST have Hugo Myatt as Treguard, Mark Knight as Lord Fear, and Paul Valentine as Motley/Hands. Essential. If possible, bring back the others as well.

Also, I think series 9 would benefit from a Mogdred-style baddie cropping up unexpectedly, in addition to Lord Fear.
Subject to change.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Anyone have any other ideas?
Subject to change.
Zall
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Zall »

Firstly, Yes, I think you are sticking your nose in a bit!

Secondly, I think it should have all computer-generated bad guys, as this way, they will look just like those from the "Final Fantasy: Spirits Within" film. I'm sure that some 1980-whatever kids show will have AT LEAST the same budget as a multi-million blockbuster movie - that's what Melfrek told me anyway!

But still. I'm not sure if I want a season 9  -  I'm getting a bit bored with Knightmare! - what does everyone else think?

Check our our forum post under "general discussions - Bored?"

Thanks
nobby_norris

Post by nobby_norris »

Personally I agree some what with zall. I think your expecting it to have a budget much bigger then it will have, sorry femalefact.
I also think it should be spiced up a bit. Perhaps a love interest for tree-guard(protector of the trees).
I'm sure that witch woman lillith(or similar) will be good enough, and maybe they could have a kid.........
Zall
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Zall »

[quote]btw, it MUST have Hugo Myatt as Treguard, Mark Knight as Lord Fear, and Paul Valentine as Motley/Hands.
/quote]

I thought most of those people had passed away - or at least retired?
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

OH NO mate - Hugo Myatt is starring in panto this Christmas, and Mark Knight & Paul Valentine have both signed the guestbook this year  :D
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Yes, we're sticking our noses out a bit, but hey. I'm sure I'll love whatever they produce. But there's no harm in mentioning what we'd like to see.

I think I agree with just about all Malefact's ideas. Please add Clifford Norgate as Hordriss to the "Want Them Back" list though! I definitely agree on something like the Series 3 dwarf tunnels. Just don't call them wormholes. I'm still getting used to "avatar" ;)

I think the possibility for puzzles and such is really exciting. They could really do some fabulous things with the new technology in this area. And because the dugeoneer can see, there's an excuse to make them a little more difficult. I'd love to see a speeded up Corridor of Blades, one that despite being able to see if still a challenge to survive.

I doubt very much that they will be short of ideas. There's Knightmare's rich history to draw from, plus the experience of TimeGate must have given them a lot of ideas which, though they might not be suitable for that project, might well be good candidates for a new Knightmare Series. And after years of trying to think up new puzzles and tests for the original series of Knightmare, I doubt it was simple just to turn off those creative thoughts when it ended.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
nobby_norris

Post by nobby_norris »

Was it a nice dream you had when you thought the show would be on such a budget  :P
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Stop being such a git or I'll set Kully on you  >:(
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Dungeoneer »

What are the chances of this new series happening?  Is there any way to get hold of the old series?
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

1. Pretty high chance, I'd think.
2. Only if you're willing to pay about £50 to Anglia for the duplication cost - per _episode_. Otherwise you could use a tape trader.
Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

It is pretty much certain the new km WILL happen now, seeing as so much work has already gone into it.

KM tapes will be highly available now with Challenge showing freshened up copies.  
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Ooooh goody goody!

Yee! Kully has a shoe!
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Me still want DVD release, though.

Perhaps if they release series 1 first to test the market. The series could fit onto one disc, with another disc for loads of extras like the two pilots, interviews, outtakes (including scenes edited from the series to make it fit the time, as well as the cock-ups!) and the Chromakey experiment. That'll do me!
Subject to change.