A few DVD questions!

For all discussion and ideas for bringing back classic Knightmare.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

A few DVD questions!

Post by MoanaLiza »

Once GM have the petition I wonder if they will be wanting suggestions and ideas from fans! I was just thinking of a few questions for some ideas of the format and content of the DVD(s). Yes we all have to take into consideration costs and budgets, but I'm not knowlegable when it comes down to that stuff. But here's a few though:

1. Would you prefer one or a set of dvds?

2a. would you like other thing included?

b. If so what would you like?

3. How would you like the format?
i.e. would you like breaks/episode endings, with perhaps things added, etc.

4. If you would like input any ideas what you would like?

I will put some more quetions if I think of anymore. Also as mentioned above costs and budgets have to be considered, so there might be a limit on what could be produced, bought, etc.

But what do I think? I will let you know later!
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Re: A few DVD questions!

Post by Pickle123 »

having all km on one DVD is impossible. a set  is really the only way forward to release a series. maybe 1 or 2 discs each series depending on length of series and any additional extras.

im sure most people detested challenges breaks in the middle of KM but they *need* the credits by law and i'd like to keep the openings too.

extras are always good but i could live without them...please extras extras extras!

a possibility (though too expensive to be realistic im sure) is to break it down into separate quests without episode restraints in the middle. imagine a non-stop barry quest...*sigh* ;D
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
WhiteDevil
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WhiteDevil »

I dont know why, but whenever i record a KM program i always record the opening and closing credits - I think they help make the show...
Last edited by WhiteDevil on 01 Sep 2003, 15:16, edited 1 time in total.
Those Who Live In The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

It should be editied so u can select EACH TEAM not episide.   Then the closeing speach from the single eps can be added as extras and stuff.   with each team u get the full into and creadits.  Will need a little editing but its better then having to watched one team if u want to watch another.  
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

A Hall of Fame section where you can click on the team or team member and see a load of info on them and stuff ^.^ and Behind the Scenes!
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Moocowthingy
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Moocowthingy »

Personaly Id say put all the series on too as few DVD's as possible using only the bit of time left as space for extras or anything else.  I certainly wouldent buy KM DVD's if it was obvious that there was much less episodes on there than could be fitted.  For myself as a home owner and bill payer I find DVD's way too expensive when they are new releases thats why Id like as much as possible on less DVD's.  Ive had a PSX2 for over a year and I only own 2 DVD's lol, Enter the dragon and Lee Evans live at wembley.
WhiteDevil
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WhiteDevil »

I definately think that releasing them on a series-by-series basis is the best option. This way each Series has its own additional features, or extras... I would prefer to buy a DVD with the whole of Series 1 on, than one with Series 1 and half of Series 2, then ive got to buy another DVD to see how Series 2 finishes...
Those Who Live In The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It
RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by RoxxAatherton »

Going back to the openings/credits debate, which really wasn't a debate at all, but anyway. They have to put the credits in, right (which last all of 30 seconds anyway) and those of you who like to watch the openings and credits can watch them and those of you who don't can use the little button on the dvd player that says 'skip' hurrah! problem solved.

And as extras there's surely got to be cast and crew interviews...

;D
Foxxy Roxxy
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

As well as outtakes! :)
Moocowthingy
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Moocowthingy »

To do cast and crew interviews increases the price of the DVD if you do new ones.  The cost of a crew, travleing, paying the actors, editing the interviews etc etc etc dont  come cheap.  Stick to the episodes and price can be reduced.  If the price is 12.99 per series thats still over 100 in by the time series 8 is out and thats a fair amount of dibble.

Im old enuf to have seen KM first time around on ITV.  Ive been talking to my mates recently, who are 28 or around.  They all enjoyed KM and weve been having good talks about it down the pub on a friday, BUT they arnt watching it on challenge even though Ive told them its on and when its on.  The original KM generation ( which I count as 10 plus at series 1 start ) are vital to DVD succes.  As over 5 million watched KM its importat to get them buying it or it wont work.  I honestly cant see any of the people I knowpaying 12.99 for a dvd of one series when they arnt even watching it on the TV.

Im just being honest, I think its a hard sell.

As Km has never been aired on terrestrial TV since its original showing I honestly dont see the new generation of KM fans being large enuf to support a DVD release.

To the original KM watchers KM is just a memory, somehow that memory needs to be made into an attractive DVD offer.  In basic I think that means cheap and cheerful and I dont think they will give a monkeys about extras.

To me and you people who still watch KM and post here extras are great, but to Joe public who hasent seen KM since being a teenager I dont think it will matter.  When its on the shelf people will buy it from memory of a great program, if its cheap enuf.
RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by RoxxAatherton »

The man does have a point. Bugger

Although if you just did 2 or 3 interviews they wouldn't be that expensive would they?

;D
Foxxy Roxxy
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

That is a point. However, it has been said, by beveryafraid himself, that GM are now genuinely interested in doing a release. This would not be the case if they didn't think it could sell. Furthermore, they have said that they would need to sell 2000 units for the venture to be worthwhile. 2000 out of 5 million. That may not be such a hard sell as you think.

Regarding special features, extras, etc., I can only reiterate what I've said a couple of times before. ;D

1. Outtakes
2. Deleted Scenes (cut for time, etc.)
3. Commentary
4. Scene Selection (in order to select teams, etc.)

Plus, the pilot episodes and other assorted goodies, such as the Chromakey Experiment.

Series 1 could fit onto a single disc, allowing a second disc to be crammed full of goodies, a la Red Dwarf.

I also believe that a series-by-series release would be best - it would certainly be the safest move financially.
Subject to change.
Fan
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Fan »

I think they should release a box set of DVD's with every series.  Either way they make them, They should load the discs with extra features.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

And are you willing to pay the price for the lot (8 sets) though? Can you afford it? It's not like that way is going to be cheep. It will be really expensive, which I certainly could not afford. I may just be able to afford one set though!
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

Well you say that but they wont all come out in 1 go, I.E the Simpsons DVDs come out 1 season a year and so does Red Dwarf. It would take a while to compile all the extras.
On the question subject
1) Set would have to happen as much as I would like it all on one ;)
2) i would like to see some extra content otherwise I might as well just video it from challenge
b) Deleted Scenes, Outtakes would be great, Some Commentry possibly TC talking us through some of the dungeon rooms/traps and info on them or another of Treguard talking about what he thought of the teams.
3) I agree with the format of choosing a team. Intro and Outtro needed, you cant remove time out!
4)I hope it wont cost too much as 8 series at 12.99 even yearly is a wee bit costly but I think KM is worth the price tbh