Lego Knightmare

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Lego Knightmare

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Just came across a video of Lego Knightmare on Youtube. The channel it is on is Bricking It and they had a new video there yesterday and it features Paul Valentine as Motley! Well worth checking out.
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Lego Knightmare

Post by Mystara »

I've been a fan of the lego knightmare channel for a while. Unfortunately, they beat us to the idea (we had toyed with recreating the intro in lego using stop-motion as a way of showcasing videos).

Ah well.
BrickingIt

Post by BrickingIt »

I can't remember how the idea came about. I think I was getting fed up of doing large-scale LEGO films (so imagine an entire dining table covered in LEGO sets) so wanted something single-base but inventive and fun nonetheless. At the same time, we'd just hit lockdown and we were messing around with background filters and I'd used the Knightmare hallway as my background for a while. Somehow the two ideas came together.

I was pleasantly surprised to find an active and engaging KM community online when I started posting promo photos. Being a solo filmmaker for getting on 5 years it was really great to start working with people again on the V/Os. As ever, thanks for your support and retweets - btw, YT analytics tells me reposting on Facebook goes a long way so that sort of share is always welcome!

More episodes to come, at least another 3 are 'in the can' and going into the edit.
Beltane
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Beltane »

I just watched it and loved every second!

Their Treguard voice artist was very convincing! I can't seem to find a credit for his name but kudos to him and to Bricking It for finding him.

Helen's (the dungeoneer) quest is actually tense at times, which I was really pleasantly surprised by. And Bricking It made an honest-to-goodness Life Force timer!

I was amazed that they brought in Paul Valentine for Motley - I wondered at first whether they used some old sound clips from Knightmare itself until I realised he was using new lines, and wouldn't you know it, old!Motley is as benevolent and friendly as ever!

I'll check out the rest next time I have a chance. I can't wait!
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

I do love these and would happily pay BrickingIt for a commission :)