Fright Knight trophy

Knightmare inspired creations from the community.
ArchaicDevice
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Fright Knight trophy

Post by ArchaicDevice »

I never had the chance to win one of these as a kid, so I made my own. Based on the original concept art and the board game box illustration.

This is my test run at about 2/3 of my final size. This version is a little under six inches tall.
F_Knight_Trophy_1.png
ArchaicDevice
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: Fright Knight trophy

Post by ArchaicDevice »

Different scales I've done this piece in:
Knights_scale.png
TemporalDiscussion

Post by TemporalDiscussion »

These are fantastic! How did you make them?
ArchaicDevice
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by ArchaicDevice »

TemporalDiscussion wrote: 09 Mar 2023, 11:28 These are fantastic! How did you make them?
I model them in 3D using Zbrush, then ran them off using my resin 3D printers. The smaller one is done as a single piece and the larger one is done hollow in multiple parts, then assembled afterwards.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Please don't sell these or redistribute the design since we would see that as being too close to an endorsement of IP infringement. I'm not saying that you would be infringing (I haven't looked at the situation in sufficient detail to form any view) but clearly the FrightKnight emblem (and the trophies themselves) are subject to copyright.

That's not to take away from your skill in producing these, or that tiny FrightKnights are adorable. We just try to tread a very cautious line with IP here.

Apologies for being a bit of a mood killer.
ArchaicDevice
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by ArchaicDevice »

Mystara wrote: 25 May 2023, 17:44 Please don't sell these or redistribute the design since we would see that as being too close to an endorsement of IP infringement...
Well, it certainly makes a change for someone else to be saying this instead of me having to explain to people why I can't sell them things.

I've done plenty of projects for other fandoms and I have a long standing policy of never selling anything. It's always been my opinion that it's disrespectful to the creators to try to profit of someone else's IP. The only time I've released assets was after speaking with the author of a book series I follow to get permission.

I generally do this sort of thing entirely for my own entertainment or to support the fan projects of friends.

So, although I'd dearly love to do something like a modular tabletop game for Knightmare, I doubt the opportunity will ever come along.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

And never say never. These are high quality. I daresay Tim might be convinced to license something like this.