Classic question: Favourite Team Death?

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Alex_Smith
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Classic question: Favourite Team Death?

Post by Alex_Smith »

Ok, many many moons ago I used to ask this question all the time on the old forum. Since there's now a truckload of new people to ask this to I will go again:

What's your favourite death in Knightmare? Was it because it was funny, or did it just look good?

Apologies if this has been asked again recently, I haven't really been on the forum much over the past few months.

Anyway, an extra muffin goes to the person who can guess my favourite death of all time (Pooka, you should get this one straight off!)  :)
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Classic question: Favourite Team Death?

Post by Malefact »

Team 1 of series 4 is a good one. Big buildup and clobbered by Mogdred. Very knice indeed!
Subject to change.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Series 4 Team 1 is good. I like that one a lot. But my favourite, as just about everyone already knows, is Series 3 Team 10. It's both strangely creepy and very funny at the same time. "Ask the goblins if they'd like a present, Julie." It still makes me laugh. :)
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
WhiteFloatingSkull
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Sadly...I can't remember offhand.

Post by WhiteFloatingSkull »

But I think it would have to be ANY death regarding a simple misuse of instructions.

AKA Like this 'Step left - NO Step right...whoops.'

That nearly always had me laughin' me bony head off the sofa.

Oh, and any death caused by us 'Manifestations'...

Viva le' supernatural entities.  ;D
WoOOo, I am the floating Skull - bite my shiny cranium!!!
It still waits.
Ark
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Ark »

Ooooooh....I can't choose from 3 different deaths, all involving more infamous KM enemies...

1st there was Series 3 Team 11, where Morghanna shattered the Stained Glass Window...
"My delight lies in the Dark Side, so I stoop to extinguish your flame..."

2nd, Series 2 Team 5, where a Catacomb Bite forced them into a sealed room where Mogdred was waiting...
"Welcome to one of Mogdred's little playpens, Dungeoneer. Play a while...play forever..."

Finally, Series 7 Team 2, where Nicola disappeared into a pitch black room. I still remember my heart skipping when the Advisors called out to her, and Fear answered instead!
"Two-nil, I think..."
When you stare too long into the abyss, the abyss stares back at you...
frieza
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by frieza »

One team death which always sticks out in my mind was team 2, series 8. Perhaps it was because they made a death on the corridor of blades look realistic (i.e. the blade appeared to hit the dungeoneer) and therefore it was quite scary (well, I was 10 then!). Or maybe it was because that team was the one who most deserved to win.

One death which had potential was when team 2 in series 6 were killed by the dreadnort- this could have been really dramatised, but they chose (maybe for viewing reasons) not to show this.
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

With... NO... word... (can't remember the rest)...

It's a simple death, but the second last team in Series 4 died when the advisor couldn't tell left from right and the dungeoneer was guided into the pit at the side of the Block and Tackle.
Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

With... NO... word... (can't remember the rest)...

It's a simple death, but the second last team in Series 4 died when the advisor couldn't tell left from right and the dungeoneer was guided into the pit at the side of the Block and Tackle.
With no word, you have reached your jorney end....

Series 4 Team 4 also suffered the same fate at the Block and Tackle by being unable to distinguish left from right.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Porsmond »

None really come to mind, although there was a funny death while I was watching Series 3 on Challenge again

I believe it was Team 1, and I think it was hilarious the way they died, I mean its not hard to stay on the path and avoid the quicksand, but this team had no sense of direction and very strangly directed him straight into it, Its not like they had any kind of danger behind them or in front of them, they had all the time in the world to get to the end, but instead they decide to kill him, lol

Team 3 were also very funny,If only they had been killed in that bomb room because that would have been the most hilarious death ever, However if you watch that episode again, the bomb quite clearly blows up just before they leave the room, however I am guessing that because it was so early in the mission, they let them off maybe??
Also their death is puzzling but funny too, after getting rid of the goblins, all they needed to do is drop the amulet, they did actually do this, but then told him to pick it up again(ummm why) so because they couldnt see him and no sense of direction, they directed him off the cliff, DOH
Last edited by Porsmond on 22 Jan 2003, 00:41, edited 1 time in total.
thrifty_squirrels

Post by thrifty_squirrels »

when series 2 team 3 were slain by way of a hundred ferocious ferrets of various levels of malice consequently causing them to fall into a flagon of excriment where they all both suffocated and died simultaneously.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :D :D :D :D :'( :'( :'( :'( ;D ;D ;D ;D :( :( :( :( :) :) :) :) ??? ??? ??? ??? :-* :-* :-* :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

when series 2 team 3 were slain by way of a hundred ferocious ferrets of various levels of malice consequently causing them to fall into a flagon of excriment where they all both suffocated and died simultaneously.
Yes, that was a scary one!
Whiteknight
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Whiteknight »

A few spring to mind:

Series 3 Team 9.  The animation on this is quite funny.  The dungeoneer has to jump across a gap in Merlin's room because they miss the first step.  From what I remember, he lands and then turns a full 180º vertically without moving a muscle and floats away.  You might see it on Challenge if they show it.

Series 8 Team 2.  How much blood does the average human have????????????????????????????????????

Series 5 Team 2.  'This horn will grant you wishes beynod your wildest dreams.'  Yeah, right ;).

Series 5 Team 7.  As a goblin the dungeoneer had a sort of helium filled voice.  The attempt at the password 'Red, Green, Blue and Grey' in the squeaky voice and the amusing 'Gulp' sound as the wall blocker swallows the dungeoneer was a good laugh.

That's all I can think of for now.

Cya.
'Join us again soon for Knightmare, it's well worth waiting for.'
CedricTheMadMonk
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by CedricTheMadMonk »

Definitely one of these two

Already mentioned - "Mogdred's Little Playpen"

and

Danny in Series one turning the wrong way and being blown up by a fast-fused bomb.  Think this was the first of Treguard's trademark "Oooh Nasty"s!
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

"I'm not a goblin!"

That was pretty good. To be honest I was shocked when I saw Series 8 Team 2's death on the site - I had no memory of anything so horrific (well, gory at least) happening on Knightmare...
Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I'd also like to put in an honourable mention for Series 2 Team 11, who after misreading POTION as POISON, were forced to try to offer Lilith an empty jar of humbugs. She naturally indulged in her favourite pastime of crumbling ledges. :)
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]