The Cup that heals

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
123Pooka
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

The Cup that heals

Post by 123Pooka »

It amazed me that in 112 (was it 112?) episodes of knightmare no one could ever win the chalice/the cup that heals/holy grail. After watching 'Indiana Jones The Last Crusade' it also intrigued me that not even he, could get to it without a lot of hassle ;)(Plenty of km related stuff in that film i.e corridor of blades similarity in the first challenge, a causeway type thing even appeared on the way to the holy grail!) Perhaps its an object that is simply not supposed to be retrieved
Mind you, the best quests were for the cup that heals ;):
Leo s3-
Martin s3
Helen s4
Giles s4 (may have won it actually but for the series end)
Richard s5
Nathans8

I've not mentioned all of the quests, but interestingly quite a few reached level 3. All of the above quests were pretty unlucky as well-
Leo and Martin died pretty much due to one incorrect answer
Helen because of a difficult spell choice
Giles series end
I'm sure the other quests for the cup were quite unlucky as well.

So, is the cup that heals actually the cup that kills, or is is it just mere chance that so many dungeoneers couldn't claim it?
Last edited by 123Pooka on 15 Sep 2004, 22:18, edited 1 time in total.
The only way is onward, there is no turning back. Oooh nasty, didn't realise the road ended there!
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:The Cup that heals

Post by Pooka »

Well... I think there's more about series 3 in your post the meets the eye, rather than a comment ref: the cup. In fact, I think series 3 was far too dependent on correct answers for anyone to win it - one failed riddle, and you're dead...
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
simiano
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by simiano »

Yeah i remember scotts team in S3 (srry dunno the number) they got 2/3 right on wall monster but they never got the 1st step clue and kinda well died. Anyway back to topic Giles should have won they so blooming close until, OMG ITS CHRMBO GO HOME FOR CHRMBO CYAS!
why do we let these kids mess up our clean and tidy dungeon
DazzaS
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by DazzaS »

I liked how the quests got seignated again from seris 7, i was hoping someone would actually win the cup just to see what it looks like or how they would play it.

When the quest chocie was given to the teams it annoys me they mostly chose the crown.

But then its the quest itself that matters, not the object of it, isnt it
Ooh, nasty!
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Pooka wrote: Well... I think there's more about series 3 in your post the meets the eye, rather than a comment ref: the cup. In fact, I think series 3 was far too dependent on correct answers for anyone to win it - one failed riddle, and you're dead...
And that is perhaps what I like about it, it is a real test, on top if it being (for me) the most imaginative dungeon in the series.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'