Re:Childish?

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
angelordevil4585
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Childish?

Post by angelordevil4585 »

Have any of you ever been laughed at by your parents for liking Knightmare? By this I mean during any time it has been shown on challenge?

I am so sick of feeling childish by taping and watching KM... my mother makes a point of mentioning that 'it's a child's programme' and it just really annoys me. You don't see me making fun of the crap she tapes and watches.

I feel that I actually appreciate it more now I am older, but it is putting these feelings into words. I don't take up any of her TV time watching the show, I just have to set up the tape on a saturday and sunday night, but that seems too much trouble.

Sorry to rant on at you all like this, but I needed to vent to people who love Km as much as/more than I do.
Now, I don't like to gloat...what am I saying? I can't believe I just said that, dear me, what a little fibber I am. Of course I like to gloat...love it, something of a hobby.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
darkDescender
Knight
Knight

Post by darkDescender »

Yes, Yes. *Nods sagely* every night I have my dear mother shouting at me. "For god;s sake, you shouldn't be staying up 'till half past one just to watch stupid kids programmes" It's a pain.
"Welcome to one of Mogdred's little playpens, dungeoneer. Play awhile...Play forever! Mwahahahahaha! Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!"
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Just out of interest how many of us (including I) still live with parents. So I guess you could somewhat say we are like children, but then again how many of us could afford to move away so it's more a matter of necessity to still live at home as apposed to fear of separation. My brother is nearly 40 and he still lives with us. Also I still go to my mum for hugs and cuddles if I'm feeling sad or poorly. Another thing is some of our members here are not quite old enough to leave home yet, which is a good thing as KM is still very much appealing to the youger generation even today. Anyway enough of my ranting and waffling.
Last edited by Anonymous on 18 Oct 2004, 18:13, edited 1 time in total.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
WillsOfDoom
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WillsOfDoom »

My family don't ridicule me for watching KM, I'm an adult and can decide for myself what I like in a TV programme (not soaps or Reality TV). But I don't think they know why I care about it so much. To them it's "What's all the fuss about a kids show?" It's more than a little irritating, isn't it?

It's no longer purely a kids show anyway. Maybe when it was first aired, but no longer. I'd say it appeals to as many adults as it does children at the moment.
I like my telly scary, and very dungeonish.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

What I cannot understand are those people who insist on joining you in watching a programme and then almost constantly say how stupid, childish and silly it is. I wish that they would just leave the room and not sit in and watch it if they do insist on doing that. One thing that really irretates and annoys me are those people such as in my case usually my dad (the head of our house) who come in whilst you are watching something and they either go "what are you watching?" or and they go (the classic) "What else is on" or "Can I watch so on and so on" (usually the news, like he can't catch it at other times such as it's not like it's not on 24 hours a day). For some reason he only seems to want to particularly watch something if I'm watching something, mainly a favourite programme of mine. If I say no I get told things like "I pay the the gas and electric and telephone and Sky and tv licence and council tax...". Yes I know my dad is very awkward and don't you just love those awkward people. The past couple of weeks I've been off work and so have stayed up later than usual. I've tried to catch the Sunday night repeats, but noticed the time and so have missed them (on too late). If they were on an hour earlier, then I would've stayed up to try and see them. I wouldn't have been able to watch them though because my dad decides to stay up until about 3am or so watching other things (usually on Sky) and so therefore no chance for me there. When KM was shown at 5am weekdays I used to try and get up then to watch it. Everytime I used to wake up, such as about 4.45 I'd hear my mum get up and go into the front room and sleep on the sofa and so then I couldn't watch it. I did manage to catch about two different eps when it was shown at that time.

What I want to know is why can parents be soooo awkward!

(ML is ranting and waffling again. Nothing knew there then)
Last edited by Anonymous on 18 Oct 2004, 23:41, edited 1 time in total.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Lowebo
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Lowebo »

Not at all, my dad watched it with me when i was younger, and when i was at home (at uni) watching the repeats he sometimes watched it then. My mum didn't say anything either, just isn't there anything else on!
One time willowthewisp... Never in the shadows.
LordDread
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by LordDread »

My parents always used to watch KM with me, there was always like a mad rush for the seats whenever it came on, even they admit that KM was one of the best programs ever to be shown on TV.
Victory is acheived not in the endgame but in all the moves made before the game even begins.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Been there done that AOD! It's annoying but hey, they've never seen it themselves, and quite frankly you have to be a bright spark to know all the answers to the questions especially at their age... :) ;)
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
darkDescender
Knight
Knight

Post by darkDescender »

Hmm. The most common complaint is "It's for babies!" Am I right? But if you believe my mother, everything I like is for babies.
"Welcome to one of Mogdred's little playpens, dungeoneer. Play awhile...Play forever! Mwahahahahaha! Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!"