What do we call Knightmare Fans?

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: What do we call Knightmare Fans?

Post by Emii »

I prefer 'Susan', myself.
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
HobGoblin
Staff
Staff

Post by HobGoblin »

If we must have a name then I think Knightmarian has a certain dignity to it (well, everything's relative :) ).

Anything but knighties!
Extreme warning team, a Hobgoblin in the level!
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

The trouble with "Watchers" is that it referred to the entire audience, and not everyone who watches Knightmare would consider themself a member of the fandom. Like, I watch Doctor Who and Star Trek and enjoy them, but I'm not the sort of hardcore fan that you might call a Whovian or a Trekker/Trekkie. So I'm not sure that "Watchers" (a.k.a. "those who merely watch") is the right term for "these absolutely undefeatable fans who just keep on at it"... though I definitely prefer it to "Knighties". :P
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

How about "Dungeonistas"?
fluttermoth
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by fluttermoth »

Of course, what we decide is largely irrelevant; it's whatever the media decides we'll be called that we'll get called!

I know most Who fans hate 'Whovian :/

I like 'Knightmarians' much better than 'Dungeonistas'!
UnclePob
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by UnclePob »

Canadanne wrote:The trouble with "Watchers" is that it referred to the entire audience, and not everyone who watches Knightmare would consider themself a member of the fandom. Like, I watch Doctor Who and Star Trek and enjoy them, but I'm not the sort of hardcore fan that you might call a Whovian or a Trekker/Trekkie. So I'm not sure that "Watchers" (a.k.a. "those who merely watch") is the right term for "these absolutely undefeatable fans who just keep on at it"... though I definitely prefer it to "Knighties". :P
That being the case, "Watchers of Illusion" is a very specific title, introduced and used exclusively by Treguard, of which only true fans of Knightmare would be familiar. That's both a blessing and a curse; while the title is incredibly apt and suitable to refer to us by us, those who are not fans of Knightmare (but are aware of the series and that we are fans of it) would likely have never heard of the saying or properly understand or remember it.

Pretty much anyone knows that a "Trekkie" or "Trekker" is a fan of Star Trek. Likewise, it's pretty obvious that a "Whovian" is a fan of Doctor Who. That's because the name of the show (in part) is included. Even people who had never heard these phrases before would at least understand what it is they refer to.

"Knighties", for better or worse, is probably the most appropriate. Despite the fact that I absolutely loathe that title, it's probably the best that can really be achieved.

I don't mind so much that "Knighties" sounds like "90's", considering that Knightmare was on the air during that decade it seems like a lucky and bizarrely appropriate coincidence. My problem with "Knighties" lies in the fight is sounds like "nighties", which could be confused for pyjamas.