Stupid, stupid people

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Stupid, stupid people

Post by Emii »

Has anyone else noticed the amount of peoplke who come to this forum, come in the chatroom or post on the site's guestbook saying "I'm a huge fan of Knightmare I have so many memories its so cool especially Tregar/Traygar/Treger/[insert another variation of Treguard here]"

They can't have THAT many memories if they can't even pronounce TREGUARD properly!!! Are they DEAF???
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Kawaii_Catgirl
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re: Stupid, stupid people

Post by Kawaii_Catgirl »

Don't be so hard on them - 50% of all message board users can't spell. Just be glad that we have more people who can remember Knightmare, and therefore campaign for it's ressurection!
"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

Even if they do think he's called Fireguard.

Wot a punt!
Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

See what I mean! Besides - we're allowed to take the mickey out of other people. Its human nature.
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Kawaii_Catgirl
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Kawaii_Catgirl »

But it just ISN'T NICE! I know far too many people who have been put off message boards for life because people kept criticising their spelling!

(It's a good job I have near-perfect spelling and grammar, isn't it?)
"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

would you like me to criticise you for being perfect? I can if you want :) :P
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Do it to me!
Subject to change.
Ark
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Ark »

Yeah, well, I'd never do that!

But I do have to say, I am a huge fan of Nightmare, especially of Greybeard and his two assistants, Giggle and Magic Gal! And I loved the two main enemies, Moondread and Lord Terror! :)

And finally, my computer is working again!!! So, I'll be around until...about June, when it's scheduled to break down again. *sigh*
When you stare too long into the abyss, the abyss stares back at you...
Trial_by_Spikes
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Trial_by_Spikes »

Si Hans was my favourite on Nitemare.
Oh look there's J.G. Ballard in a burnt-out fridge with a spitfire pilot.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I don't mind the imaginative spellings that occasionally appear- what sometimes confuses me is the unique grammar of a few people. There are cases where I honestly can't work out what someone's saying: I like to be fair to people and respond, but it's hard when you can't tell what on earth they're talking about!

And I still think Maria was much better than Pickup.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

and that 50% of the message forum that can't spell is ME!!!
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

I SEE WOT U MEAN IT GETS ANNOYING WEN PPL DONT USE ANY PUNCTUATION AND SPELL EVERYTHING IN CAPITALS AND USE TXT SPE@K WHCH S JST P@THTC @T TMS IT MAKES THE PERSON WHO WROTE IT LOOK LIKE AN 8 YEAR OLD WHO DOESNT REMEMBER NITEMARE IN THE FIRST PLACE
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

<¦-(
Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I SEE WOT U MEAN IT GETS ANNOYING WEN PPL DONT USE ANY PUNCTUATION AND SPELL EVERYTHING IN CAPITALS AND USE TXT SPE@K WHCH S JST P@THTC @T TMS IT MAKES THE PERSON WHO WROTE IT LOOK LIKE AN 8 YEAR OLD WHO DOESNT REMEMBER NITEMARE IN THE FIRST PLACE
Heh. NO NEED TO SHOUT WE DO NO HOW TO READ YOU NO. AND I DO REMEMBA NITEMARE SO THERE AND YEH TRAYGARD WAS GREAT AND HIS DAUGHTER SIDRIS WAS GR8 TO.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

The problem is not eveyone has the time or can be botherd to speak/write proper english, thats my excuse anyway..whats yours?
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery