Don't You wish Things were the way they were?

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Gaminguy
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Don't You wish Things were the way they were?

Post by Gaminguy »

Don't you wish you were back at primary school, running in after a school week and sitting down and turning on the TV and waiting for The Spooks on Bottle Hill (Or what ever it was called!!) to end and seeing the advert for Knightmare next. Its was what Fridays were about.  :) :'(
Debz_g
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Don't You wish Things were the way they were?

Post by Debz_g »

Yeah *sigh* I was feeling a little nostalgic today too. Must be the weather  :-/
"You think maybe a girl can't do this? Ha!! Like camel I spit on you!!"
Treguard
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Treguard »

Yep definitely. I had a chat with a few people on msn, and the weather affects us psychologically (particularly around Autumn/early winter - which if you notice is also the time that most major dvd releases appear because there is a shopping boom in this period also)

Strange aint it? :)
OoooOooOoohhhhh Nasty
Gaminguy
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Gaminguy »

Very
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

not really,
with done that we have the memorys, and not only that we have knightmare as well as a hole lot more, its not all over.. we still get the chance to see it (soon anyway) and relive the memorys.. but life is about moveing on and not fogotten
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Rainecloud
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Rainecloud »

I wish I could still come in from primary school on Friday evenings and switch on to see Knightmare. I was shocked, mortified and horrified when it stopped being shown, and then I got the Sci-Fi channel. Unfortunately for me, I used cheap tapes to record the episodes onto, and most of them snapped after a few playings.

I love nostalgia. *Sighs and thinks of Count Duckula*
"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future."
rachelesque
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by rachelesque »

it was 'the spooks of bottle bay'.  my sister has an interesting version of that song...

SAD (seasonal affective disorder) is an actual condition quoted in DSM IV (the standard for psychological disorders).

i think it's mostly pre-christmas blues however.  i had a coal fire in the front room at the time so i got to sit infront of the fire and watch knightmare when it was dark outside.  for some reason the fire (it was before they made us use smokeless fuel) just had the smell and the sound and the right taste lingered in the air to really add atmosphere.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

I agree with the time of year/weather theory - why the hell do they always put parents evenings at this time too? I'm not supposed to be on the internet until January but I snuck on at college  :-[
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

All the friggin' time!  :'(
Subject to change.
Gaminguy
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Gaminguy »

SAD (seasonal affective disorder) is an actual condition quoted in DSM IV (the standard for psychological disorders).

i think it's mostly pre-christmas blues however.  i had a coal fire in the front room at the time so i got to sit infront of the fire and watch knightmare when it was dark outside.  for some reason the fire (it was before they made us use smokeless fuel) just had the smell and the sound and the right taste lingered in the air to really add atmosphere.
Yea the smell of a burning fire and sitting on the floor by the TV and Treguard appearing on screen and saying all those rhymes about Knightmare, and behind him was a burning fire as well.

(Deep Breath) Ahhhh
Debz_g
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Debz_g »

*sigh* we're a miserable lot aren't we? But I do wish I was five years old again, sat crosslegged on the floor and watching the first series of KM with my aunt who was about fifteen at the time and probably waiting to watch summat like Grange Hill on the other side.
I'd be sat in front of the TV with my dinner on my favourite plate (Which sadly I managed to break in a moment of clumsiness and spent like a hour crying my eyes out because of it!!) and drinking tea from my favourite red mug.  :-/
God I miss being a kid, no worries, no responsibility, all I had to worry about was whether I was home in time to watch Knightmare...oh and whether I should buy a kinder egg or a comic with my pocket money! Ahh 50p, my weekly wealth!  ;D
"You think maybe a girl can't do this? Ha!! Like camel I spit on you!!"
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

*sigh* we're a miserable lot aren't we?
*cough*  :) ;) :D 8) ;D

I have to agree though, I always used to love rushing home from school on a Friday afternoon (albeit Monday afternoon 87/88) just to watch Knightmare, if I remember correctly I only ever missed two episodes
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

That should have been 87/88 - but what the heck  ;D
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I get the frequent nostalgia attacks too. And I think that this time of year is just lost without Knightmare on. It was just so perfect for the season. I daren't even look at what tripe the kids tv segments are showing nowadays.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
KFan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:Don't You wish Things were the way they were?

Post by KFan »

I wish I could go back too sometimes :'(