has anyone ever completed knightmare

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
sir_squirrel
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

has anyone ever completed knightmare

Post by sir_squirrel »

has anyone ever completd knightmare and if not who has got the furthest. Also how many levels is there? :-[ :-[ :-X :-/ :P
WhiteDevil
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: has anyone ever completed knightmare

Post by WhiteDevil »

Hiya,
In future could you please visit the main Knightmare website where a lot of questions can be answered before coming and posting on here?

http://knightmare.v21hosting.co.uk/series/

8 teams completed Knightmare through its 8 series'. There were 3 levels. Each level was reached via a wellway, the decender, or other means located at the end of the previous level.
Those Who Live In The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Re: has anyone ever completed knightmare

Post by Illusion »

If you want a list of winners, there's one at: http://www.angliatv.com/angliagold/knightmare/faq.html
You're on the edge of a ledge...
Mashimo
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Any winners

Post by Mashimo »

I was a fan of the show back in the 80s but I dont remember if anyone ever completed the whole thing.

What was the furthest anyone got?
HarveyTowers
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re:Any winners

Post by HarveyTowers »

All in all there were 8 winners over the 8 series - although this didn't break down to one per series...

And there are of course sme controvasies oveer teams who did win and also teams who perhaps should have.

On the main site - try clicking through the Series guides and look at the Teams and Winners sections.
Good night out there; whatever you are!
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

I only really saw one winner and that was I think, Dunstan Series 8, the rest of the time I was hiding under the coffee table! ;D
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
darkDescender
Knight
Knight

Post by darkDescender »

There were 8 winners, but the only one I could remember(before the challenge repeats started) was dunstan in series 8.
"Welcome to one of Mogdred's little playpens, dungeoneer. Play awhile...Play forever! Mwahahahahaha! Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!"
HarveyTowers
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by HarveyTowers »

I can't remember them all - I I think I only saw about the last 3 series but can remember Julie, Barry and Dunstan's wins quite clearly
dr_loaded
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

winners

Post by dr_loaded »

hello all, i'm a newbe. i used to watch the show as a wee kid and only found out a few weeks ago that its on challenge tv reguarly :-)
but alas i dont have sky so i have to force my girlfriend to watch it when i stay over, hehe.
i got the complete series one off ebay (i know it sucks to buy bootleg stuff from ebay - i've seen all the posts about it and the post's about a dvd release which i'd love to buy.
so anyways thats my background and i'd just like to know how many contestants actually won the show and in which series?
thanks loaded
Billy
Knight
Knight

Re:winners

Post by Billy »

Welcome, dr_loaded of illusion, to the forum of confusion!
A total of eight teams won Knightmare. They were:

Series 2 Team 4: Mark, Daniel, Matthew and Jonathan (Episode 5, 3rd October 1988)

Series 2 Team 10: Julian, Vaughan, Becca and Mary (Episode 13, 28th November 1988)

Series 4 Team 6: Dicken/Dickon (don't know the exact spelling, I'm afraid), Dominic, Tim and Praveen (Episode 13, 30th November 1990)

Series 5 Team 4: Ben, John, Ray and Jonathan (Episode 9, 1st November 1991)

Series 6 Team 5: Ben, James, Alan and Nathan (Episode 11, 20th November 1992)

Series 7 Team 6: Julie, Helen, Samantha and Helen (Episode 12, 26th November 1993)

Series 7 Team 7: Barry, Simon, Derek and Daniel (Episode 15, 17th December 1993)

Series 8 Team 6: Dunstan, Alan, Oliver and Alex (Episode 10, 18th November 1994)
dr_loaded
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by dr_loaded »

thank you. i'll keep a eye out for those episodes. ooo do any of those teams challenge for the cup. i always thought what with the grail and all the cup seemed like the best thing to go for.

its a shame no one won from series one, but then again no one had even figured out the art of the side step at that point, hehe
HarveyTowers
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by HarveyTowers »

Sorry to say that no teams in Knightmare evr won the cup, or chalice as it was known as early on. The winners spoils were as follows:

Series 2 Team 4: To "Free The Maid"
Series 2 Team 10: To "Retrieve the Talisman"
Series 4 Team 6: Crown
Series 5 Team 4: Shield
Series 6 Team 5: Crown
Series 7 Team 6: Sword
Series 7 Team 7: Shield
Series 8 Team 6: Crown

For the four classis quests, that means:

Crown: 3
Shield: 2
Sword: 1
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

How many successful quests?

Post by 082601 »

Hey guys,

Ive been watching KM on Challenge recently, today I saw a team win the crown.
This was amazing as, when a child, I could not ever remember a team doing this, most normally got eaten by password anting wall-monsters or fell off ledges.

How many teams have been successful in their quests?

Oh yeh,
that Pickle character was very, very annoying.
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Re:How many successful quests?

Post by TheBrollachan »

8 teams if I recall correctly.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
Billy
Knight
Knight

Re:How many successful quests?

Post by Billy »

Posted this in another thread a while back, but no harm digging it up again (in it's new and improved version, now including quest items as well):

Series 2 Team 4: Mark, Daniel, Matthew and Jonathan, Quest to Free the Maid (Episode 5, 3rd October 1988)

Series 2 Team 10: Julian, Vaughan, Becca and Mary, Quest to Retrieve the Talisman (Episode 13, 28th November 1988)

Series 4 Team 6: Dicken/Dickon (still don't know the exact spelling, but I'm leaning towards Dickon), Dominic, Tim and Praveen, Quest for the Crown (Episode 13, 30th November 1990)

Series 5 Team 4: Ben, John, Ray and Jonathan, Quest for the Shield (Episode 9, 1st November 1991)

Series 6 Team 5: Ben, James, Alan and Nathan, Quest for the Crown (Episode 11, 20th November 1992)

Series 7 Team 6: Julie, Helen, Samantha and Helen, Quest for the Sword (Episode 12, 26th November 1993)

Series 7 Team 7: Barry, Simon, Derek and Daniel, Quest for the Shield (Episode 15, 17th December 1993)

Series 8 Team 6: Dunstan, Alan, Oliver and Alex, Quest for the Crown (Episode 10, 18th November 1994)

So, yes, 8.