Characters making limited appearances?

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Characters making limited appearances?

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Velda was such a ham though.
Enough ham for a medieval banquet, in my humble opinion. "I don't like this..." No, neither do we, dear.

In most of the cases people have mentioned, I'm pretty glad these characters didn't appear any more! In the case of certain evil characters, I'm also quite glad they weren't used a huge amount, since it preserved some of their mystery and menace. I would have liked Lord Fear to have been handled a bit more like that, really. The exception, in my view, is Aesandre, who I would have liked to have seen back in Series 6.

I think it was a great thing that Festus wasn't seen. The imagination of children could have created something far more fiendish than the computer graphics of the time, I think. I suppose also there was always the question of whether Festus might just appear in the current quest, so it helped create some anticipation once the kidsies saw Mrs. G. and heard that wonderful electronic barking roar.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Dooris the weeping door as only Dicken and team got that far!
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
KaM
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by KaM »

I think a fair few characters only appeared a few times, but this was often for the best ~ not because their was anything wrong with the acting or the characters - but because it allowed for that essential difference in the synopsis from quest to quest, which left it more unexpected. That's just why I think when I hear 'suchandsuch should have been seen more often', I can disagree.. because every extra time someone is used, the originality factor within the character reduces, and the familiarity within the dungeon as a whole increases, normally in a negative way (looking at the format of S4: repetitive, characters used very frequently, alternating Hordriss and Malice, and Mogdred in later levels - just liked the rarer additions - added spice to the game.
Knightmarian. alphavillean. Marvellian.
Moocowthingy
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Moocowthingy »

Dooris the weeping door as only Dicken and team got that far!
Wasent it Dooreen in level 3?.
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

er...i think so. "weeping door of the third level of the fourth series" is probably the safest description for now ;D
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please