Series 2 - Episode 7

Illusion
Knight
Knight

Series 2 - Episode 7

Post by Illusion »

Do not post here until after 7.30pm on 25th June.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
Tom41
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:Series 2 - Episode 7

Post by Tom41 »

Some unusual things for this episode!

Even though no quest was in progress at the start of the episode, Treguard still gave a summary of the previous team's fate. Then, onto the Enter Stranger routine. It's Akash's team, perhaps one of the worst teams in the history of Knightmare ;)
Oddly, they didn't start in the Wheel of Fate room, instead in a room with 4 doors (one of which was a Fire Exit). Then met a troll, convinced him that Akash wasn't good to eat, and gained a TRUTH spell.
Then onto the clue room, where they had to spellcast TRUTH to get at least 1 right on the wall monster's riddles! (I wouldn't have got that first one - the only one I could get was the one about the Sun and Moon)

Since they didnt' get the information they needed, they took the poison instead of the ice pack. And even though they knew their quest was for the Sword, they nearly guided Akash into the 'cup' door in the Corridor of Catacombs! Did Treguard have to intervene? I mean, they were going to die in the next room anyway :D

Lillith needed the ice pack and they didn't have it, so the ledge crumbled (but Akash didn't fall, just cut straight to the Life Force Death).

However, I don't think that was how the quest originally happened. Here's what I think:

1. They got the Wheel of Fate as usual, and spun up the clue room straight away
2. They got all three riddles wrong, and Igneous said "None is the score. Your quest ends here!"
3. Life force Death, and Ooh Nasty.

But I think the production team were lenient with them, feeling that a 1-room quest was rather unfair. Or perhaps the backup team hadn't arrived in the studio yet! So they probably went and filmed the scene with the 4-door room and the Troll giving them the spell, then re-filmed parts of the Clue Room scene so that they used the spell and got 1/3. After that, well, it was up to them what items they took ;)

Next team got the Wheel of Fate and got into the 4-door room. Took Folly's advice and took the Sword door. Then into a Bomb Room with food on the floor, but the bomb fuse was lit! They had to choose - restore their Life Force, or escape the room with their life! Chose the latter. Got food in the Clue Room anyway.

The riddle about the Magic Tree doubling its height reminds me of one riddle in The Crystal Maze! (Saturday it would be half grown, Sunday fully grown). However, it timed out in front of Granitas before they could answer.
One day you say "Enter Stranger" and big goblin comes in!
Ben5067
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Ben5067 »

lol akash lives rite next to me well not rite rite next to me but near lol, shame he didnt last to long but their ya go lol
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Oh, Akash, Akash, Akash! Along with a certain other team in Series 3, probably the worst quest ever (with no offence to any possible team members reading this!) I did like the way Treguard turned to the camera at one point and said 'This team seem to be hunting for trouble!'! Funny that the answer to riddle 1 wasn't revealed, though, although the creature at the back of the COtC (Corridor Of the Catacombs) looked great. Granitas seemed to have a blue tinge today, for some reason- and I notice I'm not the only one who noticed the similarity with the magic tree riddle and the one asked by Mumsie on TCM a few years later!
Slizergiy
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer
Location: Somewhere bettween Mobius, Earth, and sevrel diffrent realitys!

Post by Slizergiy »

I think that Akash just sucked. They just managed to escape danger and in the end took the plunge after getting no questions right.
All in all, Akash was a complete wazzock!
In the past, I never liked Knightmare, but now, I'm a hard core Knightmare fan with my own Sprite comic to honour this great show.
KNIGHTMARE RULES!
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

My word, what a hoot. :)

Apart from in series 6, this was the only episode to start afresh with a new team (and, conversely, yesterday's episode finishing with a death - only series 1 and 6 feature such an episode). I've heard that the scene with the Troll was added after the Clue Room in order to ensure that the team got one of the riddles correct (the answer was King Cnut - I'm not sure on the spelling). I think they probably messed up the Bomb Room, too, but were allowed to carry on. No offence to the team but their quest is probably the best example of how to mess up the game totally. :)
Subject to change.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Your spelling of Cnut is absolutely perfect, Mal!

Akash is an okay dungeoneer I reckon, but his guides were just completely out of their depth.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

BillyH wrote:Oh, Akash, Akash, Akash! Along with a certain other team in Series 3, probably the worst quest ever (with no offence to any possible team members reading this!)
You're forgetting a certain directionally challenged s4 team there. Yes they did last longer than the other two mentioned but they were still pretty poor.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

the death on the ledge was better...
it looked kinda silly in the 1st season, and instead of having the dungeoneer fall the screen fell...lol Great stuff.
Lilith has got two deaths to her name so fair!

That green monster was odd.. must be the same one we say before in the hole in the wall... could very well be the same one from the 1st season which we never see a close up of.

Pity they didn't allow the team to pass the cup, and pity they didn't allow the wall monster to kill them >:( >:(
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

The green monster is called the toaderdile. It's one of those features that seemed quite scary when I was 13, but it's total immobility is kind of obvious these days.
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

Just watch the overnight version, and I definately agree that they were allowed to redo their quest. It's the only one (as far as I'm aware) that doesn't have the Wheel of Fate, and probably was because the next team hadn't arrived. Could Tim Child confirm this when he's next online (if he remembers).
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
Arcengal
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Arcengal »

Aw, I wanted to catch the riddles they couldn't get. Can someone please post them up (minus the answers)?
4 line sigs yada yada yada
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

They went along these lines...

1. Who tried to turn back the tide?
2. What heavenly body controls the tides?
3. (Used on the Crystal Maze) I planted a plant on Monday, and every day it doubled in height. On Sunday it had finished growing, on what day was it half the final height.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

That third riddle's one of the ones Neil's team were asked, not Akash.

The third one Akash was asked was "Without this machine, roads might as well be footpaths, what is it?"
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

No, I believe that was the second asked, and the one about the heavenly body was the third, so they went along THESE lines:

1. Who tried to turn back the tide?
2. Without this machine, roads might as well be footpaths, what is it?
3. What heavenly body controls the tides?