left.. no right

Purgatory
Knight
Knight

left.. no right

Post by Purgatory »

i just hate it when they dont know their left from their right... did u notice on saturday? the poor guy almost fell off the cliff thanks to his idiotic team mates..LOL

And theirs no need to discribe what the floor looks like, for a start he can see it.  anyway..Its all good fun

and after all them years  that goblin horn has still got it
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: left.. no right

Post by Porsmond »

Well I was watching todays Episode(Series 3 Episode 4) and the first people were stupid, they used an amulet to make them invisible and when they went into the next room, they scared off the goblins and everything was ok, Now all they had to do was simply drop the amulet and leave it(which is what they did, but strangly, they told him to pick it up again) and because they had no sense of direction, they directed him off the cliff, DOH

So Stupid, I dont know why they didnt just drop it, and leave it???? Also the same group almost died in the bomb room in the last episode, they tryed to get him out, but he kept going right too much, and only just got him out in time(the bomb actually exploaded a slpit second before they walked out if you look carefully, however I have a feeling the producers let them off seeing as it was early in the mission.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

LOL they are funny. I love the fact they guide him straight off the cliff- I think they truly thought that was the way out! I also liked their panicking when they first get the bracelet and Hordriss's face appears. One of the advisors tells the dungeoneer to put the bracelet in the knapsack! Yes, eat it, that's a really good idea!
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

lol the new team seem to have things under control,

what was up with one of the last teams dieing from that sword? what did they do wrong? and y did they just stand their.. why didnt they go thow the mine?

also, the falling off the clif was great..LOL,  putting objects in the napsack isnt to bad after all they do it once the eye shiled makes its aperence,

And y do they only find food as the life forse is almost out? they never find it then its not needed, lol
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

what was up with one of the last teams dieing from that sword? what did they do wrong? and y did they just stand their.. why didnt they go thow the mine?
They failed to dispel the DANCE spell they cast on McGrew in the previous room. Treguard said they should have had mercy on him, and that his help could have save them.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

oh i see, i wasnt sure what he was running on about, i still dont see why they just stood their, Oh its all good fun i supose   :D

now gotta what another week to find out what happens next  :P (its just like old times, waiting for the end of the week ready for another ep, at leats we have 2 a week this time)
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

oh i see, i wasnt sure what he was running on about, i still dont see why they just stood their, Oh its all good fun i supose   :D
The first time I watched it I thought it was really obvious that they had to dispel the DANCE spell. But having watched it recently, it's hard to make out what McGrew is saying until they're almost out of the room. I still think they should have heard and acted in time, but as they're from Suffolk they should definitely get the benefit of the doubt. ;)

When you mention that they just stood there, I suppose you mean when the magic sword is attacking them. Well, in fairness they did try to evade it and get nearer the mine cart. But Treguard had told them they couldn't walk down there, and I bet my Festus if they'd somehow managed to get to and sit in the cart it would have gone nowhere and the sword would have finished them off.
Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 14 Jan 2003, 00:16, edited 1 time in total.
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

There was a great moment near the end of Series 4 when one advisor couldn't tell left from right... It was like that scene out of Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail.

Advisor 1: OK, get up from the table and sidestep to your left.

Advisor 2: (Er... right, sir).

Advisor 1: Right.

Advisor 1: Sidestep to your left...

Skull: BONG!

Yes, that's slightly edited(!)
Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Porsmond »

The first time I watched it I thought it was really obvious that they had to dispel the DANCE spell. But having watched it recently, it's hard to make out what McGrew is saying until they're almost out of the room. I still think they should have heard and acted in time, but as they're from Suffolk they should definitely get the benefit of the doubt.  
having watched that episode for a second time, It is quite hard to make out what they really should have done correctly, I mean when they enter McGrew clearly threatens them with his sword, and I thought when they spell casted the Dance Spell, It was the right thing to do.

I think what you said was right in that they should have dispelled the Dance Spell and possibly pick up the sword he was carrying which he dropped, this would have made the group have control over McGrew, and then they could have taken him into the next room where he could have pushed the cart for them to go into Level 3

This is my theory, of course if there was a different way of which they should have done it, then I'm stumped  :-/ :-/
Last edited by Porsmond on 15 Jan 2003, 01:52, edited 1 time in total.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

I think once they'd dispelled he'd have offered to help of his own volition. Characters' moods changed pretty quickly on occasions.
Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 15 Jan 2003, 01:57, edited 1 time in total.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

its not always as simple as it looks, after all were just watching while their gotta deside right then,

On the other hand they did get a lot of clues and stuff,

I always wondered what would happen if they took the left door instead of the right.. i really think whatever door they take they will still get the same room