Series 3 - Episode 6

Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Series 3 - Episode 6

Post by Purgatory »

i cant help but think they sufferd an un fair death, just becuse they got a question wrong  ::)

are they saying u must get everything right or u wont be allowed to win?
Last edited by Drassil on 05 Jan 2011, 18:50, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title adjusted to improve navigation.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: todays ep,

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

are they saying u must get everything right or u wont be allowed to win?
In this case, yes. It's level 3. It's one question. And it wasn't THAT hard a question, to be honest. No-one said the dungeon was easy, especially once you've reached the lower levels.

I personally think Knightmare lost something once most of the questions/riddles were gone- in the clue rooms in partciular. The Level 1 clue room became pointless in later years for those able to listen to and interpret a spyglass scene and read a scroll. At least make them answer a few riddles to get clues. If they fail that, let them guess!
Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 20 Jan 2003, 00:33, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

thats a good point but they cant keep the the same thing over and over,

anyway i recall that the dungeon dude can see things right under him, and others seem to be able to see quite far..isnt he able to see the pits and holes under him? in that case he shood not be stupid enough to walk off,  and do they need to be told to take the food? lol
Dan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Dan »

In this case, yes. It's level 3. It's one question. And it wasn't THAT hard a question, to be honest.
I don't think it would have been that easy for kids of (whatever age they were).  Still, I do wonder if that meant they'd have 'fallen off the cliff' (in exactly the same way as the previous team did, albeit less invisibly) no matter what path they chose, or if it really was just left to chance.

It's a shame that getting a question wrong makes things impossible; it should just made things more difficult (or at least, getting questions right should make things easier in otherwise difficult situations).
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

I don't think it would have been that easy for kids of (whatever age they were).  Still, I do wonder if that meant they'd have 'fallen off the cliff' (in exactly the same way as the previous team did, albeit less invisibly) no matter what path they chose, or if it really was just left to chance.

It's a shame that getting a question wrong makes things impossible; it should just made things more difficult (or at least, getting questions right should make things easier in otherwise difficult situations).
Loads of good points there.

I agree it wouldn't be that easy. I meant it seemed easy compared to some of the riddles in Series 3, which I have to admit to finding slightly perplexing even now. I'm amazed at some of the ones teams got right.

My guess, and it really is that, would be they were doomed whichever path they chose. It's be very interesting to know exactly what the gargoyle would have told them if they'd been correct. Would he have told them the correct way? If so, what use were any of the Level 3 clue objects? I still find it a little confusing. Mogdred said none were of use: surely he couldn't have been telling the truth.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Yes, I think that's good too. I'd still say, however, that if you get one question in Level 3 it should be all or nothing. Get it right, and you stand a good chance of winning. Don't, and you die. I like to see Level 3 as the ultimate testing ground. That's just my taste, of course.

Generally, however, I agree. The way you describe things is pretty much how it worked in Level 1, at least in Series 3. You could usually survive with 2 out of 3 correct answers, you'd just have to think a bit more or be a bit lucky. It perhaps might have been interesting to have something like the following system there:

0 Correct Answers: The monster feeds on you. Yum.
1 Correct Answer: You learn only those pieces of information essential to survival- i.e. what your quest is for, and perhaps step clues, if they're used.
2 Correct Answers: You get the essential information plus clues about which objects to take- not blatant clues, but clues nonetheless. (So still a little less than what teams scoring 3 got.)
3 Correct Answers: The above essential info. and clues (only clues, remember, you'd still need to think a bit). Plus a bonus, perhaps an ENERGY spell or something similar.

Clues from the wall monster could be augmented by a scroll and/or spyglass sequence, but these shouldn't give away the Level's secrets in the way they came to. Teams should still have to think and digest the information they get.
Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 20 Jan 2003, 03:58, edited 1 time in total.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

I sort of agree with you GG, but with one slight modification:

0 correct - din-dins! (as you say)
1 correct - They're allowed to live but are given no info.
2 correct - They're given info about 1 of the objects they should take.
3 correct - They're told about which of the 3 objects they should NOT take (so by process of elimination they take the remaining 2).

The idea is that they figure out how to use the objects when the time comes.
Subject to change.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

another thing is in these early eps the puzzles were never all that hard, wereas in later eps u had your cards, room of blades, Fireball Obstacle and Causeways.

just looking back on this season 3 their wernt any real dangers quite like theses.. not puzzles. they had a lot of questions/riddles and some kind of ugly troll trying to kill them,

when did we get to see the talking trees?
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

Series 4, I think - and very frightening they were, too.
Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!
CedricTheMadMonk
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by CedricTheMadMonk »

In series 2 the team would usually cast a sun spell or otherwise and the stained glass window would shine on the correct path to follow.  The team followed the path that everybody else had followed before.

Pretty sure the Gargoyle would have gifted them the sun spell for this.

By the way, what was the answer to the riddle the gargoyle posed?  The largest ring in the country.  I thought it was the M25!  But I didn't hear what he said.
Dan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Dan »

By the way, what was the answer to the riddle the gargoyle posed?  The largest ring in the country.  I thought it was the M25!  But I didn't hear what he said.
Avebury.  It's the site of a (large!) stone circle.
Dan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Dan »

The team followed the path that everybody else had followed before.
But not, incidentally, the path that the other team in Series 3 who reach the Stained Glass room are taking before they get Morghanna'd.
CedricTheMadMonk
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by CedricTheMadMonk »

Maybe that's why she popped up and killed them...perhaps they didn't have the walking off a cliff graphic ready!!

Although I can't remember what happened before then so they may well have been on the right track.  
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

did u notic how "dark" is all become once the reached level 3 and Morghanna showed up? okay we knew they wernt going to win but it was just waitning for that moment to come, eveything just seemd to change so fast, they were so close
Steve
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Series 3 team 4 (Leo)

Post by Steve »

Have just watched this team die on level 3 in the stained glass window.

Question: Wouldnt the GLORY spell, given to them by mogdred have helped? might have lit the path and led them to that glory.

not only did they not use this spell but treguard didnt mention that it could have helped them.
Any1 else notice this?
Steve

Came, Saw, Mastered, Moved on...