Series 3 - Episodes 8/9/10

Kawaii_Catgirl
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re: Sundays Challenge? Episode

Post by Kawaii_Catgirl »

Hiya everyone :)

I remember now, it was an axe and the previous team had skulls. One was green, I think.

The team before that, though - I'd only just discovered the Challenge repeats, so that was the first ep I saw in a long time, but they chose the wrong path... and they were in Level 3 too! I got slightly annoyed 'cos I thought they'd go the distance.

(BTW, I was never on the programme, just so you know. I was eight years old (or thereabouts) at the time of Series 4, which was my first series.)
"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Hello K.C.!  :)

I was slightly miffed myself when that team took the wrong path and perished. It was such an anti-climax, too! That may be one of series 3's very few weak spots. At least in series 4 there was a decent final encounter. With series 3: "oh dear"...............PLOP!!!
Subject to change.
Kawaii_Catgirl
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Kawaii_Catgirl »

Too many people fell down in S3. I should think Treguard would run out of lines to say after number two:

"Oooh, nasty... I don't think he survived that fall."

"Oooh, nasty... Looks like that drop was fatal."

"Oooh, nasty... uh... he fell down the pit."

:)
"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Porsmond »

Let's see how Kelly and co. do on Saturday. Or, just click around the site and get the same result...  
I am curious to watch this program again, It says they got a perfect score of 3 in the level 1 clue room which would mean they would get a lot of info from the wall monster as to what correct items to take off the table, but then it says they die early because they didnt take a crayon to draw on a piece of paper to make a well appear. But this is what I cant work out, If they got a perfect score, wouldnt the wall monster have given them a hint to take the crayon??
Oh well, I will watch the episode again saturday and see what happened then i guess
Last edited by Porsmond on 29 Jan 2003, 00:40, edited 1 time in total.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

well the current team dont look to smart, okay they have onlt rolled the dice but they kept flapping around
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

LOL flappy dungeoneers make me laugh!!! ;D
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

lol u know what i meen  ;)
WhiteFloatingSkull
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Sat - 1 Feb 'Team Death'

Post by WhiteFloatingSkull »

Mwahahaha...

So they missed the crayon and suffered the wrath of the Ogre. Do you know the only things I've got to say about that?

That's right - the FATAL TWO WORDS OF DOOM!!!!

'Ooooh, NASTY.'

Floating skull + 1 Ogre + No way out = -1 dungeoneer...

There's a Formula that even I can work out properly, Heh heh.

{Oh, and GO all you SKULLS!!!}
WoOOo, I am the floating Skull - bite my shiny cranium!!!
It still waits.
dragonfollower
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by dragonfollower »

Man,he would have done it to the end if he hadn't have carried on. GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!! >:(
dragonfollower
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by dragonfollower »

haha that's funny ;D
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I am curious to watch this program again, It says they got a perfect score of 3 in the level 1 clue room which would mean they would get a lot of info from the wall monster as to what correct items to take off the table[...]
Yep, in this case the Series Guide is incorrect. Their score with Golgarach is 2, not 3, and so they don't get a hint to take the crayon.

And Golgarach proves he does indeed have a sense of humour with his last riddle. After the other two, I suppose they thought there was some clever way in which a saucer of water was indeed deeper than the ocean. I'd forgotten quite how dire they were. The only real moment of enthusiasm is when the adviser in the middle violently scribbles on her pad just before Treguard dismisses them! I was thinking "It's a bit late to care now, dear". And for heaven's sake, telling the Dungeoneer to go take the exit in front of her when it's several feet in front of her behind a table and she's got a bloody helmet on, I mean... And then not even taking that most obvious of exits! And did I hear one of them describe Velda as "Indian"?  

Heh, my hubbie taught them, though, dearie. When you see him in action like that I'm sure you understand why I married him.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

i knew they would not last, who takes the fools gold LOL, also even with the pen would they have got enough time to do whatever they had to do? or maybe that goblin dude would have never enterd the room.

As for the next buch of "people" they took the wrong door but still got the shiled quest with no probles..i told u it doesnt matter on wich door to take.
AND do the tunnles really speed up the quest? to get though each level?
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

i knew they would not last, who takes the fools gold LOL, also even with the pen would they have got enough time to do whatever they had to do? or maybe that goblin dude would have never enterd the room.

As for the next buch of "people" they took the wrong door but still got the shiled quest with no probles..i told u it doesnt matter on wich door to take.
AND do the tunnles really speed up the quest? to get though each level?
1. I'm sure they'd have had enough time.
2. The goblin dude is really an Ogre, aka Mr. Grimwold.
3. The "next bunch" (sic.) who you say take the wrong door are still the previous team. The next team took the correct door to Quest for the Crown.
4. It could matter which door they take. The team who take the wrong door get a bomb room afterwards- perhaps if they'd taken the correct door they'd have saved themselves the bother.
5. I don't think the tunnels really speed things up; they just provide a bit of atmosphere. :)
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

so the team died in a bomb room because they didnt take a glove, yet there was 2 doors they could have used and if the dungeon master didnt explane to them about the glove they could have had enough time to get out.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Without the glove they were doomed however long it took Treguard to say his piece.