Series 4 Episode 7

Post by Leggy1210 »

"Side-foot to your right...!"
Lowebo
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Series 4, ep7 - discuss!

Post by Lowebo »

Did anyone else have a little laugh when "Seimon" came in (block and tackle!)?? Especially when Treguard had a go at his weight??
  Oh,and with the girls team before, does anyone else think they were given two chances with ariadne? the eggtimer could have slowed her, and the spell from merlin would have saved them? Unlucky i thought, the advisor with glasses was good!
One time willowthewisp... Never in the shadows.
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Re: Series 4 Episode 7

Post by Pickle123 »

cheers mate, i'll Dw/ld it later when i get home from pub and put my thoughts up later ;)
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
Dan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Dan »

Hmm.  I guess someone at Knightmare Headquarters decided that dropping the "riddles" for feeble true or false questions made the "testing" by the doors too easy, because now you can only get them right by being wrong...

"The first word in most dictionaries is Aardvark - True or False?"

Now... not only is it not suitable at all to have a 'true or false' question that has the word "most" in it, but the door is expecting the wrong answer ("True").  The first word in all dictionaries I've seen, including 'young persons' ones at school, is simply "a".

It was cute that the girls thought 1) that it was spelt ar..., and 2) that one of them thought an aardvark was a bird. ;-)

Having said that, Merlin (oh, how we miss the Merlin of old) had a great riddle - simple, and the team should've got it (especially considering one of them mentioned it).  Nice to see a bit of series 3-style ruthlessness in the team's dispatch; although how she managed to say 'which way' whilst being eaten and why there was the noise that's usually made when dungeoneers move between rooms, who knows.  Looks a bit like it was filmed with the dungeoneer escaping, but then edited to 'freeze' the video and kill the team off.  Most odd.

Knice bone crunching sounds from Ariadne, though. ;-)
Last edited by Dan on 08 Jun 2003, 23:30, edited 1 time in total.
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Series 4, ep7 - discuss!

Post by Porsmond »

Oh,and with the girls team before, does anyone else think they were given two chances with ariadne? the eggtimer could have slowed her, and the spell from merlin would have saved them? Unlucky i thought, the advisor with glasses was good!  
Possibily, but I think they done the right thing as they would have needed the silver bar to pay the boatman to cross the moat.
Maybe the eggtimer could have worked and then they could have picked up a gold/silver bar in ariadne lair which did happen before. However Treguard never mentioned that the eggtimer would have worked as well so I dont know really??
However it still seems unfair, Merlin said they would have needed magic to get further and when they didnt get it, why did they let them continue if they knew they would die.

Also was'nt it funny in the second weeping door room, she kept walking forwards and almost stepped over the edge. It was only a bit of luck that one of them said Stop, he he

Looking forward to Mondays Episode though, its got one of the best death scenes ever :)
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

"side step..." makes the welsh infamous forever, and as a welshmen myself i'd just like to say i have a brilliant ( ::)) sense of direction ;D

it seemed really harsh the way

a) mellisanda did nothing for them when they got her out of stocks and

b) mellisanda did nothing for them hen they gave up one of their clue objects :o

i mean, gundrada took the necklace before the team chose why couldn't she ask for the rope there and then. at least they would have gotten the egg timer then and probably had a chance with ariadne

and yes, treguard "not a starving traveller" i thought that was almost a bit too harsh for kids...i mean the guy's probably got a complex now or somthing ;D

Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

roffle, the other topic has some interesting points about harsh trapped over-taxing maidens.

bleh, i spose it depends on the definition of a word...if its "a string of letters joined together to form..etc" then a is excluded by being one letter. gah, i aint too sure. Aadvark must at least be the first noun in the dictionary ::)

edit - what i found funny was the advisors even entertaining the idea that they'd been asked for the first BIRD in the dictionary :D
Last edited by Pickle123 on 09 Jun 2003, 05:18, edited 1 time in total.

Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

Does anyone else think Nicky's team were a bit slow making decisions? Not a complaint, just an observation!

Liked the Motley bit - I remember it vaguely from when it was on CITV all those years ago.

Mellisandre stuck in the stocks - I think she was being lazy, after all, they weren't locked! She could've just leant over and lifted it up herself! I thought she'd have given Nicky a bit more help, after all, Nicky freed her from the unlocked stocks and then gave her the rope to get out of Level 2 (she could've just picked it up from the table herself). And what help did she give? Nothing! Tut-tut, Melly!  

Merlin's riddle - it didn't take long for me to come up with the answer. One of the team got it right, but sadly she was overruled by the other girls who couldn't decide what it was (again).

Ariadne's lair - I thought perhaps that the egg-timer would've frozen Ariadne as an alternative to Merlin's spell, but if Merlin said the spell was the only way to get past, then maybe it was just a red herring object. I liked the way Ariadne scuttled over Nicky, probably flattening her in the process. But where was Treguard's "Ooh...nasty!" comment? I haven't heard it so far this series.

Ahh...Team 4 with the legendary Simon! Noticed Treguard's little quip about Simon being plump and I admit I laughed - I didn't expect that! I'm still surprised at how strong their Welsh accents are - especially the Andrew on the left! I like their accents though - so don't be offended Pickle! And tomorrow..."Simon! Side step to your left!" Classic!  :D
Last edited by Velda on 09 Jun 2003, 13:34, edited 1 time in total.
beamrider2600
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by beamrider2600 »

I think team 3 were a bit unfairly treated - but then, they were the WORST team I've ever seen!

One word, "aardvark" - anyone remember this? The question was "aardvark is the first word in most dictionaries, true or false?".

Well, they spent AGES debaiting it. They argued extensivly about whether an aardvark was a bird or not. Then they came to the conclusion that it wasn't the first word because its spelled "ar"! I was hoping that the celing would crush them right there.

This was also the team who:
-weren't going to take the eye-shield
-thought the gold bar was a box
-thought they could only take one more item becuase they took the food - obviously didn't read the rules!! ;D

I thought they were just pathetic!

BUT, in their defense they were quite unfairly treated. "aardvark" ISN'T infact the first word in most dictionaries because most dictionaries aren't in English. They didn't get anything for giving that rope away either - although maybe they would be helped later on in level 3 prehaps? You usually get rewarded in KM for helping good people.
..........................lets go ride some BEAMS!!
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

this next episode (8) will also be the one where for the first and only time pickle enters the dungeon! :o
this is special for me because, as some of you know, i was so young and it was such a one off occurance that it stuck in my mind and i believed id dreamed it (coz the assistants and treguard *NEVER* enter the dungeon)

so basicly, huge nostalgia coming up for me :)

edit - here infact is the convo i had...

http://www.knightmare.info/forum/yabb/Y ... ;start=1#1
Last edited by Pickle123 on 09 Jun 2003, 16:26, edited 1 time in total.

Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Porsmond »

so don't be offended Pickle! And tomorrow..."Simon! Side step to your left!" Classic!  
YES, I cant wait for this, I actually thought this moment was going to be in todays episode but obviously it was'nt. I cant wait to view it on TV tomorrow.
Merlin's riddle - it didn't take long for me to come up with the answer. One of the team got it right, but sadly she was overruled by the other girls who couldn't decide what it was (again).  
It was quite funny when one of the girls kinda mentioned the right answer and was overruled by the others until one of them said Could it be Water(Water?????what kind of an answer is that) I knew it was Hibernation straight away as it was a really easy question. I couldnt believe they didnt know.
Kawaii_Catgirl
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

My editorial on recent episodes

Post by Kawaii_Catgirl »

It's becoming steadily apparant to me that most KM teams didn't do their homework when it comes to playing the game. Last night's episode, and (once again) Treguard's words cemented this for me.

"More luck than judgement, I think."

Nicky's team proved this point admirably. Their method of defeat was, admittedly, the same as Martin's (S3 Team 11) - answer one question wrong, and you're all but dead - but they weren't the best of teams to begin with. They had the good fortune of having a time-out at the start of their quest (repeated with Simon's team), which meant that we could view most of their quest in a single episode. However, they spent the entirety episode pottering through Level 1.

For starters, her walking speed after Dooris was abysmal. Even when she was told to move quicker, she didn't speed up. There were communications problems with Alistair's team in the previous episode, which leads me to believe that either the Helmet of Justice's audio system is a little faulty, or the crew have purposefully turned it's volume down. Far be it for me to suggest foul play by Broadsword, but it is a possibility.

Back to questions again. 2 out of 3 on both Dooris and Doorkis isn't bad, but it's not the best of the series - considering the S4 wall monsters are far tamer than Golgarach or Brangwen of S3. I think the crew have overcompensated somewhat by the inclusion of a potential five question-sessions (the three door monsters, plus Oakley and Merlin), as it tends to drag the quests on.

They did get a few concessions, though. The Block and Tackle was navigated with the greatest of ease, Fatilla the Hun was sent off with "a single measley bar of gold", and they were even let off being squashed by the falling ceiling after Doorkis's question-session - if you look, she's got at least three steps to go before the door. As this came after Merlin's question, it makes me wonder why they did this, instead of once again dragging the quest on 'till Ariadne and letting Pickle say his piece about the forest, wasting more time.

Once more, to the questions - and this time the sound system in the chamber is malfunctioning! What were they thinking, "Aardvark isn't a bird"? There's no way Doorkis could have said "The first bird in the alphabet is the aardvark", because that wouldn't have made much sense. Granted, you could apply some meaning to it, but it was clear to me that he actually said "word". Treguard even corrected them, but still they went on debating whether aardvarks could fly or not! But it's a moot point, seeing as they obviously didn't know that aardvark is spelt with two A's, and would've answered False regardless.

Merlin's question, however, was deceptive. The team had the right idea with 'hibernation', but the wording of the question made it seem like he was asking for a specific animal, and not just the term. Whoever writes the questions should make their meaning clearer, to avoid slip-ups like that. Although, "water" takes the cake as far as guessed answers go.

And finally, Ariadne and the food in her lair. I'm not about to discuss how the food came to be laying there on a tree-stump, but rather - could they have survived without it? Life force was shown to be in condition red when they were killed, but do bear in mind that no team has ever died due to their life force simply 'running out'. Which brings me neatly back to my first point - that the team didn't do their homework. Had they studied past episodes of KM (including their predecessor's quest, which I believe they're allowed to watch), they would have known about my point about the life force.

Phew - I'm all out of editorial...
"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Re: My editorial on recent episodes

Post by Pickle123 »

if you're suggesting they should just ignore the food and trust they *couldn't* die from life force running out i'd say they had the right idea to go for the food.

sure, whenever they are near critical life force food always seems to show up but ignoring the chance is just asking to be killed by life force running out ;D

i mean, it's occasionally been one of the specif challenges to beat the life force (reversing poisen, stepping under water drops...etc) rather than pick up obvious food or hurry onwards

Dan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Dan »

They would've been killed off no matter what they did.  From the second they got Merlin's question wrong they were going to be killed by Ariadne - there's no cheating death by running, in much the same way as Martin in series 3 couldn't have just run quickly out of the stained glass window room when Morghanna appeared.

Losing teams aren't allowed to win. ;-)
SrWilson3S
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by SrWilson3S »

I was the same yesterday as I was 13 years ago I was DELIGHTED when the team got the riddle wrong because then I knew they were gonna die to Ariadne and im a big fan of hers and always wanted to see her get someone in S4. :)