Series 4 Episode 7

WhiteFloatingSkull
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

As a Floating White Skull myself...

Post by WhiteFloatingSkull »

I have to say that we were ALWAYS ready to dispose of failing dungeoneers. It's just that they were always too ready to implement new and unusual ways to kill 'em before ever turning to a more reliable source of death...

If you could have seen the amount of us poor, unused Skulls out back watching as some whippersnapper-designed 'Hall of blades' or even a 'Causeway' eliminated some hapless dungeoneer who could EASILY have been dispatched via a solitary Skull.

BAH, I say...BAH.  :-*
WoOOo, I am the floating Skull - bite my shiny cranium!!!
It still waits.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: My editorial on recent episodes

Post by Emii »

Bah, indeed
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Greetings, well-fed traveller

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Anyway, I've been lurking in the background for too long and my mistress Grimaldine finally decided to let me out.

Look, Festus, just don't bite anyone. Start chewing the other posters here and it's back on with the leash.
Raaaaaaaaah!
Shurrup, Festus! Good boys!

[Methinks there was was a welcome in there somewhere. :D ]
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Re: Greetings, well-fed traveller

Post by Snowwiewolf »

Gives a bone to Festus
"Here I was saving it for later, but I think youd need it more..."
I'm an alien, you're a berry picker!
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Re:Series 4 Episode 7

Post by TheBrollachan »

Dug this out for tonight
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
Tom41
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Tom41 »

Motley sprinkled some 'grow-me-quick' powder on Nikki to get her back to normal size. Apparently, Merlin left it lying around in his study ;)

Next, the wellway room, with some food on the wellway steps. Oddly, Treguard didn't say anything about the life force getting low. Then one of those floating skulls appeared, and they just managed to get down the wellway in time!

Entered Level 2, in the room where the previous team encountered Gundrada. Instead, Mellisandre was in the stocks (with her feet this time), and Nikki helped her out. It looked like the holes were big enough for Mellisandre to get her feet out by herself though ;) Mellisandre accompanied Nikki out of the room.

In another room, goblins approached - but Gundrada rushed in and scared the goblins away! Gundrada snatched the necklace from the table, and Nikki took the rope and the silver bar (leaving the hourglass)
Then Mellisandra asked for the rope so she could get back to Level 1. Nikki gave her the rope, but oddly enough Mellisandre didn't offer anything in return!

Then navigated very well through the Block and Tackle!

In the next room, there was a man in the stocks (noticing a pattern here?), who turned out to be Merlin when he was freed! He set the team a riddle, but they got it wrong so didn't get any magic in return. I heard one of the advisers say the right answer (hibernation), but the team didn't go with it!

They encountered the Level 2 door monster (Doorkis), and had to remember the calling! Unusually, Doorkis didn't appear on the door until they actually did the calling. Scored 2/3 on the riddles - didn't understand the 'aardvark is the first word in most dictionaries' one. The drawbridge opened, and as they went over it the ceiling started to lower - the only time this happened in this series!

In the eye-shield sequence, a flashing light (a guide) appeared. They told the dungeoneer to 'follow it' when it was clear that she couldn't actually see the eye-shield view! Just escaped from Ariadne and into the hole into the tree.

Then died in Ariadne's Lair, since they didn't have the magic from Merlin to escape from her - Ooh, Nasty! First use this series of the transparent-background Life Force Death - knice.

Now it's Simon's team, and I'm sure we all know how they die =P. Won't happen until next episode at least though. Chose the 'sword' quest, but timed out in front of Dooris. View of the transporter pad room over the credits.
One day you say "Enter Stranger" and big goblin comes in!
HarveyTowers
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by HarveyTowers »

Motley uses “Grow-Me-Quick” Fertiliser on the dungeoneer – he looks like he’s a bit bigger to.

Down the wellway onto a table (always fun) and met Mellisandre and Gundrana.

Helped Mellie again by giving her the rope that could get her back into level 1.

Through the Block and Tackle easily before meeting someone else in the stocks – Merlin this time.

Onto door 2 – and the “Aardvark Incident” (they took getting things wrong worse than the doors!) Production team used a falling ceiling to hurry them up.

The “starving traveller” joke was a bit to the bone – or not as the case may be?

The next team had a choice of the sword and the cup but went for the sword and moved onto door 1 and timed out.

“Time gentleman please”

End credits showed the transporter pads – the knight was getting a bit tired
Good night out there; whatever you are!
Core
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Core »

Hi ya, your link isnt working properly, can you let me know once the link is back on again?

Cheers.

Core
Goblin Fodder!
Eli
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Eli »

Treguard's comment was a bit harsh. I felt guilty for laughing ;D

I wonder if Hugo felt guilty at all after making it. Would Simon have heard?
Core
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Core »

U know Treguard,

He can always moan about something. could of been worse if he was my own daddy lol.

As for Pickle i wonder hee hee
Goblin Fodder!
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Look forward to tomorrow quest, which I wont be able to see until Friday morning's repeat. Two teams so far have managed to easily get through the B&T and we've only seen the Blades once which claimed a victim. Anyway one of the scariest death sequences today. The question is which is more scary? Seeing Nicky being munched and crunced by a giant arachnid or watching the film Arachniphobia (not that I've ever watched the film). They were quick at guiding Nicky out of the forest, without any warning (unless I missed it) from Treguard. They were slow at directing Nicky to the stump and out of where Ariadne's Lair is, even though Pickle was trying to give warnings. Too late when they tried to guide Nicky out and were screaming due to panicking. Onto Si-mon and his directionally challenged advisors, although they've seemed okay so far but then again we've only seen Simon get through the Place of Choice so far though.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Core
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Core »

I just missed that episode tonght, would of been so much fun watching Nicky getting the spiders dinner, oh well. Lets see how the next dungerneer gets on. Hee hee
Goblin Fodder!
Dan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Dan »

Core wrote: I just missed that episode tonght, would of been so much fun watching Nicky getting the spiders dinner, oh well. Lets see how the next dungerneer gets on. Hee hee
Here you go:

http://www.furry.co.uk/Team3death.wmv (4.5MB or so, 1min34)

I'm not sure what the cameraman was on in the shot from behind the advisors just after the dungeoneer enters the interior section of the lair; it goes down, then up, and then gradually steps downwards for no apparent reason. Maybe it was on a loose stand or something ;-)

Knice crunching noises, too.
Last edited by Anonymous on 12 Aug 2004, 01:37, edited 1 time in total.
dontyoulikemypie
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by dontyoulikemypie »

Great stuff, a great team for messing things up, which is as good to watch as a team winning through imo!
Tight-fisted maidens in shoddy stocks, aardvark bird creatures, the brilliant lowering ceiling in the door monster room which seemed to actually get them somehow, ariadne cracking their skull open! All top-notch. Roll on SAI-MONN's block and tackle!
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

CITV introduction for this episode available on Knightmare.com. Hordriss is coming into the studio on Monday, says Scallly. Why? Find out in the next episode thread.

Mellisandre finally appears (almost halfway through the series), stuck in a Thing That Constrains People. They let her free and she proves to be absolutely no help whatsoever - she hides from the goblins, has them give the rope to her with nothing in return, and leaves! There doesn't seem to be any good reason why she was set free, seems like the crew realised Mellisandre hadn't been in it yet so just threw her into this episode.

Meanwhile, Merlin's...stuck in a Thing That Constrains People. But here he seems to relapse back into some sort of sanity, as he actually asks them a riddle. Which they get wrong. I thought the "Lose the riddle, you die" stuff went out in Series 3, but looks like it's returned. Good old Merlin!

"The first word in most dictionaries is Aardvark. True or False?" quoth Doorkis. That's word, not bird. Or 'former CBBC presenter', but the team mess it up anyway. Doorkis redeems himself a bit by somehow making the ceiling fall, seemingly just so he can have a laugh.

So the team have indeed died by failing to answer a riddle! Unlikely the spell would have been HIBERNATION, though...I'm guessing it was SLEEP.

And we begin Simon's quest. Tee hee, I wonder what's going to happen to them, etc.
Last edited by Billy on 13 Feb 2006, 09:22, edited 1 time in total.