Series 4 Episode 8

GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Series 4 Episode 8

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Oh Grimaldine Thanks so much! You're the first person to reply to one of my messages and its made me feel so welcome!, ooh us Knightmare watchers are such a lovely bunch! Ok I'll stop now - less you think i'll start stalking you.

And the on the subject of Postman Pat characters, it's the guy with the really high voice - hard to miss hehe!
I just listened again and think I see where you're coming from on the Postman Pat thing. Now we just need to get Challenge? to show Postman Pat as well so we can check it... Okay, maybe not.  

And many welcomes to our little corner of existence. I think most of us know what it can be like when you go for a while without getting any message replies. Not that my tortured mind has ever dreamt up an idea like "They've all decided that if they ignore me I might go away", of course. :P Well, not recently, anyhow.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Dan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Dan »

Not that my tortured mind has ever dreamt up an idea like "They've all decided that if they ignore me I might go away", of course. :P Well, not recently, anyhow.
Are you still here?

;D

And hello and welcome, RoxxAatherton ;-)
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

By GG

Yep, there was a set of letters in S3 too, in much the same fashion. The letters in the S4 competition read "name her blade". Watching kidsies would have learnt Gundrada's sword was called SLASH, of course.
did you read my post at all *non-existant cry smilie*

edit - oh, and hi roxxy meh dear ;)
Last edited by Pickle123 on 11 Jun 2003, 02:11, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

did you read my post at all *non-existant cry smilie*
Festus wrote that post under my name. I shall reprimand him for it accordingly, dearie, and order him to post under his own name in future.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

lol ;D

if you weren't a bloke i'd kiss you for such quality humour  GG...infact!!! Image
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Easy quest. Current team

Post by Purgatory »

Um.. can't believe how easy its been they have had so much help.  
>:(

And how on earth did Pikie get into the woods so fast?
It takes more than a 2 minutes to get past that stupid Door.

And the Blades in level 2? something must be wrong.

Anyway gotta love the way Simon doesn't know what sword to pick up..LOL
Last edited by Anonymous on 12 Jul 2003, 04:04, edited 1 time in total.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
SrWilson3S
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Easy quest. Current team

Post by SrWilson3S »

Don't worry theyll be gone tomorrow "Simon sidestep to your left" ;D!
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

Oh its them...  ;D

i never saw that bit last time round, i missed the 1st couple of minutes  ::)
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
WhiteDevil
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WhiteDevil »

gotta agree with Tregaurd, that team were never any good at manoeuvring... Classic death, and i think one of your favourites Steve  ;D

That team did have it easy, but they fell (literally) at the Block and Tackle. Would this team have stood a chance if they met Ariadne?
Those Who Live In The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It
SrWilson3S
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by SrWilson3S »

Yep its a fave death of mine whitedevil.
As for Ariadne I think they would have lived since they got a Joker card from Brother mace and I would assume thats what they would have used for her kinda like Giles team did with the Joker card.
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Re:Series 4 Episode 8

Post by TheBrollachan »

bumping thread for tonight.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
Tom41
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Tom41 »

Today there was an electrical storm while this episode was on, so my recording has a bit of digital noise and skipped frames caused by interference from lightning strikes coming into the digital cable TV box.

The team had only just started when resumed from time-out. Only 2 minutes down the path, according to the info bar!

This episode seems to have various letters appearing in the rooms, probably something like the CITV competition in the previous series. This time, there was no sound effect to signify the letters appearing - so you had to look carefully!

Dooris sounded different in this episode - perhaps a female person doing it this time? The team only scored 1/3 on the true/false riddles, but the door still opened!

Encountered Merith in the eye-shield room, but she was dressed as an old crone sweeping the floor. Spoke rather like Mildread from the first two series, but with a different voice ;)
Merith requested them to retrieve a leather-bound book for her in exchange for the eye-shield.
"Simon, side-step to your left!" in this room... oh, how that phrase will become famous later on =P

Through an eye-shield sequence into the forest clearing. Oddly enough, Fatilla the Hun appeared in this area, and they didn't have any items to give him! However, a Knightmare first (and last) - PICKLE actually came into the forest clearing and talked Fatilla out of attacking SImon! Treguard wasn't too pleased with Pickle coming into the dungeon, and ordered him back straight away!
Shame that the ad break came at the end of this scene, I was hoping to make a video capture of it.

In the next area, Oakley's glen, Fatilla thought to himself that Simon wasn't a 'forager' as Pickle said. But then Oakley appeared and frightened Fatilla off!
Another unusual situation here. After convincing Oakley that Simon wasn't a theif, he just allowed Simon to leave and take any items he wanted - without a question session first! Also Oakley gave information on each of the 3 items. They decided to take the horn and the hourglass.

They blew the horn to scare off the goblins guarding the entrance to the Fortress of Doom. Sounded like a modified version of the goblin hunting horn ;)

Next room contained a wellway, but guarded by a huge lizard thing! They had to turn over the hourglass and set it down to temporarily freeze the lizard so they could get into the well!

Pretty short Fortress of Doom, if you ask me ;)

In Level 2, encountered Gundrada in the stocks. Gave her water (which was on the table) and let her out. Gundrada gave them food and then accompanied Simon out of the room, requesting that they try and get back her sword.

Hordriss was in the next room, which also contained the entrance to the conveyor belt corridor. Gundrada asked Simon to go and retrieve the sword from the 'lost property' office. Hordriss asked for the name of the sword, and Gundrada tried to write the letters of the name (SLASH) in the air without being seen by Hordriss ;)

Escaped together into the conveyor corridor, which happened to be the Corridor of Blades! This time though, Gundrada guided Simon away from all the blades.

In the next room, a goblin hunting party approached, and Gundrada got ready to fight them off - but timed out right there! Prototype intro thing used under the credits again.
One day you say "Enter Stranger" and big goblin comes in!
Dan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Dan »

The Brollachan wrote: bumping thread for tonight.
Will you stop doing that unless you're going to add your own views on the episode, please? It's just as annoying as the people rushing to post new threads on the episodes, which got ridiculous.

Onto the episode itself, and the only thing that really sticks in my mind is what an absurdly easy ride Simon's team had through the dungeon. For all the people who've complained that Knightmare was too harsh on occasions, here's proof that the production team are just as capable of going too far the other way! :)
Last edited by Anonymous on 12 Aug 2004, 21:05, edited 1 time in total.
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

The only reason I've been bumping threads is because otherwise duplicate threads appear - and there already are duplicate threads for this series.

Anyway onto the episode... ...I lost track of what the letters spelt, but they must be something to do with CITV. Interesting seeing Pickle appearing in the forests. Have to admit it suprised me especially as we last saw him behind the advisors, would have been good seeing him disappear through the portal (in the anti-chamber). Was this a one-off event? Still Pickle fitted in with the wooded surroundings.
Last edited by TheBrollachan on 13 Aug 2004, 10:54, edited 1 time in total.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

As stated on the FAQ, bumping threads should be avoided. If there are duplicate threads, let me know and I can merge them.
Last edited by Anonymous on 12 Aug 2004, 22:16, edited 1 time in total.
You're on the edge of a ledge...