Series 5 Episode 2

GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Series 5 Episode 2

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

All thoughts welcome, as per usual. :)
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
WhiteDevil
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Series 5 Episode 2

Post by WhiteDevil »

I think the girls were very unlucky on the causeway, it looked to be half a step out of place and they fell off.. Whereas in Series 4, Team 2 made a whole foot out of place and lived.. Go figure...

Scarkill seems cool, and of course Lord Fear again  ;D  All in all a better episode than 1, but things can still get better...
Those Who Live In The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Indeed, the debut of Scarkill and Pixel and the first team death. Things are warming up a fair bit, now.
Subject to change.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

It just goes to show how tough the causeway can be.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
SrWilson3S
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by SrWilson3S »

I think the girls were very unlucky on the causeway, it looked to be half a step out of place and they fell off.. Whereas in Series 4, Team 2 made a whole foot out of place and lived.. Go figure...

Scarkill seems cool, and of course Lord Fear again  ;D  All in all a better episode than 1, but things can still get better...
LOL you say the girls were unlucky LOL you couldnt wait for em to be killed off coz you thought like me they were a bunch of drips.
;D
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

a causeway in level one?  Its already become twice as hard as the 1st team lol.

seems fair more better now than the 1st episode.

But what was all that talking about the difference between level 1 and 2?

And Pikle telling us all to Bog off was pretty amuseing.

But the Current team don't seem to clever the situation with the clue objects they seemd alittle bit dippy. but they did however do the causeway and wasted no time on Lord Fear.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I still thought it was a bit slow, but obviously better than the first episode. I don't like all the passive paths, and it seems to take a bit long to get each episode moving. I much preferred the shorter episode introductions of the early series, although I suppose when the show was only on weekly and being watched by brats a reminder wasn't such a bad thing. It also seems to take ages to set up new quests. I guess I just like seeing actual gameplay.

I was surprised at how good the effects for Pixel were, and Rayner Bourtons reactions were just perfect.

I have to agree with what someone said in the Episode 1 thread about preferring the causeways with the timer. I also thought how the causeways could work well in the new KM as a puzzle. If the dungeoneer can see, you can just make the blocks disappear a bit faster. It's still an interesting puzzle when you have to work out the pattern and follow it, complete with cases when you're not quite sure what the next step in the pattern is. (Same thing is true for Play Your Cards Right, as I mentioned elsewhere.)

Anyone else notice that Team 2's attempt at the Rock/Scissors/Paper Causeway was rather heavily edited? Lots of stuff was evidently cut from it.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Elita
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Elita »

Well, good bloody riddance to the first team! They got on my nerves. And they were SO slow on the causeway! If they'd been timed... well, they'd have been killed off even faster!

It's probably no surprise, but I really like Pixel. Agressive little pixie, isn't she? And is it me, or does Sylvester Hands seem a lot more intelligent than he does in later series?
"Gentlemen! Please! You can fight like itsy bitsy babies later. Right now we have adult name-calling and mud-slinging to attend to."
- Dr. Nightmare, Attorney at Law
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Had a bad day Elita?  :o

Team 1 were unlucky they didn't take much of a step to the right. Still, I was quite amazed how fast she fell and the sound effects as she hit the bottom were also good.  :)

Meantime it's up to team 2, but yet, it isn't going to happen is it?  >:(

I do believe the causeways are very much tense. I was on the edge of my chair when team 2 approached the rock, paper and scissors causeway...  :o

Yes, Series 5 is going to be good... Can't wait to see Ben and crew in action...  ;D
Last edited by Fidjit on 23 Oct 2003, 12:20, edited 1 time in total.
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

team 1 were awful, sorry but they didnt have a clue what to do and virtually everything they did they were helped on. No wonder they ended up  :-*  Team 2 seem slightly better but they got quite confused on the clue objects all in all an interesting second episode
WhiteDevil
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WhiteDevil »

LOL you say the girls were unlucky LOL you couldnt wait for em to be killed off coz you thought like me they were a bunch of drips.
;D
Its gotta look like ive got some emotion  :D
Those Who Live In The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It
SrWilson3S
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by SrWilson3S »

Team 2 are kinda cool yah but their own haste kinda screws em over in the end - No spoiler here because I know people here havent seen series 5 before but I just want to let you people know just make damn sure you see the beggining of episode 4  its such a priceless moment.  ;D
KaM
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by KaM »

Ah, but sir.. it was pure imagination - great stuff. :) I know how wild imagination can be at this time of year; surely they felt it too.

I love the little sketch when it arrives as well - like a vortex. Wonderful stuff. Doesn't nobody ask goblins if they wanted a present; left that novelty to S3? Or is the buck just passed on to the grubby humans about them?
Knightmarian. alphavillean. Marvellian.
BelladonnaSilver
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

>:(Re: Series 5 Episode 2

Post by BelladonnaSilver »

My brother taped it for and missed the first 10 minutes  >:(  it wasn't his fault though and the video is all jumpy and the sound is rubbish so I only caught bits of it. I agree with Grimaldine that it was slow again. In previous series the team seemed to have a few seconds it seem to do things, get things etc before something happened. Now either the teams have been deprived of all the E colourings and sugary drinks and seem really dosy and just chat for about 5 minutes deciding the most obvious things. With the sound off I was imagining what they were saying..

"Should we go right or walk off the ledge?"
"hmm, what d'you think? (to dungeoneer)"
"I dunno, ledge maybe"
"Hmm, (makes a note) I'd say....go....right I think"
"Are you sure?"
"actually...."

OK you get the idea, I always thought Knightmare was quick and puzzles had to be solved quickly. The whole idea of Treguard always going on about life force. This series is slow.
I did love Pickle's 'Bog off' comment, that made me laugh. :D
Belladonna and Aconite, give to me the gift of flight...
Leggy1210
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Leggy1210 »

Episode 2 (finally) posted...!
"Side-foot to your right...!"