Series 5 episode....urgh

Arcengal
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Series 5 episode....urgh

Post by Arcengal »

Whatever episode it is, knock yourself out.
4 line sigs yada yada yada
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Series 5 episode....urgh

Post by Malefact »

I think you're being rather unfair. I've already put forward my arguements for series 5 in that it's more or less the prototype for the latter-day format which only seems less good because of all the additional tweaking that was done later. I remember seeing the trailer for series 6 and being extremely excited. Why would this be the case unless I had really enjoyed series 5?
Subject to change.
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Snowcat »

Ye lucky sods!!! >:(

At least you can watch the repeats.... Me no got Sky or anyone willing to tape for me. I'd ask someone round here like the old trading days but I don't wanna ruin any possible DVD/VHS release...

*quietly praying that rumours of s5 repeat in December are true*
:-[

AJK
There are but 2 rules in this realm:-
1) He who sees first is the winner...
2) He who is seen first is toast...
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Ooh Harsh words Snowcat!  :o

Epi five is great, I can't wait to see it tonight at six...
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Snowcat »

humph....  :(

enjoy......

* NOW he's in a bad mood Motley *

Me no like missing out on da good stuff.  ???

AJK
There are but 2 rules in this realm:-
1) He who sees first is the winner...
2) He who is seen first is toast...
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

In any case, Friday's episode is one of the best ever, imo. :)
Subject to change.
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

S5 isnt that bad. Its not the best but its still KM and I think saying that is too negative. Dont like it then dont watch it but at least you have the chance to, I feel sorry for anyone without Sky. I know what its like!
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

Some of the teams so far have been extremely slow and although I enjoy the scenery through the Eye Shield I think there's a tad too much.  Also Lord Fear isn't his usual funny self because at this point he's just being bad.

But apart from that I'm enjoying S5.  Yes it isn't as good as Series 6 or 7 but it still has good characters and good challenges.
SrWilson3S
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by SrWilson3S »

I don't think lord fear is meant to be funny I think his role is to be bad and he just inadvertantly became funny as the series 6 7 8 progressed.
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

I LIKE series 5...more colourful than series 4 (mmm, purple and blue, with a spot of green and grey), crazy angled rooms (a knice technical feat introduced, e.g. password blocker rooms), introduction of the causeways...only the teams let me down.

"How long is the arrow?"
"It's about 45cm long..."
"ARGH! JUST TAKE IT! TAKE IT TAKE IT!"

I also like the vastly-improved Pickle-Treguard banter, even when it feels like a pantomime. Best bit of that was Treguard meekly smiling at the audience when trying to cover for Pickle (who was late) at the beginning of episode 2/3 (I don't know which one).
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I LIKE series 5... [...] the teams let me down.
Yeh, I think the teams really pull the season down a bit.
"How long is the arrow?"
"It's about 45cm long..."
"ARGH! JUST TAKE IT! TAKE IT TAKE IT!"
It's almost surreal watching that scene, they're just so silly. It's odd too, since they do have some good thought processes going on later on. "Hide the knife" is still my favourite.
I also like the vastly-improved Pickle-Treguard banter, even when it feels like a pantomime. Best bit of that was Treguard meekly smiling at the audience when trying to cover for Pickle (who was late) at the beginning of episode 2/3 (I don't know which one).
You know, that's really true. I'll admit I don't like the pantomime elements, or Pickle's silly encouragement to teams at some points, but the Treguard/Pickle stuff is- for me- a lot more well written than the Series 4 stuff, which was bland and terribly repetitive. In fact, the scripts as a whole in Series 5 are quite good. Despite all the charges we've laid against it, I do think there's much more good writing in it than Series 4.
Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 06 Nov 2003, 03:26, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

Yes, the series 4 banter...

Treguard: "Pickle, you've been around Dunkley Wood."
Pickle: "Not for many years, master.... as I've already told you at least twice.
Treguard: "Oh yes, so you have. Sorry, I'm a bit rusty at conversation, having been in this dungeon alone for almost 3 years."

I just wish I didn't have to wait until next Friday to see Episode 7 onwards...I'm trapped at this University!
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Yes, the series 4 banter...

Treguard: "Pickle, you've been around Dunkley Wood."
Pickle: "Not for many years, master.... as I've already told you at least twice.
Treguard: "Oh yes, so you have. Sorry, I'm a bit rusty at conversation, having been in this dungeon alone for almost 3 years."
LOL, yep. I particularly disliked the one that ran with a few small variations something like:

Pickle: "Isn't that the Eye Shield, Master?"
Treguard: "Yes, I think so, Pickle. Since it's been the Eye Shield sitting there on that stand in the last six adventures, I doubt this time it's a cheese sandwich disguised as an Eye Shield. A very valuable artifact, the Eye Shield, team... blah blah... strap it on your arm... blah blah... needs some time to get used to its wearer."

*Dungeoneer walks off and Eye Shield kicks in*

Pickle: "The Eye Shield appears to be working, Master."
Treguard: "Yes, it sees. I don't why why I'm surprised, it's done that all year. I'd rather like to see it do something else, to be honest. I hope I'm not going to be stuck talking about this piece of junk over the next five years. Although I'm more worried about the prospect of having to talk to you for the next five years, Pickle."
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

Hee hee! Very good ;D.
Dunshelm
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Dunshelm »

Why does no1 like Pickle?

I thpought he was a hell of a lot better than that Majida woman.
- A distinctly magical fashion and therefore somewhat unreliable