Series 5 - Episode 9

JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Series 5 Episode 9 (Fri. 7th)

Post by JamesA »

You guys best be careful what you say here, since I've been contact with both Exeter teams in the past! Also remember that Jenna (the dungeoneer) has recently posted on the forum, so there's always the possibility of her checking on all the gossip again, you have been warned!!!!  ;D
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Moocowthingy
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Moocowthingy »

Well Id love to comment but alas I cant.  Ive now missed 3 episodes of S5, one due to challenge changing the schedual, another due to my video messing up and now this one :( .  I set my video right and I put it on challenge and in my absense the cable box changed itself to channel 890.  If theres one thing I hate more than schedual fiddling challenge tv its cable box tampering Telewest.  When I complain no doubt I'll get the " weve updated your box " excuse, sigh.
Brangwen
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Brangwen »

Can you give me a list of what Clue Objects there were for the current team, my mind seems to have blacked out that part from my memory, grr.
WhiteDevil
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WhiteDevil »

Scroll
Box
Poison
Gold (in bag)
Those Who Live In The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

Made me laugh when they said "the scroll said Give a dog a bone" and Hordriss became indignant. "I am not a dog!"
also when the scroll warned against opening the box then the new team said "see if the box opens!"
 Great stuff really  ;D
Future_Boy
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Funny business in the penultimate room

Post by Future_Boy »

Did any of you notice on Friday that after they frooze that ice woman, the team were directing their dungeoneer all over the place including to the right, BUT the dungeoneer was still moving left and forwad straight towards the door, something weird was going on because his team wernt telling him to go that way yet he moved straight towards the door ... watch that room again and see.

Me and my mum both noticed that something fishy was going on.
Johnr
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Johnr »

And I would think that the scroll would be suggesting not to take the key eithe ;).
DeadDungeoneer
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by DeadDungeoneer »

Yeah hi, I'm here! (Jenna - dungeoneer of current team!)

Please don't be so mean >:( !  ;D After all, I was only just 12 years old at the time... plus, you'll notice that one of my team mates does not say a SINGLE word the whole time, and the other was not very helpful either. My sister may aswell as have been guiding me on her own!

Also it was completely surreal doing the filming and extremely disjointed as you only filmed one scene at a time, and then had an hour or more break while they set up the next, which meant you never really get into the flow of it.

And if you think we're hopeless, just bear in mind that out of 20 000 applications, our team was just one of a handful chosen to be on the series, so there!  ;D
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Funny business in the penultimate room

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Yep, you're definitely right, I noticed it as well. No idea why it was edited like that- I'm surprised it could be edited quite that badly, to be honest. I could come up with a conspiracy theory or two, but I won't this time.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Hi there Jenna. I had wondered about what that username might mean before now.

I don't think you did that badly. In fairness, that clue about the box was a bit confusing. I can really see why people might not have known how to react to it, although the suggestion to open the box was, well, um, yes.

I do think the ongoing quest says something about Series 5. The series does has difficult elements, and they don't really seem to get progressively more difficult as a quest goes on. If you can survive one causeway, you can survive them all, so long as you've listened to clues. That's different to other series where the puzzles tended to get progressively more difficult. I do think some S5 teams had a hard time because of those causeways- I mean, you know what to do, but you don't really have much of an idea how long you have to do it (unless they were told and it didn't make the final edit). So some teams get on with it and kill themselves in the process, whereas some teams are allowed to dawdle a bit and get away with it- there's really heavy editing gone on in some of the early teams' attempts, for example. (Yes, I realise there's one other case to mention from later on in the series, but I've put enough spoilers in already.) I can't help thinking that the S6 Causeways with timer were fairer, so teams knew how long they'd got, didn't dawdle too much but also didn't fall into the trap of hurrying where they didn't need to.

Had more to say on Team 4, but I'll think on it a bit more.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Aww go on...this thread would seem so empty without them!
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

I liked this episode!  Yes, Level 3 seemed a bit short but I liked all the rooms and what happened in them.  Not forgetting the characters!  Elita really made me laugh this time (she annoys me sometimes tho') with her 'piggy piggy' remarks aimed at Ben.  Then when Ben said (to the team) the scroll said 'Give a dog a bone' and Hordriss got angry at this - I laughed out loud!  ;D
The final Causeway is a real masterpiece too - even though I knew the outcome it was still exciting! ;D

On to Jenna's team now *waves to Jenna* and I agree that the scroll was a bit confusing 'cause it seemed to indicate that the box might be dangerous and that they should leave it.  I liked the boat ride with Brother Mace as the boatman - lol, fancy a monk rowing a boat!
Brangwen
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Brangwen »

Yeah the bit with Hordriss and the Bone was funny^_^

Hey Jenna, what was it like riding in a boat with Brother Mace? Was it scary to know you were going to be on TV?
Brangwen
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Brangwen »

Yes. Please share, y'know you want too^_^

Come to think of it, while I didnt tape this episode, I did notice something was odd with the directions in that room, but I didn't think much of it.
JoeGrocottJames
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by JoeGrocottJames »

I remember having a niggle about it when I saw the clip on the site - but I didn't think anything of it unti l I saw this thread.