Series 4 V 5

mattymoo_goblin
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Series 4 V 5

Post by mattymoo_goblin »

Hi every1, well now that series 4 & 5 have been shown on Challenge, which one would you say is your favourite and why?
Mine would have to be series 5 because it was no where near as repetitive as 4 and wasn't loaded with purple scenery. The characters were better as well, having Lord Fear and Smirkenorf, etc.
My only big problem with S5 is that it was rather boring with tense puzzles. The only one was the Causeway and that didn't even have a timer to make it more challenging. S4 had the B&T and at least had a Level 3 with some sort of challenge.
Still S5 is my choice  :)
You Have too Remember Pickle That This Is Not Game....
mattymoo_goblin
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: Series 4 V 5

Oh and 1 more thing, series 5 didn't have loads of "3 questions" rooms which i think really slowed the quest down....1 PROPER question room would be nice (not a case of require At least 2 right answers, only get 1 right and still get away with it ;D)
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

I'm not that wowed by either season really. Season four was certainly repetitive, especially on level one, and the introduction of the eye-shield was a scandal. Season five had a major boost with the introduction of Lord Fear I suppose, but I'm still not a fan of it.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
mattymoo_goblin
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

neither was i entirely b'cuz the main reason i enjoyed S6 & 7 was the Dwarf Tunnels and the creepy background music that was added too increase tension and unfortunatley S4&5 had neither of them  >:(
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

I am going to vote for S4 because S5 had some really dense teams, very little in the way of puzzles other than causeway and blockers. S4 was repetitive but i still liked it. Also the teams in S5 were awful and S4 had Dicken
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

I have to say S5 because even though it was one of the weaker sereis.

It marks the start of my favirote era in Knightmare

The Powers That Be VS The Opposition.

Also It fetuerd the debute of Skarkill

"HEHEHEHE... LOVELY"
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Ssssssuch narsssssssssssscisssssssm-nessssssss!  ;)
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

I'll have to go with Series 5, because it wasn't quite as purple and had Scarkill in it.

Then again, Series 4 had the "Sidestep to your left!" moment, which is perhaps the best part of Knightmare ever.
Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Series 5. Not only were the quests more varied, there was the introduction of Lord Fear, Christopher being turned into a goblin then eaten by a blocker, and Jenna and Andrea also starred in it as well!  ;D
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I am going to vote for S4 because S5 had some really dense teams
I am going to vote for S5 because S5 had some really dense teams. I like the dense teams, especially when Elita sends them off defenceless into the Corridor of Blades. S5 was bad in a lot of ways, but S4 was often dire, and it had those wretched Weeping Doors. I hope they made Dooris into a coffee table.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

I loved the slow, painful death that befell Christopher. Everything that could have gone wrong from the start of level 2 did happen. I liked the way they tried to get Christopher back on the right path with the Brother Mace scene, but he would probably have died later.

I also liked the ruthlessness of the descender if you got it wrong. He didn't even have time to say "Where am I?" and get a response. Possibly cruel, but if you can't count and be assertive enough then you deserve to die. In real life too.  ;D

Well, maybe not. S5 picked up after a poor beginning and became more enjoyable towards the end. There were fewer in-the-stocks scenes too. It gets my vote as Pickle was less boring, it was less purple (but it looked too red instead) and there was only one unfair death (The timed out causeway one). Sir Hugh De Witless was fab too.
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

hmm perhaps you guys are right, i concur to your views and will say S5 was perhaps better except for the teams. I only liked 2 teams in S5 and there weren't many teams who stand out apart from Christopher (really poor team but really funny) and the unfair timed causeway