Series 6 Episode 3

MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Series 6 Episode 3

Post by MoanaLiza »

Feel free to please comment :)! Your opinions on the team and the episode, etc. I thought that this team were pretty good and worked quite well together. They were also pretty quick at working things out, such as when they tried to call Malefact. Other teams I believe wouldn't've done that. We get to meet Elita again and Pickle is not as repetative this time either and doesn't panic at every timeout. Lord Fear also seems to be more like Mogdred sometimes this series.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
lordfearisafox
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re:Series 6 Episode 3 *No Spoilers Please*

Post by lordfearisafox »

Well, so far I am v.impressed with s6. Spooky, atmospheric, great! music.
Loving the whole dwarf tunnels thang.
Seems more grandscale and polished this series which is always good.
This ep wasn't as good as the other two but then level 1 can be a bit of a drag sometimes - which is why LF has toughned up a la the d.tunnels and enhanced s.glass interaction!
Loving Ah Wok and Sidress - oh my God, did that d.tunnel mo in ep2 with her rabbitting on not drag out forever though- arghh!
Elita's had a haircut and new outfit which is always nice to see. Doesn't look like a Noddy reject anymore.
But best of all - Smirky's got a voice - YAY!
Lookin 4ward to ep4 tomoro,

x

p.s. the marifact/malifact thing - never in a million years would have worked that out at their age, but maybe that's just me...?
I will of course repay you in the...usual manner!
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

Another team I like - they pay attention and are enthusiastic about the game. Oh, and Sumaya can say some things to characters without asking the team exactly what to say to them.

Liked the little plot about Sidriss looking through the Spyglass and Lord Fear freezing her. It's not often characters get to see what Lord Fear's up to.

Also, plenty of little comedy moments with Ah Wok e.g. his confusion at Sumaya's name, and then him saying "Malefact" wrongly. Lol, well I thought it was funny!

I thought the team were excellent at guiding her across the causeway, they were one of the (few) teams not to panic in the slightest.
mattymoo_goblin
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by mattymoo_goblin »

I agree they are another good team. Has anyone noticed so far that all the causeways in Level 1 have a frightknight timer and the ones in Level 2 don't? i thought they were meant to get harder lol.
I always thought that Hordriss was part of the Powers That Be now? I always wonder which characters ACTUALLY form the Powers That Be.
Apart from that i just like how everything seems to happen faster and things don't drag on like they did in earlier series.
So can't wait too see more of this series! ;D
You Have too Remember Pickle That This Is Not Game....
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

1st thing i noticed was the eye shield clips are not as long. They are now being used the way the should be.

Also great to see lord fear get more involved, his also frozen two people and tyred to squash the team :D

his robot is kinda nasty... but we still haven't seen an real puzzles apart from the cause way, everything has pretty much been talking. which is why the very early shows were Little better, more floor/game puzzles. but his is already far better then season 5 all the actors are really getting into it. Pickle is as annoying as always.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

Caught the last half of it and I must say I was very impressed, the team is clever enough and Ah Wok was funny with his Marifact. The plot is shaping up better and I agree with the points about the eye shield.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

"Sumaya? Corse your somwhere youw wite 'ere..."
I loved that one!

Also Team 3, when the dungeoneer was being guided toward the table in Level One and the dungeoneer says arrogantly, "Does it help I can see it?!"
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
KFan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by KFan »

I think that it was a massive improvement after series 5. Don't get me wrong, I liked series 5, but it was also the worst series for me, mostly due to the slowness, and the poor graphics. Series 6 however, doesn't have boring parts (for example, riding on smirkenorf is less boring now, because he is given a voice)... And also, when they are somewhere that involves hanging about for a while, theres some music which makes it more exciting. I was actually nervous whilst watching teams on the new and improved causeways.

Series 6 is much darker, and allthough we don't see much of a return to the old days of the dungeons just yet, the scenes are much better.

New opening titles introduced this year... I liked the actual titles, as they replaced the cartoon ones, which had become fairly out-dated. I didn't think much of the changes to the music however. When thjey added the beats to it etc. It changed alot.

Can't wait to see more! ;D
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

If you looked in what you thought was a mirror and saw Lord Fear's face staring back, what would you do? Run away screaming or continue staring? Sidriss does the latter, and pays the price when she gets frozen.

Still, there's a ray of light in the form of Elita, who's had a more elvish Series 6 makeover. She's all hung up on trying to do a ritual, but eventually helps them by telling them to find Hordriss' calling name and to take the 'uneven path' on the causeway. Despite team 1 falling foul to the hexagons of doom in the last episode, they traverse it very well, and live to die another day.

Scaramonger was seemingly on holiday today, so it's just everyone's favourite comedy chinaman Ah Wok (he should have had a spin-off series). He give them the cawrring name instluctions to turn around and shrout 'Marifact' thlee times.

But wait, it doesn't work! They've forgotten that Ah Wok pronounces Ls as Rs...it's Malifact, not Marifact. Hordriss appears for the first time as a true blue (or should I say true red) mage, seemingly transparent for some reason. Angry at first, he's greatful to the team when they reveal what's happened to Sidriss. They then use the password on the Blocker, who's animation has been sped up in this series for some reason, meaning his lips are no longer in sync with his voice. Sorry, that's a really trivial observation.

They're really into the groove by the time they reach Smirkenoff. No fare, but flattery gets them through. We time out in mid-flight, following which Treguard does his schtick and the closing music plays.

Will Sumayya and Co master the dungeon? Will Hordriss EVER switch to the Powers that Be? Why have I randomly hidden eight Madonna songs in this post? Find out...next thread!*

*Does not apply to all questions
Selphie
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Selphie »

Something about the credits that have always bugged me; it seems strange to have the dungeoneer running around in a pretty suicidal way. Well I guess it bears slightly more resemblance to the show then the animated knight.

This team are so polite to everyone, even to Elita who would press the patience of a saint!

What was the point of the really long eyeshield sequence near the start where they go up to a ledge only to realise there's water and a drop and turn around? Just didn't really see the need for it.

The team were bright to work out so quickly the correct Malefact calling. I do wonder how much research any team ever did before appearing on the show at this stage because I knew as a kid what Hordriss' calling name was. I'm not finding fault with the team, I'm simply curious. Giving Hordriss a daughter in this series so he had a weakness and leverage point was a good idea. Better then in series 7 when he just fell pray to LF's traps all the time.
A revolution without dancing isn't a revolution worth having.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

"Malefact/Marifact..." Chinese accent *cough cough*.

"Dragons are categorised by colour..." Apparently green dragons are the finest, and so Smirky is presumably superior to black dragons like Bealwit...

"Sumaya? O' course you somewhere, you right 'ere..."

I'm really just stirring up the political correctness (*spits*) barrel by asking this of course, but do you reckon this is the most offensive episode in the history of the series?
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: Series 6 Episode 3

Post by Drassil »

It always made me uncomfortable when Elita fired insults at a dungeoneer. But it made me even more uncomfortable when she switched to being helpful to a dungeoneer. Here, she helps Sumayya without asking for anything in return. I can't help wondering whether Sumayya should ideally have taken the salt from the clue room and given it to Elita for her ritual - even though Elita claims to have all the ingredients she needs, and much as I like how the team mentions the salt to help describe Sidriss' location to Hordriss. Sumayya completes Level 1 having used only one clue object and, like Ben 3 quests later, in the next episode we see her disembarking from Smirkenorff with an unused horn still in her hand (despite Pickle's claim that she was carrying no clues). Contrast this with Sophia's team, who are told explicitly that they left behind a Level 1 clue object they should have taken.

Couldn't either Elita or Smirkenorff have been given some reason for asking for the horn, so that it wasn't redundant without explanation?

The team also gets let off with the dragon ride in another way. Hordriss has told them that "dragons are categorised by colour", so when Smirkenorff asks them "which sort of dragons are the finest" - which, with the exception of Hordriss' entrance exam in Sophia's quest, is what passes for a riddle in Series 6 - they should have replied "Green" and not "It must be you" (even though Pickle encouraged them in giving the latter answer!).

It's perhaps an injustice to Stephanie Hesp's performance that the advisors think Elita "looks friendly". I'm intrigued by Elita's comment that the elvish elders "can't do much" against Lord Fear. Did they try and fail, or not even dare to try... and what might "His Nastiness" have done to them?
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Drassil wrote:I'm intrigued by Elita's comment that the elvish elders "can't do much" against Lord Fear. Did they try and fail, or not even dare to try... and what might "His Nastiness" have done to them?
This may tie in with Elita's comments the year before, when Duncan rescues her after Skarkill locked her in a chest: "He was gonna send the goblins to take me off to Mount Fear. I suppose you know that no-one ever comes back from that place. Not even el-- not even my people!" So there must be other elves who were either imprisoned or killed by Lord Fear.
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Drassil wrote:The team also gets let off with the dragon ride in another way. Hordriss has told them that "dragons are categorised by colour", so when Smirkenorff asks them "which sort of dragons are the finest" - which, with the exception of Hordriss' entrance exam in Sophia's quest, is what passes for a riddle in Series 6 - they should have replied "Green" and not "It must be you" (even though Pickle encouraged them in giving the latter answer!)
By Pickle validating the team's answer, it would have then been harsh on the team if Smirkenorff said otherwise.If Pickle kept quiet, then the team should really answer 'green'. Trust Pickle to interfere again!!
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

One must wonder how in the heck the Powers That Be come into possession of all the Blocker/Dreadnort passwords anyhow? Lord Fears' security leaks like a sieve! XD

But to be honest that's probably what makes him a bad ass anyway. Giving everyone the means to beat him and his forces and still watch as they all blunder, usually either because of their own mishaps, oveesights or their own incompetence