Series 6 Episode 9 and review so far!

MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Series 6 Episode 9 and review so far!

Post by MoanaLiza »

Go ahead guys and also since we are over half way I think that we should perhaps review the season so far also, but no spoilers please though!
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Billy
Knight
Knight

Re:Series 6 Episode 9 and review so far!

Post by Billy »

First, a review of this episode. This team are great, they've done brilliantly so far, and dungeoneer Ben's very chatty with everyone, which is nice. "No, that's it, can we have the information please?" We had an amusing sub-plot featuring Sidriss together with Sly Hands (perish the thought) and some downright HUGE Pookas! There was also a funny exchange with Ah Wok and Ben: "Do you know anything about Sidriss?" "Sidrissississ?" "Er, we'll just take the potion"! Anyone notice Smirkenoff rode for free, instead of charging a fare? He didn't even ask who the best dragon was, like in Sumaya's case. Oh well, he must have felt generous today. I also notice that I've been spelling it wrong for the last few years according to the credits, it's 'Smirkenoff' and not 'Smirkenorff' (no extra R).
On another note, the team had MANY near-misses on the Causeway, I kept thinking he was going to fall off it any moment. Still, luckily he didn't, and now they're in Level 2 with a spell that might 'backfire' on them (geddit?) and a Pooka in a jar. Will be interesting to see how their quest turns out, they're definately my highest high-hopers so far this Series.

And now for the Series so far...well, since I was in Devon, I missed the first two episodes. But looking back on it from Series 5, I can see many changes. The new title sequence and music is excellent, must have taken ages to make back then. The only thing I'm not so sure about is the way the dungeoneer throws the gold dust which forms the Knightmare logo, although a good concept, the animation seems a bit choppy to me. I've missed the old life force, but I'm fond of the new walking skeleton too. It's a shame the new death sequence has only been used ONCE so far in this entire series! As for characters, it's a shame Brother Mace isn't in this series, but I've enjoyed pretty much all of the new characters, like Sidriss and Ridolfo, and the rivalry between Julius Scaramonger and Ah Wok. The causeways seem a bit linear when compared to last series, the Frightknight timer is a well-needed improvement, but all of them so far are just a bunch of numbers. What happened to all the different Series 5 ones? But as I said in an earlier review, I do like the music. Lord Fear's new lair looks pretty nifty, as does the magic pool, although the people in it can look a little blurry sometimes. We've already seen his hand, but I'd like to see him make an full appearance in a quest. All in all, this is a smashing series!
mattymoo_goblin
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by mattymoo_goblin »

My Review of the episode. A bit slow in my opinion but I did like the small story with Sidriss and hands. Good job the potion worked before hands took lil ben away hehe.
The pookas were enormous in this episode but i was disappointed again that the dreadnort was just standing there and didn't suddenly appear like he used too.
I think even Pickle was joining in the groans on the causeway as Ben almost fell off a few times.
Im interested to know what will happen with the Backfire spell but thats for next time....

The Series Review...
Well compared to Series 5 i can instantly say that this one has been much more interesting. Theres a large variety of rooms so you never know where they are going to end up in the next room.
I agree that the causeways have somewhat become a bit repetitive because they no longer use the different types such as using colours, etc.
The music is also a very good addition because all those tense moments are made even tenser! and the Dwarf Tunnels are just great because you never know what will be around the next corner. Compared to the series 3 ones these are much more fun and more scary.
Also character interaction in this series is much more interesting as well. I really enjoyed the chase when Sidriss had to guide them through the tunnels to get away from the goblins.
A Great Series that i can't wait too see more of! :)
You Have too Remember Pickle That This Is Not Game....
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

A Slow but funny episoed the Sidriss/Hands sub-plot was good.
mattymoo_goblin wrote: Good job the potion worked before hands took lil ben away hehe.
"Speak for yourself. >:()

They were dam lucky on the causeway though, massive Pookas (which was good :D) and a stationairy Dreadnouht (Which wasn't :()

Overall

This series is a definant improvment on S5 not nearly as cluncky and the actors are settaled e.g. Rayner Burton I thought gave a much more consistant performance as Julius yesterday the during the first half of S5.

Moveing a lot quiker as well so you don't feel that the quest are draggin. Haven't had a terribaly bad team yet.

More interaction between His Fearship err.......Lordship and the dungeoneers like when he plays his hand.

"HEHEHEHEHEHEHE....LOVELY."

The sub-plots are also well writern I think. The new characters such as Sidriss and Ridolfo are fitting in quite nicely. Although one can be while most of the time entertaining can be an annoying pilak sometimes not nameing names *cough* Ridolfo *cough*

All in all a brill seson and a deffinat inprovment on S5. ;D
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

I'm very keen to see what that ghost in the bottle does... ummmmmm

The season is very good.. but it's to easy,
just a matter of working out the correct objects and a causeway. nothing of real danger, no other puzzles, not questions, even the hauntings don't cause any damage like they did in the early seasons.

they just needed to have a few most puzzles and the use of brain power.
I do like how each quest is different, the new life force clock is okay.. i kind of like it more than the 1st time round.. but nothing beats the crude decaying skull.. which made an appearance.. not sure why they didn't keep with the walking one, but it was a good surprise.

OOHHH And a Red Dragon.. i'm still disappointed that we still haven't seen any real action from Tiny.. only saw it for a few moments in season 5 i was hoping to see it in more action this time round. At least the Dreadnought is better then having blockers, i like the blockers but no need for one on every level.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Fear
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Fear »

Review so far.

Yes a good improvement on last series at first i was not keen on Sidress but have got to like her more.

Dissapointed that for last 2 episodes she has been frozen or something.

I would like to have seen somone had ago at the cup. Lord Fear's hand is a great added bonus & yesterday episode with Hands & the ring i remember watching it.

Courseway has become alot harder Smirkonof talking has been ok & also glad Blockers have been used very little.

Overall so far so good.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

^ i like the Blockers in level one. but should have asked a couple of questions than a password,
But they did bring that back didn't that.. looking forward to seeing that again.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Becxsmagic
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Becxsmagic »

I thought the causeway was great suspense, I really thought they were going to fall off, the communication in the team was not good, they were talking over one another and Ben couldn't really hear a word they were saying! ::)
Whereever you go, there you are
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

I love this team, but I do agree they were a bit slow over the Giant Causeway...even Ben was saying "Hurry up!"
TomDread
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Julius Scaramonger= Canadian/American?

Post by TomDread »

In series 6, with the episode with the winning team Ben, they go into a room with a scroll saying "Gold to the east, silver to the west" when they got to the market stalls, there's Ah Wok and Scaramonger. Now it'd be pretty obvious Ah wok came from the east, but that must mean scaramonger came from America/Canada, but developed an english accent? :o
Opinions?
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re:Julius Scaramonger= Canadian/American?

Post by Snowcat »

Assuming the puzzle was based on Stereotypes, anything Left of Moscow on the average map is considered 'West'...

The UK and much of Europe is often called 'The Western World', not just the US and Canada across the pond. Scaramonger seems to be your average English 'Jack-the-Lad' type trader so when compared against the highly Oriental Ah Wok, it's very much West Vs East.
There are but 2 rules in this realm:-
1) He who sees first is the winner...
2) He who is seen first is toast...
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

The clue's in the name anyhow. If he were a US businessman he'd be called Julius C. Scaramongerberg Jnr III. And he'd have thinning gray hair and smoke thick Panama cigars. {endmusichallsketchmode}
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

I think Julius Scaramonger's accent is supposed to be West Country, which is what the scroll clue was alluding to.
This account is disabled.
My new account is TheOldenDays
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Well, it always sounded like a Brummie accent to me i.e. WEST Midlands.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
ross
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by ross »

Agree with HStrom JS must have been firmly brought up in the West Midlands.