Series 7 - Episode 12

JoeGrocottJames
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Series 7 - Episode 12

Post by JoeGrocottJames »

What would have happened if the team had not summoned Greystagg after getting the sword and trapping Lord Fear with the ARKEN spell? (i.e. they just continued walking along the corridor?) Would they have died?
Last edited by Drassil on 06 Jan 2011, 19:29, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title adjusted to aid identification.
Arcengal
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Series 7, Team 6 (What would have happened?)

Post by Arcengal »

In common with another team that reached that point, I think perhaps they had returned to the entrance and needed magic to get back to Treguard and co. The first team used a return potion, whereas the other team used the spell.
4 line sigs yada yada yada
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

They probably would have died, since there was no exit. Indeed though, they summoned Greystagg and got out through a RETURN spell (not potion) and Barry (the following quest) escaped by drinking a "Fast Backwards" potion which brilliantly send him speeding back through the entire dungeon.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

yes, barry's was one of the most impressive ways to escapew the dungeon EVER!
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
Lowebo
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Lowebo »

Derek: "Smirkenorff Looks Good in reverse Barry!:

And 100 posts ;)
One time willowthewisp... Never in the shadows.
pick1e

Post by pick1e »

smirkenorff has three gears, forwards, reverse and crisp ;D
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Series 7 ep 12

Post by MoanaLiza »

Okay folks!
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
WhiteDevil
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:Series 7 ep 12

Post by WhiteDevil »

Barry!

I mean you no harm...
Well i am pleased to hear that

;D

The girl team deserved their win i think, they did a good job and figured out what to do with the arken shield quickly (what am i saying, there were only 2 things they could do..) -

Barry has already had be and my older brother laughing and hes been questing all of 5 minutes...

Im looking forward to this quest!
Those Who Live In The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Yay! Julie's team becomes a winning team! Actually, I knew from the start that they would win, as I remember watching this back on the 26th November 1993. A thoroughly excellent team all round, they definitely deserved their victory. It's nice to see the team all getting a Frightknight trophy each, too.
Anyways, now we're onto Barry's team! Probably my favourite team out of all the KM series, dungeoneer Barry's only met Brother Strange so far and has already established himself as being a dungeoneer who fully interacts himself in the quest. So far he's actually needed very little advisor help, managing to direct himself through the dwarf tunnel!
King_Gazz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by King_Gazz »

cant wait 4 episode 17 2moro but unfortunatly i got football practice at 7 so il miss it n i aint gotta video. That barry was shit scared when he bumped into brother strange in da dwarf tunnels n laughed me head off
Blocker: PASSWORD? Advisor: Chris say red, blue, green & Grey. Chris: red, green, blue & grey. Advisor No chris red, blue. Blocker: GULP
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

GREAT episode ;D Of course, I knew that Julie was going to win ;) but still enjoyed it immensely. Lord Fear is getting funnier by the minute, don'cha think? ;D

And now all you guys who haven't seen Barry in action are in for a treat! I'm not saying any more if you don't want spoilers of course, hehe!
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Yes another great ep. Just wondering how a rower manages to turn a boat, when rowing straight. Anyway The team got on with the qwest, without hardly any help apart from the room where they had to use the reveal wand. Again I reacon that they didn't need to use a potion to complete a puzzle. They made PYCR look easy. I liked the bit with Julie and Lord Fear and then with Gwen. I loved their reactions to winning at the end. Overall a great team and a well deserved and appreaciated win from the first and only all girl team. Well done.

So we're on to the everso famous Barry and gang. I liked the look on his face to what Majida said at the start. I liked the way he went through the dwarf tunnel at the start with a 'running commentary'. I found it funny when he jumped when Brother Strange appeared and the conversation was amusing too. Look forward to tomorrow's ep for more!
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Porsmond »

Great Episode and well done to the Girls, they were a very good team and they all worked well together and deserved to win.

So now onto Barry's Team, I cant wait to view his quest again, obviously I did watch it the first time it was shown on ITV all those years ago but cant remember it much so it will be good to relive all those memories.

Barry started off brilliantly, Very eager to start and was praticlly guiding himself round the tunnels(Great Stuff) Cant wait to see more tomorrow :)
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

Ever got the feeling that he had seen the dwarf tunnels before they filmed him in the dwarf tunnels.

Still I liked Lord Fears mocking of other characters.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
Tom41
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Tom41 »

I liked a lot of things about this episode, mainly that we finally got to see a winning team! I think this is the first time that Majida gets to see a team win, isn't it?

Nice bit of suspense at the end of Play Your Cards Right, with that music that makes you think they're going to die ;)

And was it just me, or did the sword that Julie drew out of the stone look a bit too big for her? In the final room she was swinging it about a bit, and nearly cut Gwen's head off ;D

What was with Lord Fear's final line? "I've got two minutes - you've got three hours to get out of here, Julie! I'll take two minutes!"
One day you say "Enter Stranger" and big goblin comes in!